What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

🖖 LOWER DECKS Season-1 Discussion 🖖

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    Sheliak aren't sludge, they're silicon, you carbosupremacist! :wink:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    Wondering what would happen if you mixed a Ba'ul and an Armus together.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    > @shadowfang240 said:
    > uh...armus is not a sheliak - he is not even REMOTELY close to a sheliak​​

Oh my bad. Yes Armus is not a Sheliak, but 'not even remotely' is a bit of a stretch. They both are 'sludge people' and had the same voice actor :D

But yes, busted. I guess I am the non-carbon racist here, mea culpa.
    Sheliak aren't liquid though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    at least part of them are, given the background information for them describes sheliak as "a technological, non-humanoid lifeform of classification R-3, in appearance a wrap of black, mucous-secreting folds appearing as at least a head."

but they mainly look more like stellaris lithoids to me​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    In my memory I actually put the two together because I remembered them so similar. I rarely watch 'Skin of Evil' to the point I couldn't even remember what Armus was supposed to be, it's just a bad episode to me. And the Sheliak are also just sort of black globs on the screen. But yes they are most definitely not the same, but that's where and why I made the connection.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    #3 was good. :)

I liked all of them so far. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    Best part for me was the ascension. lolol
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

Yeah, that was so weird. And it just kept going and getting weirder. I liked it :p

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg

Yeah, that was so weird. And it just kept going and getting weirder. I liked it :p

I think that part was the first time they showed nature itself being ironic, almost like it had character. And it's so common, it's part of the B-plot. Haha.
    Dude, you're turning into a being of pure energy. There's bound to be a bit of a painful transition period as your mortal flesh is converted.

I want to know more about the koala, though! (And I seriously hope he's no relation to Speedy from A Girl and Her Fed.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    jonsills wrote: »
    Dude, you're turning into a being of pure energy. There's bound to be a bit of a painful transition period as your mortal flesh is converted.

I want to know more about the koala, though! (And I seriously hope he's no relation to Speedy from A Girl and Her Fed.)

Think of it like birthing pain, if any.

Transfigurations, the TNG episode, covered this.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > (Quote)
    > A Mary Sue is a character who everyone loves, never makes mistakes, and is the solution to every problem.
    >
    > Many people, in universe, don't like her, shes made a ton of mistakes(hence constant demotions), and she isn't the solution to most problems(in fact, she causes them)
    >
    > She is nowhere close to a Mary Sue by any definition of the word.

Mariner is a badass, but also an extremely talented ****up on purpose she lives to stir things up. She an extremely fun brat, so much of a mess to be a Mary Sue.

I love Mariner, she is insane and fun and funny, but she is far from perfect, but she is also the most fun character in Star Trek since Jadzia Dax.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Great episode today :D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    Great episode today :D

Yep. Love this one.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    So, when do we get the Prometheus-class? :smile:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    jonsills wrote: »
    So, when do we get the Prometheus-class? :smile:
    You mean the parliament class?
    Yes, that's what I meant. Apologies - typing under the influence of children, particularly a teenager with ADHD, autism, and remote learning, can be challenging at times...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    lordgyor wrote: »

I love Mariner, she is insane and fun and funny, but she is far from perfect, but she is also the most fun character in Star Trek since Jadzia Dax.
    Yep. :)

dvZq2Aj.jpg
    LOVED the flashback.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL9XQ6MpdRM

Nice to see the McMann cares about cannon stuff. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Trigger Warning for Lower Decks S01E06: Veterans of Office 97 to 2003 might experience flashbacks.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    Trigger Warning for Lower Decks S01E06: Veterans of Office 97 to 2003 might experience flashbacks.

As long as they dont do something like "Windows 8 was humantities greatest operating system". They do that and I will find thw writers and string them up by their shoelaces lol
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    foxman00 wrote: »

As long as they dont do something like "Windows 8 was humantities greatest operating system". They do that and I will find thw writers and string them up by their shoelaces lol

I have not seen the episode, but I suspect it has something to do with lampooning the seriously weird quirks of Word 97 that ended after the 2003 edition,
    especially the built in user agent "Clippy".
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User

More like nightmares rather than flashbacks. :tongue
    Give us CHU CHU shirts in game, now! :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Binged the first four episodes. Not at all what I expected. I mean this in a good way. I enjoyed it. It is obvious the cast and crew are knowledgeable about Star Trek in general. It would have been so easy for them to simply skim off the top for jokes and setups. Which they haven't done in what I've watched so far.

A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Notice that the TOS-era wreckage actually looked like it's supposed to.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou