test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Design for the Qugh Miracle Worker Battlecruiser

I don't know what the Qugh Miracle Worker Battlecruiser is suppose to represent, but that is NOT a Klingon design.

I thought of getting it, but the fact that the design looks nothing Klingon-like threw me off and I opted not to buy it. Until this is changed, I see no point of getting that one. I have multiple characters, and always looking for something different once in a while, but this ship is just... not Klingon-like.

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    I can totally get where you're coming from but the sad truth is that the Qugh, Na'Qjej, Qoj, Sech, M'Chla, Batlh, Chargh are all canon klingon ships from Discovery. It's a real shame because that thing is one of the best cruisers in the game (and the disco cloak effect looks really cool) but what discovery did to the klingons (mostly in season 1) is a tragedy.

The next best thing to ask for would probably be a 25th century counterpart like all the fed ships got but I really don't think the devs would "waste" their time on that so long after the ships released.
  • oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 105 Arc User

maybe with the 3 season of discovery, of an improvement in the appearance of these "strange ships" that made for Klingons, they deserve something more cool, because ... my God I look at that Eaglemoss (bird of prey) and I can only see one bat with a full diaper ...
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I don't know what the Qugh Miracle Worker Battlecruiser is suppose to represent, but that is NOT a Klingon design.

I thought of getting it, but the fact that the design looks nothing Klingon-like threw me off and I opted not to buy it. Until this is changed, I see no point of getting that one. I have multiple characters, and always looking for something different once in a while, but this ship is just... not Klingon-like.

It's a ship made by Klingons therefore by definition it's a Klingon design.

Yes it's hideous as are the Sech, Batlh, Daspu', and M'Chla but they are all ships made by Klingons, so maybe just say you don't like it, rather than pretending to be the arbiter of what a fictional species does with their ships.

Or maybe buy the badass Klingon ships like the Chargh or Qoj that preform well but also look fantastic and try not whining that ship in the game looks like the ship from the TV show it represents.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • midevilchaos#4670 midevilchaos Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    @seriousdave That is a shame. But that doesn't mean they can't pretend there is a mirror ship that looks different or something. I mean, that would make sense. Thanks for the tip.

@artan42 I wasn't asking for your opinion. You are not a dev. This subforum is called "Feedback › The Art of Star Trek Online" for a reason. If you are not happy about ME giving MY opinion to the DEVS, I suggest you stop whining about ME giving MY opinion, again, to the DEVS. As you can tell, I really don't appreciate your comment which is NOT welcomed in this subforum.

Besides, of the 4 people commenting here, you are the only one who doesn't seem to have an issue with the ship design. I don't recognize Discovery as being canon, despite it having the title Star Trek in it. I am not the only one with this notion in mind. But this is an entirely other discussion altogether.
    Post edited by midevilchaos#4670 on
    edited July 2020
    Flaming/trolling removed. -- WingedHussar
    Post edited by wingedhussar#7584 on
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,455 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Response to moderated post redacted. -- WingedHussar
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    edited July 2020
    Response to moderated post redacted. -- WingedHussar
    edited July 2020
    Flaming/trolling removed. -- WingedHussar

#TASforSTO

• psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    Had Enterprise's production been given a bit more time, I suspect most of their Klingon starships would have looked less akin to the D7. Instead of forcing that production to cut corners and reuse something too familiar. IMO, Discovery actually did with the Klingons what Enterprise should already have done. Show us something more alien. And give hints of how it may grow toward who we were more familiar with.

It's why, IMO, Discovery's approach has been such a shock to some viewers.

Not all the Klingon Houses those starships represent are necessarily of influence in the 25th century. That said, their designs are now a part of Klingon history. It was to be expected - as well as consistent - these designs would become a part of our game setting. Even if I agree some of them are hit and miss. The same can be said for the Starfleet starship designs. Some love one and completely detest others.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »

It's a ship made by Klingons therefore by definition it's a Klingon design.

Yes it's hideous as are the Sech, Batlh, Daspu', and M'Chla but they are all ships made by Klingons, so maybe just say you don't like it, rather than pretending to be the arbiter of what a fictional species does with their ships.

Or maybe buy the badass Klingon ships like the Chargh or Qoj that preform well but also look fantastic and try not whining that ship in the game looks like the ship from the TV show it represents.

I quite like the Sech. It's a good looking Protoss ship. The M'Chla is a nice Necromonger ship. The Qugh on the other hand...yeah that looks like a puddle of vomit in space. Seriously, what the hell were they thinking with that design?

Thank you! It totally looks... bad lol. I understand some non-trekkie may not understand the difference, but man is it ever apparent for all of us here. For now, I got myself the Sci Miracle ship. Doesn't look too bad actually. The only thing I miss though is the fact that my other T6 ship has a hangar bay.