test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rainbow Tribble - Current state on 8/22/2020

casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
Hello, people. I've grabbed a large amount of Rainbow Tribbles.

I have two questions to people who use them.

1. Have you ever got the full bonus (+12.5% Crth) when a full team uses them and you use one as well?

2. Have you tried putting them on your boffs? And if yes, did the 4 boffs get the full +10% crth bonus on them or on them and yourself?

My findings: The boffs aren't getting the bonus properly. I'm not sure if it's a general bonus issue or a bug, so I thought of asking others in a public forum to get the hot take.

Thanks in advance and waiting on your input!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Additional finding: I've seen boffs benefitting by the buff bar Rainbow Tribble status for 3 stacks, but the critical hit of the boffs doesn't seem to be modified by more than 2.5% which is the innate (basic bonus)
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    I didn't know about this tribble, but seeing you mention a huge crit chance bonus made me Google it.

Found this on Reddit, apparently people get the full bonus with a four-member boff team.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/i5vox7/the_rainbow_tribble_buff_works_with_boffs_enjoy/

Or at least they did 14 days ago, no idea whether it's been changed since then.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    I see. But the guy is using the tribble on his captain as well. I was asking if actually you can use a Gambling device and have your boffs using those tribbles and getting the benefit for themselves. (+10% crth on all of the boffs makes a difference).
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    I don't know.
    As far as I'm aware, the Gambling Device is treated like a Tribble in terms of buffs, and pretty much every Tribble in game that gives a buff says that it removes previous Tribble buffs. And I think the Gambling Device is older than the IDIC Tribble.

So in theory... if the buff from the Gambling Device is treated like a Tribble buff, it could be getting replaced with the Tribble buff.

The only Tribble I can think of that doesn't quite do that is the IDIC Tribble, but that is career dependant as it gives one of three different buffs based on career. To get all three you need a Tac, Sci, and Engie Captain with the Tribble. Don't know if it works with BOffs.

I'm no number cruncher, and I'm pretty casual in game, but to me this feels like a plausible theory.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    > @rattler2 said:
    > I don't know.
    > As far as I'm aware, the Gambling Device is treated like a Tribble in terms of buffs, and pretty much every Tribble in game that gives a buff says that it removes previous Tribble buffs. And I think the Gambling Device is older than the IDIC Tribble.
    >
    > So in theory... if the buff from the Gambling Device is treated like a Tribble buff, it could be getting replaced with the Tribble buff.
    >
    > The only Tribble I can think of that doesn't quite do that is the IDIC Tribble, but that is career dependant as it gives one of three different buffs based on career. To get all three you need a Tac, Sci, and Engie Captain with the Tribble. Don't know if it works with BOffs.
    >
    > I'm no number cruncher, and I'm pretty casual in game, but to me this feels like a plausible theory.

Nah, the IDIC Tribble is ancient, it was originally a promotional Tribble back closer to the launch of the game, if I remember correctly you couldn't buy it only get it from codes back then.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I don't know.
    As far as I'm aware, the Gambling Device is treated like a Tribble in terms of buffs, and pretty much every Tribble in game that gives a buff says that it removes previous Tribble buffs. And I think the Gambling Device is older than the IDIC Tribble.

So in theory... if the buff from the Gambling Device is treated like a Tribble buff, it could be getting replaced with the Tribble buff.

The only Tribble I can think of that doesn't quite do that is the IDIC Tribble, but that is career dependant as it gives one of three different buffs based on career. To get all three you need a Tac, Sci, and Engie Captain with the Tribble. Don't know if it works with BOffs.

I'm no number cruncher, and I'm pretty casual in game, but to me this feels like a plausible theory.

I'm not 100% sure but I do believe your BOFFs, if holding the IDIC Tribble, do count towards its profession specific synergy buff, or I'm just hopefully remembering incorrectly lol
    Then perhaps my boffs are dumbos and didn't activate the tribble in mass. Thank you for your findings!
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    casualsto wrote: »
    Then perhaps my boffs are dumbos and didn't activate the tribble in mass. Thank you for your findings!

I know in the past, when I cared more, if my BOFF didn't immediately use the tribble when entering a new map I'd take it out of the BOFF's inventory then place it back. That seemed to most times activate the BOFF to use the tribble. Otherwise I'm sure its on some timer or activation sequence code.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    westx211 wrote: »
    > @rattler2 said:
    > I don't know.
    > As far as I'm aware, the Gambling Device is treated like a Tribble in terms of buffs, and pretty much every Tribble in game that gives a buff says that it removes previous Tribble buffs. And I think the Gambling Device is older than the IDIC Tribble.
    >
    > So in theory... if the buff from the Gambling Device is treated like a Tribble buff, it could be getting replaced with the Tribble buff.
    >
    > The only Tribble I can think of that doesn't quite do that is the IDIC Tribble, but that is career dependant as it gives one of three different buffs based on career. To get all three you need a Tac, Sci, and Engie Captain with the Tribble. Don't know if it works with BOffs.
    >
    > I'm no number cruncher, and I'm pretty casual in game, but to me this feels like a plausible theory.

Nah, the IDIC Tribble is ancient, it was originally a promotional Tribble back closer to the launch of the game, if I remember correctly you couldn't buy it only get it from codes back then.
    It was a giveaway for one of the anniv events. Single character unlock though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    I was there when the IDIC Tribble was released.
    I have seen many things, from the first release of The 2800 through the fires of Delta Rising...
    I may not be a Beta Tester, but I have been around.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • darknovasc01darknovasc01 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    Wasn't there an NPC where you could claim the IDIC tribble on the old ESD when it was available?

I seem to remember heading left after beaming in, and it was stood near the window just through the doorway into that lower left quadrant.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Wasn't there an NPC where you could claim the IDIC tribble on the old ESD when it was available?

I seem to remember heading left after beaming in, and it was stood near the window just through the doorway into that lower left quadrant.
    Not sure where it is in the current ESD, but it's on Qo'Nos ground still.

Amusingly it's in the BotS queue too, since that was built on a copy of the social zone.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
This discussion has been closed.