test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Support Carrier Bundle - Discussion

Comments

• cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    Did they remove 5 keys from the bundle? I'm pretty sure the blog originally said there would be 5 in it.
    It's honestly kinda bologna.

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,689 Arc User
    So this bundle was advertised as containing 5 Master Keys for several days then Cryptic pulled the plug on that as part of the bundle before or after the bundle went on sale?

That maneuver sounds pretty erroneous.

It isn't/shouldn't be the focus of the bundle of course but that is pretty foul.
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Did they remove 5 keys from the bundle? I'm pretty sure the blog originally said there would be 5 in it.
    It's honestly kinda bologna.

I shall be blunt. Even if that was a limited special removing it just before launch is weak TRIBBLE. Who was in charge of making the anouncment that let that slip in in the first place? Spank their TRIBBLE with a giant paddle 5 times for each key.
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    jade1280 wrote: »

I shall be blunt. Even if that was a limited special removing it just before launch is weak TRIBBLE. Who was in charge of making the anouncment that let that slip in in the first place? Spank their TRIBBLE with a giant paddle 5 times for each key.

mol6cLB.jpg
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    If I was in their shoes, since the error is on them and digital keys dont have production cost, I would let people have 5 with the subnote it was an error but we decided that,

Also the 20% sale post says its a perfect time to get the new temporal ship bundle so apparently the errors are from copy paste of old posts and forgetting to correct them
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,540 Arc User
    My guess is they were both last minute things. (I know people were asking for the ship sale during the stream - pretty awesome that we actually got one.)

I'm not really surprised, but I am disappointed people are using it to fuel their witch hunts instead of.. talking about these new ships. I mean, we finally got a T6 Vo'quv, Atrox, and (non-lockbox)Romulan Carrier.
    I am hoping for Zen sale.
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 8,818 Arc User
    Sigh. What do you expect from Cryptic "poroofreders"? Beware the ides of Jube.

Buying just the Romulan or Jem'Hadar for the trait for 2,400 then using 5 fleet modules for the other versions makes more and more sense to me.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 633 Arc User

Buying just the Romulan or Jem'Hadar for the trait for 2,400 then using 5 fleet modules for the other versions makes more and more sense to me.

I did the reverse, bought the KDF and one fleet token. My Rom can use then KDF CV to get the trait then 5 rep tokens to get the Rom CV.

Have to say, the fleet KDF CV is a work of art and can be kitbashed to quite a nice degree.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,295 Arc User
    Well, they really didn't want to break their streak, putting out an Announcement Blog that was correct and all that.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!
    Judge Dan Haywood
    Haven't done a lot of testing so far, but the Squadrons do seem to, functionally, just be a cosmetic variant of their non-squadron versions. Each squadron of '6' fighters appear to carry only 3 weapons between them(instead of 18). They 'might' fire a little faster, but the scorpion squadrons appear to fire about the same number of HY Torps as their non-squadron counterparts. Mind you, they still look really cool.

Probably not going to be messing around with the Frigates until this weekend; looking forward to seeing how they complement my JHVC's personal flotilla..
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 2,922 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    szerontzur wrote: »
    Haven't done a lot of testing so far, but the Squadrons do seem to, functionally, just be a cosmetic variant of their non-squadron versions. Each squadron of '6' fighters appear to carry only 3 weapons between them(instead of 18). They 'might' fire a little faster, but the scorpion squadrons appear to fire about the same number of HY Torps as their non-squadron counterparts. Mind you, they still look really cool.

Probably not going to be messing around with the Frigates until this weekend; looking forward to seeing how they complement my JHVC's personal flotilla..

I'm actually quite disapointed with the squadrons, i was hopping for more weapons, like the ones from the Donni, i'm ok that they do the same damage as the normal scorpions or whatever pet you choose, but at least make them look like they are way cooler!

The frigates are awesome, BTW, they work like a charm, even the blue ones are worthy
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • coldnapalmcoldnapalm Member Posts: 9,245 Arc User
    So close...

I actually like how all 4 ships in the bundle look. The extra fleet mods and keys was the sweetener that was gonna make me get the whole bundle since I have 8k zen lying around from LTS. But since they decided that 5 bucks of something was TOO much of an error to absorb...yeah complete pass on the whole thing. I will probably get the Romulan or Dominion one with the free coupon when they are available for those...but seriously Cryptic, how you all keep managing to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory for me is a wonder of wonders.
    It'll probably be over a year before they come out of the 'New' Tab, where you will be able to use the 100% Coupon.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!
    Judge Dan Haywood
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,765 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2020
    I am hoping for Zen sale.

Seems we Lucky to have received one. o:)

I did the reverse, bought the KDF and one fleet token. My Rom can use then KDF CV to get the trait then 5 rep tokens to get the Rom CV.

Have to say, the fleet KDF CV is a work of art and can be kitbashed to quite a nice degree.

I admit there likely a lot of Klingons, excited to finally see a true Klingon Carrier, especially having waited so long!

Still I'd really like to see T6 Dyson Ships, to continue advancing the work done on joint design, that started with the T5 Dyson Ships. Honestly I viewed them as the precursor to the joint design 29th-31st Temporal Ships.

Myself I'm not much of a Carrier enthusiast, yet must admit the Carriers do very nice! Especially the Caitian, with interchangeable Hull components with Atrox.

Anyways HOPE everyone is staying SAFE and all, have a good day!
    Post edited by strathkin on
    aYC8Lwf.png
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    For those of you new to carriers and might want starting advice take a look at...
    Thanks; this proved informative. A bit further out, aside from their hopefully following through on squadron forms of all existing fighter bays, I think a new secondary spec is in order, devoted to improving the effectiveness of hangar pets. An obvious name for it: CAG.
  • coldnapalmcoldnapalm Member Posts: 9,245 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    It'll probably be over a year before they come out of the 'New' Tab, where you will be able to use the 100% Coupon.

Whatever...I honestly don't need anymore ships and I barely play the game as it is. They seem hell bent on pissing me off...so until that changes, me having a new ship...or 4 won't matter anyways.
    edited August 2020
    strathkin wrote: »

Seems we Lucky to have received one. o:)

You mean the one in June? I was saving for the pilot ships but I can happily wait another year to get them the slow way.
    See I don't understand them removing the Keys. See the Cross Faction Command Dreadnought Cruiser Bundle, which contains:

T6 Buran Command Dreadnought Cruiser
    Qoj Command Dreadnought Cruiser
    5×Master Keys
    1×Fleet Ship Module

for 5,000 Zen (4,000 on 20% Sale)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    See I don't understand them removing the Keys. See the Cross Faction Command Dreadnought Cruiser Bundle, which contains:

T6 Buran Command Dreadnought Cruiser
    Qoj Command Dreadnought Cruiser
    5×Master Keys
    1×Fleet Ship Module

for 5,000 Zen (4,000 on 20% Sale)

I remember that bundle now that you cited it. I would've much rather had seen it include 2x FSMs than the 5x Master Keys myself, but that's just me probably. I'm weary of all the STO gambling efforts.
    Well, they really didn't want to break their streak, putting out an Announcement Blog that was correct and all that.

lol that is too accurate & too funny since so true.

I wonder if anyone has created a character named "Jube" or at least a ship name by now, the U.S.S. Jube.
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,131 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    The extra fleet mods and keys was the sweetener that was gonna make me get the whole bundle since I have 8k zen lying around from LTS. But since they decided that 5 bucks of something was TOO much of an error to absorb...yeah complete pass on the whole thing.

If they were a bit smarter about the whole marketing- and business-thing they would have just granted the keys and modules despite the original blog containing an error. I mean 5 keys per sold bundle is not exactly a major loss for them or anything.
  • keepcalmchiveonkeepcalmchiveon Member Posts: 1,964 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    The extra fleet mods and keys was the sweetener that was gonna make me get the whole bundle since I have 8k zen lying around from LTS. But since they decided that 5 bucks of something was TOO much of an error to absorb...yeah complete pass on the whole thing.

If they were a bit smarter about the whole marketing- and business-thing they would have just granted the keys and modules despite the original blog containing an error. I mean 5 keys per sold bundle is not exactly a major loss for them or anything.

true.

and i am still trying to garner details as to the playability/dps/etc for these. im still on the fence and in sorta the same boat as cold...albiet i am wanting a new ship....my older cat box is in need of some down time. :)
    meh

• pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 3,403 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    For those of you new to carriers and might want starting advice take a look at...
    Thanks; this proved informative. A bit further out, aside from their hopefully following through on squadron forms of all existing fighter bays, I think a new secondary spec is in order, devoted to improving the effectiveness of hangar pets. An obvious name for it: CAG.
    That would be great or even consoles that boost hanger pets. Why not tactical consoles that boost hanger pets damage instead of main weapons damage? The devs could even do an Eng, Sci, Tac consoles that all boost a different element of pets.
    That would be great or even consoles that boost hanger pets. Why not tactical consoles that boost hanger pets damage instead of main weapons damage? The devs could even do an Eng, Sci, Tac consoles that all boost a different element of pets.
    Wow, I actually love this idea. I don't know how well the engine supports it(engine stuff is off the table during the pandemic for security reasons), but boosting fighters through dedicated consoles could make for some interesting choices/trade-offs.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 893 Arc User

Great Idea!
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 2,922 Arc User
    The Altamid console on the lobi store does that, so yeah, the mechanics is there...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!