test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crew not allowed

midwayacemidwayace Member Posts: 146 Arc User
Risa is apparently not friendly towards your bridge crew. Nimbus let's them beam down and participate. Something is wrong that you can't bring your away team to a
ESD instance or a Risan beach. Heck you can't even wear your beachwear on the classic beach. I can't even share a round of drinks with my crew at club 602 at Starfleet Academy. The crew gets to get shot at and put in harm's way but can't enjoy a little R&R with their Captain. Something has to change.... Oh yeah where are the humans on Risa? I see everyone else but humans.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    there should be, even if it' instanced. the mechanics are already there to have a toast with your crew, just like in the tutorial
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    We already have a lot of DC's when instances are full, and now you want to double or even triple that?, well, not a good idea..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,455 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Well there are the general DOFF missions where you can send your DOFFs to Risa. Though I am with gaevsman on this one until the lag and rubberbanding are sorted out, it would be too much.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    call me odd, but why? so you can RP with your crew solo? i mean what interactions would you like to see?
    they dont have "go off and have fun," commands...

I'd guess either, so he can dress them in swimsuits, or so that he can show them off to other people.

But yeah - event/social zones want to keep their 'character bandwidth' for actual player characters & NPCs. If they added doffs, the instances would need to have less max actual players.

(also, what would happen with your away team when you get on a Flyer or Surfboard?)
  • mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Can't you just RP that they're off doing their own thing? After all, who wants to hang out with their boss on their vacation?
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    This if for the captains not the crew.

If you really cannot do without ask one of your fleet members to dress up as your science officer and come hang out. ;)
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    midwayace wrote: »
    Risa is apparently not friendly towards your bridge crew. Nimbus let's them beam down and participate. Something is wrong that you can't bring your away team to a
    ESD instance or a Risan beach. Heck you can't even wear your beachwear on the classic beach. I can't even share a round of drinks with my crew at club 602 at Starfleet Academy. The crew gets to get shot at and put in harm's way but can't enjoy a little R&R with their Captain. Something has to change.... Oh yeah where are the humans on Risa? I see everyone else but humans.

While some beach map with the crew for some crew bounding R&R would be nice the Risa summer event is not about that. I just assume (in my crews case anyway) they just beam down with and do their own thing immediately.

midwayace wrote: »
    . Heck you can't even wear your beachwear on the classic beach.

Huh?

screenshot-2020-08-20-19-42-50.jpg

kiralyn wrote: »
    call me odd, but why? so you can RP with your crew solo? i mean what interactions would you like to see?
    they dont have "go off and have fun," commands...

I'd guess either, so he can dress them in swimsuits, or so that he can show them off to other people.

But yeah - event/social zones want to keep their 'character bandwidth' for actual player characters & NPCs. If they added doffs, the instances would need to have less max actual players.

(also, what would happen with your away team when you get on a Flyer or Surfboard?)

While I'm sure a lot of boffs would look stunning in beachwear that would even be impossible if they would beam down on Risa considering the insane panic mode restrictions on beachwear and boffs only having access to uniforms.
This discussion has been closed.