test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cross Faction Support Carrier Bundle!

Comments

• voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    The caitian fighter squardions are, like with the atrox, locked to caitian carriers. This seems like a really stupid choice when the fighter squadrons of the other factions and mini-factions are completely universal. When you're deciding what to stay consistent with you should err on the side of player options not traditional, arbitrary restriction.
  • cunningstunt9001cunningstunt9001 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Special Introductory Pricing Discount! From August 20th at 8am PT (17:00 CEST) until August 24th at 10am PT (19:00 CEST) on PC, you can get these ships for 2400 ZEN each when purchased individually, or a bundle with all four ships, four Fleet Ship modules, and 5 Master Keys for the price of 8000 ZEN!

The Master Keys are missing from the C-Store. I know that 5 keys don't add up to much, considering how many keys a player is apt to need to eventually get, let's say a T6 lockbox ship, but still it was supposed to be in the Cross Faction Support Carrier bundle.

Extremely disappointed by this last-minute removal of the keys. For some, this might be the difference between buying the bundle or just buying an individual ship.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    The blog post announcing the Support Carrier Bundle erroneously advertised the bundle as containing five Master Keys. We apologize for any confusion caused.
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    dkeith2011 wrote: »
    I'd still like to know if the Jupiter will ever get the squadron treatment.

They said on the live stream that the pets from these carriers will work on 'any 2 hanger carrier,' which would include the Jupiter. Of course, in order to get access to those pets you would have to buy at least one of these carriers and if you had any of these carriers it would seem silly to use the Jupiter instead since it's absolutely terrible. :lol:

I love my Jupiter.

Maybe the question should be 'will all of the hanger pets get the squadron treatment?'
  • angronsweangronswe Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    The blog post announcing the Support Carrier Bundle erroneously advertised the bundle as containing five Master Keys. We apologize for any confusion caused.

Could we please get some clarification about what counts as a "Full Carrier"? I was about to get the pack but then told the new frigate pets won't work on the T'laru, Tzen-tar or the Universe Class.

Is this working as intended or is it a bug?
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

Thank you, ambassadorkael, for the quick response :)
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    angronswe wrote: »

Could we please get some clarification about what counts as a "Full Carrier"? I was about to get the pack but then told the new frigate pets won't work on the T'laru, Tzen-tar or the Universe Class.

I wonder if the Jupiter-class is qualified?
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Four new Support Carriers - with two new pet types each - are coming this week on all platforms, one for each faction!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11477183

So when are they coming for Console players? Tomorrow? The weekend? Not much time left "this week" for this to be released "on all platforms".
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    angronswe wrote: »

They said on the Live Stream yesterday that the pets would work on "any 2 hangar carrier." So I have to assume that's a bug.

Everything released in STO is always bugged on day one, if your main reason to buy is to get the pets for another ship.. definitely hold off until they at least confirm that it will be fixed.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    Four new Support Carriers - with two new pet types each - are coming this week on all platforms, one for each faction!

So when are they coming for Console players? Tomorrow? The weekend? Not much time left "this week" for this to be released "on all platforms".

The blog does not say on all platforms. First line reads ..... Starting August 20th on PC, and very soon on Console, four new Support Carriers are being made available in the C-Store.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User

NOT on all platforms. Jette's blog reads soon for console
  • aeieaeie Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I can confirm the fighters can be used on the 26th century Universe class ships (Valkis in my case).
    On another slightly different note, the fighters are not unique, so both slots can be set to use them, if you'd rather opt to using those instead of the frigates.
    eazzie wrote: »

The blog does not say on all platforms. First line reads ..... Starting August 20th on PC, and very soon on Console, four new Support Carriers are being made available in the C-Store.

Yes, how soon is "soon"? The original post of this thread by Kael (see the quote in my post) says "coming this week on all platforms". Guess I, as a console player, will have to wait and see.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    @ambassadorkael#6946 Kael, sorry, but the blog post error with the lockbox keys is not a normal "oppsie" but a very big cluster munch.

I didnt buy the bundle myself, but these constant error's are really starting to get tiresome. Whoever is providing you with the information to put into these blogs does need a serious kick up the butt. These internal communication errors are getting serious.

If you yourself caused this problem, then honesty Kael i am not sure what i can say. Other than i am extremely disappointed. You yourself said on a stream a while ago that you would work on these blog issues. I know there is still a panademic raging in the United States, but I think you guys really need to up your game.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I dream about the day when you will put the packages to sell at a discount at the beginning of the months, instead of random days, maybe one day you will understand that in the rest of the UNIVERSE the payment is monthly and not weekly ... seriously 4 "promotion" days the packages are very TRIBBLE with those who only receive them at the end of the month.
  • mjrkrakenmjrkraken Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Any chance of updating the old BoP carrier pets to be usable with the new KDF carrier? Seeing how its the t6 version of it/
    mjrkraken wrote: »
    Any chance of updating the old BoP carrier pets to be usable with the new KDF carrier? Seeing how its the t6 version of it/

I am thinking that's a bug since they did specifically say that the new carrier can launch BOP Pets.

I also hope it's a bug that the Jem'Hadar Carrier cannot use the Gunboats that work on all the other Vanguard ships. That's disappointing.
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I hate to be one/another one to TRIBBLE on your release. The stats look in-line with current ships, but on closer inspection, the squadron pets performance and hull hp are only the same as the normal version of the pet - looking closer, we can see that only the leading ship fires, the others just follow and looks mediocre when trying to appreciate it.

I was about to buy the romulan ship ra'nodaire, but as I was able to see the ship once others bought it, I could not appreciate the forward section. Its like the warbird's 'head/beak' has been chopped off. Its extremely ugly, just like the T'laru.

I'm still waiting on the D'deridex and Negh'var revamps before I spill my money pot. These two ships are way out of their league compared to the latest cstore ship updates/releases. This does not spell good news for the more purist trek players like myself.

Come on Cryptic you have to keep up!
  • uncharted2420uncharted2420 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Question 1: For those that have the Vo'Quv Carrier T5 and Caitian Atrox carrier T5, as in bought and paid for, do we get an option to upgrade to the T6 versions or no?

Given that these are far from the first T6 versions of older ships that have been released, and that they've never given free upgrades or even discounts to owners of the pre-T6 versions of ships, I'm not sure why you would even ask.

I'm not even sure why YOU would have a problem with what I asked. It was a simple question.
    I'm not looking to spend money on the same ship classes I already bought and unlock with this change only being that they're T6 variants. Maybe you like to spend your money willy-nilly on this game but some of us don't have the luxury or option to do that.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    well, the frigates were specifically intended to be used by any FULL carrier...the donnie is such a carrier, as is the DIS-7​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    I loaded up the pets on my Discovery D7 yesterday in a ISE. There was one of the new Jem carriers in there as well. Between the two of us, we lagged that instance and Borg into submission! :P It didn't even look like anything had moved but the 3 Cubes just exploded. Obviously, the flashing trays and such give an idea as to what was happening, but this really shows how little testing they did with the excess spam. At times, the instance looked a stop motion video with one frame rendered every 10 seconds.
    edited August 2020
    well, the frigates were specifically intended to be used by any FULL carrier...the donnie is such a carrier, as is the DIS-7​​

The Discoprise is a Flight Deck Carrier.

If you're ever confused.. the FDC is the good one. By current standards, a 'Full Carrier' is any ship with 2 hangar bays and only 6 weapons. A "Full Carrier" is literally just a gimped FDC.
    reyan01 wrote: »
    ugh interestingly my DSC Miracle Worker Constitution CAN use the Caitian FRIGATES but cannot use the Caitian sqaudron pets. So it may be fair to assume the Devs confused the two?

Caitian Stalkers are restricted to Caitian carriers, and apparently the squadrons are too... it's silly that they opted to continue that restriction (honestly, all ship restrictions are pointless) when the three other versions of the pets have no such restriction.
  • aeieaeie Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    The trait for the new carriers is also bugged, or at least inconsistent.
    The -5% for captain abilities applies a limited number of times then stops working all together or an ability that gets to 30 seconds left also completely stops reducing the cooldown, at least most of the time. It's very hit or miss, on getting the reduction for captain abilities, though to be fair it is possible this is a graphical display bug for the reduction.

On a slightly different note, it's actually amusing to see that Mokai raiders don't rank up either (while using Scramble Fighters trait).
    Any word from Cryptic on their preferred method of communication, social media, about what is going on with the Console release of these new carriers? They pulled the release on console at the last minute with no explanation or any indication on when they will be released, and they did this without posted on their own website. Since I do not use social media, I am wondering if any of you who do have seen anything about this.
    aeie wrote: »
    The trait for the new carriers is also bugged, or at least inconsistent.
    The -5% for captain abilities applies a limited number of times then stops working all together or an ability that gets to 30 seconds left also completely stops reducing the cooldown, at least most of the time. It's very hit or miss, on getting the reduction for captain abilities, though to be fair it is possible this is a graphical display bug for the reduction.

On a slightly different note, it's actually amusing to see that Mokai raiders don't rank up either (while using Scramble Fighters trait).

Neither of these are bugs.

Like Boff abilities, Captain abilities have a minimum cooldown past which you cannot reduce with abilities. Prior to this trait it was near impossible to hit that point with captain abilities, but very easy to hit it with boff abilities.

House Mokai Raiders do not have ranks - they launch in a more powerful state than normal hangar pets but are intended to die a glorious death quite rapidly (they self-damage over time) so that they can pass their benefit back to the carrier (they provide it with temporary hitpoints when they die, and they launch twice as fast as normal hangar pets).
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Any word from Cryptic on their preferred method of communication, social media, about what is going on with the Console release of these new carriers? They pulled the release on console at the last minute with no explanation or any indication on when they will be released...
    This is extremely bad form on general principles; never mind that whoever made that call would likely complain quite loudly were the proverbial shoe on the other foot. See also, foxman00's concerns above regarding the apparent lack of proofreading - like failure to communicate, such carelessness is hardly good for one's image.
    ...and they did this without posted on their own website. Since I do not use social media, I am wondering if any of you who do have seen anything about this.
    Indeed. Social media posts are meant to supplement website postings, not replace them.

Returning to the topic at hand...
    If you're ever confused.. the FDC is the good one. By current standards, a 'Full Carrier' is any ship with 2 hangar bays and only 6 weapons. A "Full Carrier" is literally just a gimped FDC.
    This actually ties in with another issue I've seen: that the squadrons are actually inferior in terms of health/damage than their single counterparts. Given that each 'unit' is a hextet of fighters, you'd expect them to have 6x the health and damage output (and 6x the attacks)... with the caveat that, like frigates, they can only be fielded on full carriers or, given that the Ytijara-class does launch frigates, dreadnoughts, because these two classes are alone in having the required hangar volume.
  • kingawakingawa Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    The caitian fighter squardions are, like with the atrox, locked to caitian carriers. This seems like a really stupid choice when the fighter squadrons of the other factions and mini-factions are completely universal. When you're deciding what to stay consistent with you should err on the side of player options not traditional, arbitrary restriction.

I completely agree with this, especially since the support frigate can go on "any full carrier"