test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ba'ul Sentry Ship, Sentry Mode Issues

ringswraithringswraith Member Posts: 1 Arc User
(I have already submitted this issue as a bug via the launcher. I was instructed by Support to also post it here; however, I had to wait 3 days for the "short" probationary period to expire before I could create a post.)

The Ba'ul Sentry Ship appears to (for lack of better explanation) stop *being* a ship while it is in Sentry Mode. Some things that won't happen while in Sentry Mode:

1. Cannot interact with anything (for example, collecting loot, or interacting with an object to progress ("Close the Rift" for example).
2. Cannot hail/be hailed by other ships. Which also completely blocks progress.

Now, the ship was advertised as something designed to control an area of space. Which I do get while in Sentry Mode. However, it makes no sense to me that if I happened to "set up shop" by a space station to defend it from enemy ships, that the station can't even hail me at all. So then I have to exit Sentry Mode, which immediately lets NPC's hail me, only to tell me "more enemy ships incoming!" and oh, now I have a two-minute cooldown on Sentry Mode.

I understand that this type of gameplay isn't for everyone, but I do love the ship/concept and I am hoping this will be remedied. We already have so many other ships with mode changes that function just fine (and don't have such a long cooldown)...

Thank you for your time.
Tagged:

Comments

• cyphexthekingcyphextheking Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Yeah, having same trouble. Doesnt matter if i use the mode on the specific vessel or just placed the console into an other ship.

it doesnt appear allways, but sometimes.. specially inside the patrols this may block to "complete" the entire mission-finishing..
    2ntadi4o8mmx.png
  • trump#6862 trump Member Posts: 2 New User
    Just a heads up guys. Chancellor Mogh and Hov'wI both along with myself have all encountered the same problem. All three have sent in a query to the Dev team. It has something to do with the way they designed the skill parent of the Sentry, or should I say; they way they failed to Parent abilities to the ship. It won't take much for them to fix, just need enough poking from the community about the ability tree: Picking up 'Drops, Communicating; (etc. etc)'. In the meantime, the Ba'ul is DEFINITELY a badass ship in the top 3 of all time ships since '09. Good job on the design, ability and overall performance. She could use a little bit better TR because she is a Science class vessel after all. (hint, hint)
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Issues:
    1. Inability to interact with mission prompts, loot prompts, etc, when in sentry mode.

2. Sometimes get stuck in sentry mode and cannot exit...if this happens you need to disconnect. Normally the icon countdown is reuse countdown between uses and cannot click icon to launch sentry again until reuse timer runs out. However, at least twice I have had issue where the re-use timer starts while I am still in sentry mode. Since same button is needed to exit sentry mode, this means I cannot exit sentry mode.

3. Design/useability issue...cannot rotate within sentry mode, so a science character with targetable powers (gravity well, tychens, etc) cannot use them unless enemy happens to fly in front of the ship arc that is considered front of ship when in sentry mode. IMO, you should have 360 targetting when in sentry mode (since cannot rotate ship in sentry mode).

It is possible that there is 360 targetting of beam weapons in sentry mode since all the remote pylons can fire, but non-beam weapons and powers (torpedoes, gravity well, etc) only work if enemy flies in front of whichever direction is considered to be the front of the "sentry mode ship". Technically the ship pivots and looks straight up when in sentry mode, so whatever direction the ship was pointed at before should not matter (but it does for non-beam stuff).
    Post edited by wraithmeister on
    Technically the ship pivots and looks straight up when in sentry mode

This just Appears on the Sentryship itself, because it "playes" a morphing sequence like a transformation..

I using the Specific console on my Vanguard Warship (but also noticed on other Ships aswell) that they are NOT pivoting strait up...

so my ship stay in that direction as i started the mode from the console...

My Beam Weapon arcs from Front and Aft Slot stay the same.. But like you mentioned, the 10 Ba'ul Ships around you, do "reflect" your Beams in all other Directions..

And yeah, i´ve seen even my front-mounted Torps can do a turn and flying to enemies behind me..

Thats nice, hope they keep that...

Overall, it seems, since last patch, the main problems are gone, or at least less happening than before..

2ntadi4o8mmx.png
    Little addition:

The "locked in Sentry-mode" - issue still happens sometimes..

So it seems, this bug is atm not overall fixed..

Beside this, i noticed that the Patchnotes of the couple last weeks or months appear to be much smaller since middle of june or so..

I know this might be a subject for seperate Forum-Thread..

But just want to mention;
    Pre-june, the Patchnotes were "big".. There were many "points" that were noted for that specific patch. And there was a list of the "known bugs"...

But since middle of june, the Patchnotes are so rudimentaric.. Often just 3-4 entries, and no longer the "known" section..

What happens to the Devs that their notes going to be smaller and smaller.. ?

And yeah, for a german or european player it is even more hard, that they stopped to translate for the german Website..

So the both german Community-Mods just put the "web-link" to the english Patchnotes and blog-entries in the german forum..

So as a german, you not just even miss the german translation, you even get less informations, because the size of the Notes decreases aswell..

Customer service looks way different.. Just to note that..

Anyways.. I still just hope, they fix the Sentry-Mode-Bugs asap..
    2ntadi4o8mmx.png
  • aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    (I have already submitted this issue as a bug via the launcher. I was instructed by Support to also post it here; however, I had to wait 3 days for the "short" probationary period to expire before I could create a post.)

The Ba'ul Sentry Ship appears to (for lack of better explanation) stop *being* a ship while it is in Sentry Mode. Some things that won't happen while in Sentry Mode:

1. Cannot interact with anything (for example, collecting loot, or interacting with an object to progress ("Close the Rift" for example).
    2. Cannot hail/be hailed by other ships. Which also completely blocks progress.

Now, the ship was advertised as something designed to control an area of space. Which I do get while in Sentry Mode. However, it makes no sense to me that if I happened to "set up shop" by a space station to defend it from enemy ships, that the station can't even hail me at all. So then I have to exit Sentry Mode, which immediately lets NPC's hail me, only to tell me "more enemy ships incoming!" and oh, now I have a two-minute cooldown on Sentry Mode.

I understand that this type of gameplay isn't for everyone, but I do love the ship/concept and I am hoping this will be remedied. We already have so many other ships with mode changes that function just fine (and don't have such a long cooldown)...

Thank you for your time.

Same issues for my sentry too.