please give us: Romulan kerchan Class Battleship

cupcakenukecupcakenuke Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Hey Devs,

Can we have the Romulan Kerchan class battleship? PREEETTYY PLLEAASSSEEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_1OHSDapFQ
Tagged:

Comments

• majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Hasn't this been asked for before? I could have sworn its been asked for in other threads.
    ~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
    Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator
  • cupcakenukecupcakenuke Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    If we ask enough, maybe they will give it. But I would 10/10 get this one
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Is that a fan film? If so it'll never happen.

Just to clarify, Cryptic cannot legally use items from non-lincensed works, not only would they loose their license, it's high likely CBS would sue them and it would be pretty much impossible suit for Cryptic to win.

Even other licensed works outside of the series and movies are unlikely due to problems with copyright, so fanworks are an absolute 100% no-go, only way it would be even remotely possible if CBS brought said work under their license but that's highly unlikely to happen.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »

Just to clarify, Cryptic cannot legally use items from non-lincensed works, not only would they loose their license, it's high likely CBS would sue them and it would be pretty much impossible suit for Cryptic to win.

Even other licensed works outside of the series and movies are unlikely due to problems with copyright, so fanworks are an absolute 100% no-go, only way it would be even remotely possible if CBS brought said work under their license but that's highly unlikely to happen.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    It's a nice ship...but pretty sure there will be IP issues with them using it.

Which is why I asked the question initially. I've seen that long necked turkey before in this forum and the same explanation (probably provided by you fine folks) as to why it was not happening applied even then. Not saying the OP and other folks can't dream, but that's probably all it will be.
    ~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
    Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »

coldnapalm wrote: »
    It's a nice ship...but pretty sure there will be IP issues with them using it.

Which is why I asked the question initially. I've seen that long necked turkey before in this forum and the same explanation (probably provided by you fine folks) as to why it was not happening applied even then. Not saying the OP and other folks can't dream, but that's probably all it will be.

Sure they can dream but they also must understand that Cryptic will not break the copyright laws just to get their favorite fan creation into the game, so "It would be nice if we could get this ship in-game, but it's probably not gonna happen" is fine but being angry about them not including fan designs (regardless of the quality of said fan designs) is not fine, nor is pestering devs about it.
  • feralaffferalaff Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Well, they can always take inspiration and make a model with a general similar appearance.
    Kerchan was clearly inspired by D'deridex. So from those basis is quite easy to make a similar vessel...let's look at our D'khellra, Aelahl for example
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Unless I'm mistaken, both the Vesta and Odyssey were unlicensed designs that Cryptic managed to acquire, so whilst there may be some legal elements they'd need to overcome, to make the claim that it's impossible or 100% wont happen is simply not true.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • irishhawkdrakeirishhawkdrake Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    flash525 wrote: »
    Unless I'm mistaken, both the Vesta and Odyssey were unlicensed designs that Cryptic managed to acquire, so whilst there may be some legal elements they'd need to overcome, to make the claim that it's impossible or 100% wont happen is simply not true.
    Yeah it can be done if the interest is high enough, like with the Vesta. The Odyssey was theirs
    from the get go as it was the product of a write-in contest.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    back to the netherworld with ye zombieness /necro
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.