test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

On my Way to the Fleet Research Lab and...

bonzaibob22bonzaibob22 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
After having frequented the Fleet Research Lab quite a bit over the last two weeks I have noticed that you are put in space and have to beam down to the Lab itself. I now ask why is this? Why can't we be just be beamed to the Research Lab proper and do away with one extra Server transition. Since there are no space encounters in the Research Lab sector space, what's the point? It saves the players from having just one more server timeout , some time and effort having to complete transitioning and STO from having to maintain one more area that is, IMO, needless.

Comments

• bonzaibob22bonzaibob22 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Yet the only one that really may need that is the Fleet Starbase and K13 for completing jobs. None of the other Fleet locations have a need for going to space. With the problems of timeouts I think this would be a good help since having to get to a current fleet location requires at least 2 transitions.
  • bonzaibob22bonzaibob22 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Agreed. Even if they do FIX that then I still like your idea. there are times when I have limited time to play and having to wait for back to back area loads adds up. Simply put, it would really streamline things.
  • darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    Actually - let me correct myself - all the holdings except the Embassy have that.

I do agree that perhaps there should be an option to bypass it (maybe the entry button from sector space split into two buttons?). But if the timeouts, etc. are the reasoning, maybe we should actually FIX that rather than applying a workaround?
    Agree 100%
    I don't get it either. It's a waste of time.