test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Maintenance 08/18 .... Patch notes?

eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,995 Arc User
Any chance there are patch notes to the maintenance dated 08/18. Or is is back end stuff just going on?

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Uh... the 18th? Shouldn't patch day be on the 20th, the usual Thrusday?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    I was wondering that myself, patch day's usually on Thursday unless something broke.....and I don't mean Quarks Bank Account either.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,995 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    rattler2 wrote: »

I'm thinking as it is also slightly extended,(an extra 2 hours), it is just back end stuff, maybe to address lag and rubber banding issues.

Also it may have something to do with ARC.
    westmetals wrote: »
    Actually it's extended by three hours beyond the "standard"... starting two hours early AND ending one hour later.

It does :) You are correct. Only focused on start time.
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited August 2020

Bug fixes are on Thursdays. New feature content drops are always on Tuesdays.
    It’s been like that for 10 years. We just had a Tuesday drop on the 4th for Risa.
    This update will include the new carriers. However they won't be "live" until Thursday.
    Basically, it preps the game for the live push. Any last minute problems can patched again on Thurs, if necessary.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    phoenix841 wrote: »

It’s been like that for 10 years. We just had a Tuesday drop on the 4th for Risa.
    This update will include the new carriers. However they won't be "live" until Thursday.
    Basically, it preps the game for the live push. Any last minute problems can patched again on Thurs, if necessary.

This is all stuff we know, thanks.

The launcher states that we have 5 hrs of downtime on the 18th. This information isn't posted anywhere else including any of their social media sites.

It also says check the forums for information and of course.. there is none.

So as usual with this 3rd rate studio, we'll all just guess. If the server goes down this morning, we'll know that the launcher was right. Cryptic continues to live up to their name.
    Insert witty signature line here.

The launcher states that we have 5 hrs of downtime on the 18th. This information isn't posted anywhere else including any of their social media sites.

So as usual with this 3rd rate studio, we'll all just guess. If the server goes down this morning, we'll know that the launcher was right. Cryptic continues to live up to their name.

Might get patch notes after the effect, as we have in the past
  • mooney#3365 mooney Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Thank you! I knew Iread something yesterday but can find no details about the patch or how long the server is down... Not on Twitter or their forum just this thread..

• nervzero#9194 nervzero Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Maybe they are finally fixing the broken romulan mission where you have to find that commander guy to get the special duty officer... maybe? Or maybe they are giving us all FREE ZEN... Umm... you never know.... Its likely not any of those... But i can be hopeful... But it is a 5 hour fix 5 -10 so it must be large whatever they are doing...
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Mmmm, yeah. It's about 7:30 PDT right now, so another three hours.

I guess I'll have to break out Starfleet Command to get my ST fix, so I don't go into withdrawal,,,
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,438 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Yeah I noticed this yesterday too. If there are no patch notes at 12 PM EST today then I will assume it was just a server maintenance.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    I assume nothing, For me its took it down strictly to reboot said server with 0 maintenance. Strictly to interrupt our gameplay :).
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,438 Arc User
    maybe they will correct the spelling of festval to festival.

Or the Lohlunat misspelling as well. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • horgahnhorgahn Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    The correct spelling is Lolwut?

Did the patch notes guy get the covid or something? Or, did Cryptic axe their social media people again?
    Go Team Venture!
    Wʬ  g+  f  t

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kirstieinkirstiein Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    My other game I play pwi also is down during this time frame, but was bought down an hour earlier, which really sucks, cause I got nothing to do. I am assuming that it is back end stuff because both games are down at the same time, which only happens when it is back end stuff.
    Helping people is my passion in life. If I see someone without a smile I try to give them mine. :)
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    kirstiein wrote: »
    My other game I play pwi also is down during this time frame, but was bought down an hour earlier, which really sucks, cause I got nothing to do. I am assuming that it is back end stuff because both games are down at the same time, which only happens when it is back end stuff.

https://www.gog.com/game/star_trek_25th_anniversary
    https://www.gog.com/game/star_trek_judgment_rites

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    horgahn wrote: »
    The correct spelling is Lolwut?

Did the patch notes guy get the covid or something? Or, did Cryptic axe their social media people again?

The latter has a way much higher chance of happening. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    They probably posted it to facebook and twitter and skipped theirr main news source on the ARC site preventing the rest of us seeing it.
  • nervzero#9194 nervzero Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    They probably posted it to facebook and twitter and skipped theirr main news source on the ARC site preventing the rest of us seeing it.

I hate social media sites... So unless they post it in the forum i will never know about it... and and... Their message says to check the forum...

No nothing on Social Media. But we are back up and running guys.
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User

If you'll notice, I wasn't replying to you. I was replying to someone who didn't seem to know that information.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • stlheestlhee Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Probably not some back end story, lags still be there.
    Maybe they will extend summer event.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator

I've been playing for almost that long. And normal patch day is Thursday. Its MAJOR content drops, like expansions, some major events, and story content, that come on Tuesdays. Smaller ones, like c-store ships, generally still fall on normal Thursdays.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    @darkbladejk @wingedhussar#7584 Please close as it seems this thread is going in circles.

Cheers :smiley:
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,713 Community Moderator
    closed at request of op
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.