test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So, Cryptic? What should I steal from you folks, since you're advocating stealing? (Voth Battlezone)

tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
Said this before, and I'll say it again now, the Voth battlezone needs to be adjusted to award command credits based on how much someone did, rather than the current method of running around gathering them up. The main pastime of the battlezone right now is running into a section that's about to complete and stealing the command credits from the one who actually did the work. And by doing nothing, you advocate this practice.

Comments

• Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    No need to get worried about battle credit there is a simple solution to this. The middle territory on the city side once its captured it will begin to spawn voth at about 3 every 3 seconds and does so the entire time that allies own that central part. Which is one of the things most people don't know about the map but its also a good place for people trying to get their missions completed for the maximum possible amount of voth killed which my total highest from that spot is 114 over 5 minutes. Basically its a way to also get battle credit every time you kill the voth there so you don't have to do it long before you have stacks upon stacks of it and then after that what you can do is go behind the people capping territories and fill up the reinforcements there so you are also getting credit/dyson marks for keeping the voth from over taking that central city part.

The biggest problem however is that although its nice how much easier it is with ground compared to when it first came out you have players who have made jem hadar engineers that just drop mines at the spawn part and then go afk. So they will completely ruin it for everyone else though the way they changed the admiralty I am getting 80k-90k dilithium there after the bonus has been used up. When I am able to do considerable damage to all three V-Rex's after converting the marks and voth implants into dilithium with that admiralty booster/buff or whatever its 20k dilithium for one run. So when players just instantly kill it like that they are ruining it for people who have been playing the game as its designed but that is the bigger issue.

Hope this helps but no one is stealing its just over time things get out of balance and old designs need change in order to adapt to the rest of the game catching up with it. Odds are though with the real problem this battlezone has the only thing to really expect is possibly they increase the health substantially to all the V-Rex's so they don't have to nerf any kit powers or anything to make it balanced like it was when it was released.
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    Yes, thank you for posting about that, I'm sure the next patch (possibly the one today even?) is going to remove that since it works in our favor.

And yes, it IS a matter of stealing. If a point is 2/3 or 4/5 of the way done, and you run into it just in time for the 'final moment' when it switches over, and get 20 of the 30 battle credits, I'm sorry to say, but YES, that IS STEALING from the one who stood on the point the ENTIRE FRICKING TIME and only got 5-10 for it. The other battlezones don't use battle credits, and only reward based on time you were there and participating. It's a far more fair system, you can't run on and steal rewards from others that way.​​