test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ship Bundle Cosmetics

fyrehart1997#0580 fyrehart1997 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
I don't know if this is the correct place to put a discussion like this, but I find this aspect of the game frustrating and needlessly more expensive than it needs to be. Why do I need to buy three variants of a ship to unlock the ship tailor cosmetics? I understand that a bundle of say, the three Romulan Pilot Warbirds is a good price. But I only want one. Why do I need to buy all three for the cosmetics? I'm not asking for two free ships here, I'm asking for the cosmetics in the ship tailor. I already bought one, I shouldn't have to buy all three of them to be able to customise one of them with all threes parts. Like, please give us an option to pay a thousand or two zen to have access to the cosmetics. Not the three ships in the bundle. I mean, let someone who bought one of the ships purchase a discount cosmetic set for the bundle that only include account wide access to the three ship cosmetics. Again, not the three ships, just the parts. I don't really know how else to describe it than that 🤷‍♀️
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Heh. That's the point with the three-packs, if you want maximum Space Barbie you gotta pay up. I don't think I've ever used all three space frame variants of a three pack any longer than it took to level their traits up, with usually the Tac style variants being the ones I actually flew, with Sci only occasionally and Eng very rarely (only the T6 Scimitar line I'd consider the Eng one as being at least top two.)
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    People also get the console set and traits.

If Cryptic offered discounts there would be people who want just consoles, just traits, just cosmetics. They'd need to offer 7 combinations of sets. A = console set, B = trait set, C = cosmetic set; (Full bundle) + (A, B, C, AB, AC, BC).

They could get by with just 3 "discount add-on packs" (the A,B,C choices) but people would complain about not getting an "extra discount" for buying 2 of the 3 add-ons.

• Options
    fyrehart1997#0580 fyrehart1997 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    The thing is, those consoles etc. Provide in game advantages. The cosmetics are just that - cosmetic. I feel like if any of those things should be discounted for someone who's already bought one of the ships. It literally doesn't have to affect any other players like one of those traits or whatever 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    The thing is, those consoles etc. Provide in game advantages. The cosmetics are just that - cosmetic. I feel like if any of those things should be discounted for someone who's already bought one of the ships. It literally doesn't have to affect any other players like one of those traits or whatever 🤷‍♀️

The game is 99% PVE not PVP so affecting other players doesn't matter.

Player A: "I just want the console set, why do I have to buy 2 extra ships? Can't I get the 2 extra consoles at a discount?"

Player B: " ... the traits ... "

Player C & you: " ... the skins ..."

Space Barbie is the real endgame, so the skins are the most valuable of the 3 for many players.

People spend $180 on the exchange or open 100+ R&D / Doff packs to get the T6 Connie skin, not to get the ship stats or trait.

I'm not disagreeing with it being nice if Cryptic would do this. It's just that it would complicate things for them (3-7 additional items, confusion over which ones to buy, people getting upset after buying the wrong one) and it would probably lose them money. Right now many people who do want more than one of the consoles, traits, skins give in and buy the bundle.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Sorry sweetie...but you are mistaken. With this playerbase, cosmetics is what really matters...no so much the consoles or stats. You wanna look pretty...pony up.

Wait!!... there is OTHER things BESIDES space barbie??.. noooooo!, really?? :lol:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    [...]
    I'm not disagreeing with it being nice if Cryptic would do this. It's just that it would complicate things for them (3-7 additional items, confusion over which ones to buy, people getting upset after buying the wrong one) and it would probably lose them money. Right now many people who do want more than one of the consoles, traits, skins give in and buy the bundle.

It would be nice, and might be more feasible now that they have a dedicated UI person.
This discussion has been closed.