test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cross Faction Support Carrier Bundle!

Comments

• thecrimsonrevengerthecrimsonrevenger Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I guess i'm the only one nerd enough to be angsting about whether or not they'll have at bare minimal the default bridges and crew decks.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Sigh, of course they will lack a secondary deflector, I do wish they could've at least gave the fleet version 4 tac console slots to give it a little more power since it's only got 3/3 weapons and supports cannons.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    Love that Caitian ship. Hey Cryptic, just want to let you know just before you introduce the ships you accidently typoed a \ after the ! I do that alot when trying to hit enter too soon xD
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Love that Caitian ship. Hey Cryptic, just want to let you know just before you introduce the ships you accidently typoed a \ after the ! I do that alot when trying to hit enter too soon xD

I have the T5 kitty carrier and to be honest i am not too find of the T6 carrier looks. To each their own i guess.

The new fighters and mechanics look mildly interesting, but i don't think it will result in a purchase from my end even though i have a 50% coupon.

The Kitty and Dominion carriers should get MES build in since the Rom and KDF get cloak.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Glad everyone likes them.. though I'll say I am surprised.

They aren't terrible, but I am not impressed overall. They still have only 6 weapons, and they get nothing in exchange for that trade. They are still inferior to Flight Deck Carriers that have 2 hangar bays and maintain all their weapon hard points. They're 'science carriers' but they don't even get a secondary deflector as a trade off for the lack of hard points. Even as 'Science' carriers, the fleet version adds one.. engineering console slot. If it had the secondary and the fleet console gave you 5 science slots, you could make a pretty nice Science Carrier.

Overall, this is really going to depend on the effectiveness of the Hangar Pets. Those pets are going to have to be really strong in order to make up for these ships short comings compared to even a C-Store FDC like the Cardassian Ghemor.

The other disappointment, and a surprise to me is the copy/paste stats.. there is no difference between any of them outside of cosmetics. This will leave most people to just buying the Jem Hadar version or the Romulan Version since they each have something special (battle cloak or Wingmen) and can be used by any character. The Fed and KDF versions are going to be limited to people that must have a Caitian ship or love the Vo'Quv class. They could have done more to entice people to buy the bundle if the ships were unique. Throwing in the one shot items like Master Keys just isn't going to be enough to sell most people.

Overall, not awful.. I do like the BoFF seating, and they look great.. but I won't consider a buy unless the pets prove to be among the best in the game. Otherwise, they're just as gimped out as the current crop of 'full carriers.'

Disappointing indeed.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I guess i'm the only one nerd enough to be angsting about whether or not they'll have at bare minimal the default bridges and crew decks.

No, I had given it thought as I'm sure others too.

I'm almost positive Cryptic will just give them generic bridges, the JH will have the JH bridge probably so that is sort of better.

I've been thinking, especially for ship packs, but maybe for older ship sales too Cryptic could utilize the free-select ship token process & just make/add free-select ship bridge tokens to use in the C-Store so when new ships being released without a special bridge a player could then choose 1 free bridge, albeit an older 1, of their choice for their new ship they bought from the current lengthy list of C-Store bridges. I doubt the old ship bridges sell a lot so the cosmetic fluff could be used as an incentive. To me I'd value something like even an older free bridge for my new ship compared to 5 Master Keys since I'm going to lose 99.97% of the time.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I was expecting the cross-faction carriers to released in conjunction with next phase of the Klingon Civil War after the Summer Event.

This is a surprise.
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

I have the T5 kitty carrier and to be honest i am not too find of the T6 carrier looks. To each their own i guess.

The new fighters and mechanics look mildly interesting, but i don't think it will result in a purchase from my end even though i have a 50% coupon.

The Kitty and Dominion carriers should get MES build in since the Rom and KDF get cloak.

I agree there fully, not sure it's going to get me out of my vesta class, but it's still pretty to look at, though I wouldn't mind trying out the Jem'hedar one but mnot if I have to buy a whole pack.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,932 Arc User
    That Jem'Hadar ship looks like it's taken a few visual construction cues from the Klingons.
    And it's great to finally see a T6 version of the Vo'quv finally coming to STO.
    I just wish I could afford them...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    Maybe give the Caitian carrier dark mode to spice it up as it lacks a cloak?
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    ZEFilms providing some beauty shots

https://youtu.be/Wy4ikUQ8gTc
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Glad everyone likes them.. though I'll say I am surprised.

They aren't terrible, but I am not impressed overall. They still have only 6 weapons, and they get nothing in exchange for that trade. They are still inferior to Flight Deck Carriers that have 2 hangar bays and maintain all their weapon hard points. They're 'science carriers' but they don't even get a secondary deflector as a trade off for the lack of hard points. Even as 'Science' carriers, the fleet version adds one.. engineering console slot. If it had the secondary and the fleet console gave you 5 science slots, you could make a pretty nice Science Carrier.

Overall, this is really going to depend on the effectiveness of the Hangar Pets. Those pets are going to have to be really strong in order to make up for these ships short comings compared to even a C-Store FDC like the Cardassian Ghemor.

The other disappointment, and a surprise to me is the copy/paste stats.. there is no difference between any of them outside of cosmetics. This will leave most people to just buying the Jem Hadar version or the Romulan Version since they each have something special (battle cloak or Wingmen) and can be used by any character. The Fed and KDF versions are going to be limited to people that must have a Caitian ship or love the Vo'Quv class. They could have done more to entice people to buy the bundle if the ships were unique. Throwing in the one shot items like Master Keys just isn't going to be enough to sell most people.

Overall, not awful.. I do like the BoFF seating, and they look great.. but I won't consider a buy unless the pets prove to be among the best in the game. Otherwise, they're just as gimped out as the current crop of 'full carriers.'

Disappointing indeed.

I think you are missing the power of space barbie.

And that's actually a fair point.

They're still 'good enough' that you can build them to clear a map relatively quickly, so perhaps people will just say 'good enough' and go for the looks.

I actually might with the Romulan one.. it's no powerhouse but heck.. it's an actual Romulan ship.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • starshine#7408 starshine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    They're big enough to use the frigates from the Styx?
    TOS>LDS>DSC>VOY>DS9>PRO>ENT>TNG>PIC

Bring the Enterprise XCV-330 to STO
  • feralaffferalaff Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Good Job! i love them!
    i like the design of all the ships, they're all very beautiful and close to "each faction style".
    considering carriers and flight deck cruisers...maybe carriers should have an extra hangar for fighters only, mimicking air cover.
    I am very happy especially for the romulan carrier: beautiful and with malem frigates. great!
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Got to say Im pretty impressed with these, the designs look nice and well thought out. The boff layouts are great and give nice flexablity. The new squadons idea I think is a great way to separate full carriers from others. Only thing I dislike is that there is fleet versions, considering the size of the bundle id have liked for the ships to just be at default fleet level.

The discount could be longer duration as well. But over all you get a 8/10 on this batch of ships guys good work. Very glad to see carriers getting some love. Will pick these up on the next big ship sale.
    I think the Jem one would look even better if the front was a bit longer.
  • oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    They're big enough to use the frigates from the Styx?

frigates from the Styx, are exclusive to Styx...
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    That Jem'Hadar ship looks like it's taken a few visual construction cues from the Klingons.
    And it's great to finally see a T6 version of the Vo'quv finally coming to STO.
    I just wish I could afford them...

Well if you have patience, with your T6 free token, you can buy it when is no longer in the NEW section.. it will take months thou..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    If/when the Scimitar gets a Legendary version, I hope it gets:

Hangar Bay loaded with Scorpion Fighter Squadron

To be honest, having watched Nemesis, I was expecting the Scimitars in STO to have two hangers rather than just the one. The number of Scorpion fighters compared the typical compliment of mostly non-combat ready shuttles used by Starfleet, it should be have more fighters out in combat rather than just sitting around for enterprising Starfleet captains to use as an excape pod....

This feature that the Support Carrier has would help the Scimitar live up to it's potential.
    We also need a legendary d'deridex.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

the back side of the carrier is very odd to me and that is what gets me feeling odd about it. the other angles are fine. wish we could get more pics, angles, and vids of them soon.

The sharp edges are what puts me off on the design.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • kirstieinkirstiein Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    Will you be able to purchase the new hanger pets, if you dont buy the ship? Or will you only be able to get the new hanger pets if you buy each ship that has each pet? Every one of my 6 chars, with exception of 1 has a carrier, I like the ships I got, but would be nice to have the new hanger pets for them.
    Helping people is my passion in life. If I see someone without a smile I try to give them mine. :)
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    1 Commander seat & 3 Lieutenant Commander seats

I said carriers needed a gimmick to compete with all these 2 hanger cruisers. I guess having all LC/Com bridge officer posts like the T6 Temporal Connie is something. Just not sure its enough? Maybe a Secondary Deflector too?

I do like the idea of the fighter squadrons. Makes it feel like the carrier actually carries a lot of fighters. I'd probably have made them Carrier only too. Leave the non-squadron hangers to the 1 hanger ships.

I hope the frigate pets are sturdy since you've put all your hanger into launching 1-2 ships.
    Did the pet AI get an upgrade too? That can be hit or miss many times. Even the best hanger pet does 0 damage when its 30km away taking a nap.

Seem very slow in turning. :( I don't care how awesome you make a ship, if it can't turn in a decent amount of time that's going to make it get old real fast.

It's been a long time since I had any interest in buying a ship. (I loathe Discovery and everything Kurtzman-Trek) There's a >0% chance might get these.
    Post edited by duasyn on
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    KDF Carrier gets a cloak, Hull Strength: 1.45, Shield Modifier: 1.2
    ROM Carrier gets a battle cloak, Hull Strength: 1.4, Shield Modifier: 1.25
    JH Carrier gets Wingmen, Hull Strength: 1.25, Shield Modifier: 1.3
    Caitian Carrier gets nothing, Hull Strength: 1.4, Shield Modifier: 1.25

So the Caitian Carrier, that gets no special thing, doesn't even get the best hull/shields or a bit more inertia? That seems wrong.
    IMO, since they are cats, you'd think they'd want a bit more agility on their ship. :D
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    istalon1 wrote: »
    I'd say, slap a secondary Deflector on the Aspero for this one, but think of a tiny little extra mechanic to make some Federation ships stick out? I can't think of any common Federation special technology from the series, but maybe Federation engineers came up with something in the 20 years since Nemesis...
    One possibility would be a built-in passive that's a version of the repair nanites that are the full-set bonus from Desperate Defenses, or the field from the Protomatter Field Projector...
    The Dominion ship would even be good for Romulan captains since it looks almost as much Romulan as Dominion in a general sort of way.
    I imagine applying one of the New Romulus shields (or the one from 'Coliseum') to the vanity slot would help greatly there. Shame there isn't a way to make carried craft inherit shield visuals...
  • mikeblackwolfmikeblackwolf Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    This I am HYPED for, time to grind up some ore to replace my current fleet pets
    that KDF ship is sexy