test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Time-Travel to the Past Is used Too Much!!!

ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
Hay I am hearing Rumors about a cretin Gangster Star Trek Movie in the works from a cretin Pulp Fiction Director we all know and Love and I think personally it might work but Time Travel to the Past as been Don So much on Star Trek it became a Really Bad Meme and here is why! we know that fans of the Original Series love a Episode called Star Trek TOS S01E28 The City on the Edge of Forever and some also saying Star Trek IV one of the Best Star Trek movies of all time all because they involved Time travel but that because it was used so much it was used vary little there was only like 4 times TOS used Time Travel that includes The Voyage Home and TNG as well but in Enterprise they used SO much it actually what killed the Series because they used it all through out the Second season of the show. It only got a 4th Season because of Fans helped it but that's it and the 4th was its Strongest and if they did not made Time Travel in Second Season as the main focus it could done 7 years longer and given us the Romulan War as well. I think we should avoid time travel if possible but we know how this Director works so who knows it might actually be good but Remember this is not Back to the future this is Star Trek and its "Space the Final Frontier these are the Voyages of the Starship Enterprise its Continuing mission to explore Strange New Worlds Seek out new Civilizations to bodily go Where No One as Gone BEFORE!!!"
May the Shwartz Be With You
CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Hate to say it again, but... formatting please? Wall of text is hard to read.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    Ryu, English may not be your primary language, but I suggest reading a copy of, say, Strunk & White's The Elements of Style. It will help you with both punctuation and getting an idea of how paragraphs work.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about this "Quentin Tarantino Trek" thing. It's been in the rumor mill since before Star Trek Beyond came out, and as far as I can tell is based entirely on Tarantino's own fantasies of what he'd like to write (which frankly isn't Star Trek, in either setting or character, so I don't know why he'd even insist on the label except possibly as a marketing gimmick).
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    We're talking about Tarentino's Trek idea?
    Huh... I don't even know squat about his idea other than he has one, and he'd want it rated R... I think.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    We're talking about Tarentino's Trek idea?
    Huh... I don't even know squat about his idea other than he has one, and he'd want it rated R... I think.
    In a recent interview, he said that it wouldn't involve the main characters, and that it would be set primarily or entirely in the US of the 1930s. So basically no stars, no trek, and no beloved Kirk or Picard. He apparently wants Paramount to fund his gangster movie and slap a Trek label on it to get the fans in.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    Uh... wut? How would it be a Star Trek movie if its set entirely in the 1930s? I mean if there was some kind of temporal manipulation centered around the 1930s I suppose Starfleet would try to counter it, but... um... I'm drawing a blank right now.
    Best I can tell, Tarantino doesn't actually want to write a Star Trek movie, he wants to write a Tarantino movie and then ride the IP's coattails by putting the franchise name on a non-franchise movie. No mention of Trek at all.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    Which absolutely makes no sense. If he wants to do a Trek movie, do a Trek movie. Not a gangster or war movie that has nothing to do with Trek and say its Trek.
    Now maybe if it was moved up to WW3 and the Eugenics Wars... then MAYBE I can understand. But other than that...
  • ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
    It is the Most Stupid Idea EVER!!! Its Not Star Trek if its just set in the 1930s and no Starships or anyone from the Cast from the franchise is in!!!
    May the Shwartz Be With You
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    It would almost make sense if it was set on Sigma Iota II like some of the early fan speculation guessed (which apparently it isn't), but to be interesting to science fiction fans it needs more than just the gangster angle even if it was set there instead of 1930s Earth.
    Huh... didn't think about the that planet. Although I think they were influenced by the 1920s... *shrug* Still... Slapping Star Trek on a gangster movie does not make it a Star Trek movie.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    If Star Trek ever has a series set in the 20th or 21st Century, then it should involve Gary Seven, the Eugenics War, and/or World War 3.
    starkaos wrote: »
    If Star Trek ever has a series set in the 20th or 21st Century, then it should involve Gary Seven, the Eugenics War, and/or World War 3.

I wouldn't mind a movie or series continuation of the Gary Seven spinoff pilot, but I doubt it would ever happen since it is a TOS thing that would have fans of the later series who have not seen much (if any) TOS wondering what it is and why they called it Star Trek.

I would not be at all surprised to find that Kurtzman never saw (or even heard of) "Assignment Earth" or the characters Gary Seven, Roberta Lincoln, and Isis for instance. Also, unlike TOS it is a archetypical 1960s concept so CBS would probably not be interested in making it with their focus on the modern generic meta when it comes to sci-fi.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    [sarcasm] yes, a movie set in the 1930s would never work because, oh, one of the best episodes of Star Trek EVER was based in the 1930s for the majority of the episode...[/sarcasm]
    why COULDN'T there be another Starfleet team that goes back in time, maybe to stop an attempt to give the TRIBBLE the Bomb in 1936? or to kill Oppenheimer or Einstein? maybe a plot to kill Churchill?
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    edited September 2020
    [sarcasm] yes, a movie set in the 1930s would never work because, oh, one of the best episodes of Star Trek EVER was based in the 1930s for the majority of the episode...[/sarcasm]
    why COULDN'T there be another Starfleet team that goes back in time, maybe to stop an attempt to give the TRIBBLE the Bomb in 1936? or to kill Oppenheimer or Einstein? maybe a plot to kill Churchill?

A time travel story with the right envelope and focus would work, it could be one of the things you mention or it could even be one of Burnham's possible dominoes. Or they could set it on the "gangster planet" with the same kind of provisions to keep it Trek.

The problem is that the rumors about the script say that it isn't a time travel or Sigma Iota II story, that instead it is a straight gangster movie without involving any of the characters from any of the Treks, just characters from the 1930s setting, with nothing having to do with Trek or sci-fi except for maybe a few seconds of cheesy "aliens watching a screen" type of envelope or even a text "these are the events of normal gangsters in the 1930s of the Trek universe" introduction.