test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Swimwear Plz?

jenicazarinajenicazarina Member Posts: 78 Arc User
Next year, can we please have swimwear similar to this, please?

6HgjCV0.jpg
Resistance is never futile!

800S3a8.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    except Cryptic will probably get sued for using the design...
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Also, from an in-universe PoV these are illogical. It's a modification of a TNG Starfleet uniform... why would Risians sell that... to Orions and Letheans?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    I'd like some more bulkier ones, like this. ----> j6Kex1f.jpg
    Plus make some sorongs. :)

dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    i'm still waiting for gorn-sized banana hammocks - even though it would have to be the female version (if that even exists) since gorn have nothing down there for the hammock to cradle​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    i'm still waiting for gorn-sized banana hammocks - even though it would have to be the female version (if that even exists) since gorn have nothing down there for the hammock to cradle​​

Well just because it's fully internal doesn't mean there's nothing there.
    if there is something there at that particular moment, that gorn should probably be looking for a private spot​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    One idea I've had is the outfit Droxene wore in TOS episode "The Cloud Minders".
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    I'd wear the gold one. I'm about her build, so yea, that might look not bad on me.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Yeah, we need metalic colors, bronze, gold, copper, silver, metalic blue and green, for starters... they would look so cool!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    *skims thread* All of the above.
  • megainexoros#5925 megainexoros Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Unlock all npc outfits+Orion pieces(loinclothless belt).
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Also, from an in-universe PoV these are illogical. It's a modification of a TNG Starfleet uniform... why would Risians sell that... to Orions and Letheans?

Because they have a license from Starfleet to sell them to SF members? Just like they'd have a license from the baseball teams to sell official merch?

Not that there's any "in universe POV" reasons for the stuff in the event store. /shrug

(seriously - from an in-universe PoV, our crew can just replicate all kinds of stuff on the ship before beaming down. I wouldn't be surprised if Starfleet ship replicators have all sorts of "SF official" patterns for clothing. Exercise gear, branded t-shirts, logo headbands, etc)
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    They'd have to get a third party licence for those swimware...and we all know how much Cryptic likes those. Basically if you see something neat Star Trek related and it is not directly from CBS, Cryptic won't touch it.

Wouldn't they need to get to get a license agreement from CBS or Universal in order to use the copywrite for the Starfleet emblem?

As for Loluhnat events, why would Risa care to sell baseball uniforms? Talk about something that makes no sense at all. These would be better off in the Phoenix Pack or Lobi store. Since Risian's wouldn't bother with baseball to begin with.

T-shirts and such I'm fine with. Let's keep to things you would wear at the beach or on vacation. I mean, yeah, an open baseball jersey and such makes sense for this. A full baseball uniform though? Yeah, that's just pure stupidity for Risian's to sell. The cleets, bats, and balls would be detrimental objects to their ecology, which they're big on protecting.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    Just because someone has a license agreement with CBS or Universal does not mean that CBS or Universal has rights to the product they make to give to other companies. That's not how this works.

I know. I was pointing out that the company that made the swimwear would have to had said licensing.

But, that also gives a middle ground for approaching them about it. Both already being licensed to use the copywrite.

Plus, if I were the swimwear company there, I'd be all for it. I mean, having your product featured in a MMO. That's some damn good advertisement right there.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    that would depend on the wording of that agreement - if someone isn't careful, they could easily sign away their right to anything created while under that license...even things that AREN"T directly related to it - though contracts that scuzzy can usually be challenged and overturned if you get a good lawyer and judge/jury

reading the fine print is VERY important, but sadly a nearly-extinct skill - like common sense​​

#LegalizeAwoo

trennan wrote: »
    Just because someone has a license agreement with CBS or Universal does not mean that CBS or Universal has rights to the product they make to give to other companies. That's not how this works.

I know. I was pointing out that the company that made the swimwear would have to had said licensing.

But, that also gives a middle ground for approaching them about it. Both already being licensed to use the copywrite.

Plus, if I were the swimwear company there, I'd be all for it. I mean, having your product featured in a MMO. That's some damn good advertisement right there.

Even when all parties agree one something...licensing and contracts aren't that simple. Remember the Oddy? Everyone agreed it was okay...and yet...yeah...so no, they aren't gonna do that again. They have said as much.

I get that. Just my habit of looking at things from different angles.

I'm not opposed to new swimwear. Just like I'm not opposed to the t-shirts and tanks tops this year. Baseball uniforms are out though. I've been to the beach a few times, and I've never seen anyone enjoying their there in a full baseball uniform. I think I grabbed 1 back when they put them in, just to get a ballcap.

Now if they'd kept to beach items, I wouldn't have a problem. You know, visors, sunglasses, tank-tops, t-shirts, more open/closed button up shirts, shorts, and such. They could even go with beach chairs you can carry around and use. Picnic baskets. Beach towels/blankets. Even umbrellas.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I dont know. I mean I neither mind more/new swimsuits in game nor do I mind seeing girls in RL wearing the above ones inmitating Trek uniforms at all... :p

Still I have to wonder, would those swimsuits imitating Starfleet uniforms make any sence for our STO characters to wear? :/
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    > @peterconnorfirst said:
    > I dont know. I mean I neither mind more/new swimsuits in game nor do I mind seeing girls in RL wearing the above ones inmitating Trek uniforms at all... :p
    >
    > Still I have to wonder, would those swimsuits imitating Starfleet uniforms make any sence for our STO characters to wear? :/

I was thinking the same thing..

My Captain is on vacation on Risa.. why would her swimwear be a uniform? :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
    I have to agree there, for my captain the whole point of being on Risa is to get away from her duties, not be reminded about them every time she looks at a mirror.
    > I dont know. I mean I neither mind more/new swimsuits in game nor do I mind seeing girls in RL wearing the above ones inmitating Trek uniforms at all... :p
    >
    > Still I have to wonder, would those swimsuits imitating Starfleet uniforms make any sence for our STO characters to wear? :/

To discourage hormone driven overenthusiastic Ensigns on their first Risa shore-leave from hitting on her? ;)
    >

To discourage hormone driven overenthusiastic Ensigns on their first Risa shore-leave from hitting on her? ;)
    My main captain is 190 cm tall that's either taller or as tall as most Trek humans, so any dudebro who'd hit on women because they exist would steer away from her due her making them not look as superior next to her, that or would hit on her regardless of that swimwear she was wearing (or what outfit in general as in she could be in full uniform and they'd still hit on her)

As for the rest this is the 25th century habits change and randomly hitting on strangers might not been seen as "cool" anymore, need I remind again that overzealous sex drive was seen as "unmanly" by ancient Romans (it was a source of embarrassment for Caesar when his troops pointed his affairs during his triumph).
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    >

Same reason Army guys wear "Army" t-shirts on R&R, or at home, or at the gym, or...
    Alternatively, they're a new officer who really wants to show off how "cool" they are. Or they think that "SF Officer" will really help them get chicks. Or...

Or (just maybe) the stuff they make for outfits is for the players outside the game, not for rational in-universe reasons. (like, why would our captains be wearing full baseball uniforms). In-universe, they have access to the replicators and should have semi-infinite options of all kinds, even without copyrights or licensing fees - just look at how the various crews on the shows got the computer to make them all sorts of random outfits for their holodeck adventures.

/shrug

Either way, I kind of expect we'll never get another bunch of swimwear like in the early years. They seem to be going with unisex designs with little difference between male & female versions, if only to reduce the needed labor. Along with single models with multiple texture recolors (the baseball uniforms, the band shirts...)
    spiritborn wrote: »
    >

My main captain is 190 cm tall that's either taller or as tall as most Trek humans, so any dudebro who'd hit on women because they exist would steer away from her due her making them not look as superior next to her, that or would hit on her regardless of that swimwear she was wearing (or what outfit in general as in she could be in full uniform and they'd still hit on her)

As for the rest this is the 25th century habits change and randomly hitting on strangers might not been seen as "cool" anymore, need I remind again that overzealous sex drive was seen as "unmanly" by ancient Romans (it was a source of embarrassment for Caesar when his troops pointed his affairs during his triumph).

You do follow Star Trek, do you? oO

I mean take Risa (as in tha actual current event planet). It is an entire planet with cultural rituals based on hitting on strangers. And thats just the most in-your-face example. Trek is more sexed up than a lot of people like to admit. Maybe the most current ST shows are bland-boring in that department but previous where not.
    > @theanothername said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You do follow Star Trek, do you? oO
    >
    > I mean take Risa (as in tha actual current event planet). It is an entire planet with cultural rituals based on hitting on strangers. And thats just the most in-your-face example. Trek is more sexed up than a lot of people like to admit. Maybe the most current ST shows are bland-boring in that department but previous where not.

Not only were "wink wink, nudge nudge" about sexuality, Risa didn't seem to have problems with consent. Sure people would hit on strangers but most would also take "no" for an answer, only one i can recall that didn't was that ferengi from the first Risa episode. Mirwast wouldn't have issues with those who respect her consent.
    spiritborn wrote: »
    > @theanothername said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You do follow Star Trek, do you? oO
    >
    > I mean take Risa (as in tha actual current event planet). It is an entire planet with cultural rituals based on hitting on strangers. And thats just the most in-your-face example. Trek is more sexed up than a lot of people like to admit. Maybe the most current ST shows are bland-boring in that department but previous where not.

Not only were "wink wink, nudge nudge" about sexuality, Risa didn't seem to have problems with consent. Sure people would hit on strangers but most would also take "no" for an answer, only one i can recall that didn't was that ferengi from the first Risa episode. Mirwast wouldn't have issues with those who respect her consent.

Well, I agree. I think. But I think we are talking about two very different things here.
This discussion has been closed.