test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where's romulan commander Rojal?

argoz#3848 argoz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
I can't pick up my free purple duty officer as commander Rojal doesn't show up.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,451 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Do you already have Commander Rojal on your character? Also, do you have room in your inventory or in your DOFF roster?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    I don't think he exists in game. You need to see the relevant people at your allied Academy.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Rojal is who you get the Maintenance Doff from, or were supposed to. This was a problem when it first occurred many years ago. You have to go to your Allied Faction Academy and use him instead. See below:

T'Ress Maintenance Doff from Commander Rojal for the Junior Officers Appreciation Weekend Event in the New Romulus Command.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/8j590a/have_you_seen_me/
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    Sounds like we have the makings of the next "Where's Sulu" meme.

Also... I don't think I ever got that DOff for my Romulans either...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    No one ever did. The first time they rolled out that Maintenance Doff, Rojal was not placed in New Romulus Command. Captain Smirk said he would get it added in for the next Event. He was told that was not going to happen by the Devs..

First step in homoginizing the Romulans. ;)

T'Ress, we barely knew ye. :(
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    No one ever did. The first time they rolled out that Maintenance Doff, Rojal was not placed in New Romulus Command. Captain Smirk said he would get it added in for the next Event. He was told that was not going to happen by the Devs..

First step in homoginizing the Romulans. ;)

T'Ress, we barely knew ye. :(

He said it would work "according to plan" the next time. That leaves a whole lot of wiggle room. The mission not being assigned again, and Rojal never being placed is probably what they would call according to plan now.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • argoz#3848 argoz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I don't think he exists in game. You need to see the relevant people at your allied Academy.

Doesn't work. At starfleet academy there is a Captain Jarol which i cannot interact with. The mission tells me to contact Commander Rojal which is nowhere to be found.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    you know, funny thing i noticed...'rojal' is an anagram of jarol​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    All three are anagrams of each other.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    If you have already picked an Allied Faction and this does not work, and you already don't have the Exocomp, then they have been scr*wing around with this. Maybe, they were going to implement T'Ress now but again forgot to implement Rojal.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • technobeast#9443 technobeast Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    This needs to be fixed by either adding the NPC in New Romulus Command, or removing the quest altogether if they are not going to fix it. Oh wait, they have quests that they removed that still can be started, like Starbase 24...

I like the game overall, but their lack of Quality Control is starting to get on my nerves, along with the canned replies to any tickets you raise with them. Feels like where I work at times. :(

They need to actually play the game and see how annoying a lot of this stuff is.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    If you have already picked an Allied Faction and this does not work, and you already don't have the Exocomp, then they have been scr*wing around with this. Maybe, they were going to implement T'Ress now but again forgot to implement Rojal.
    My best guess is that they decided at the last minute that allowing Romulans to get what is more or less a duplicate of a unique doff was bad balance and tried to quietly bury the entire idea. But didn't actually get rid of anything.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    That this hasn't popped up since the first kerfuffle years ago, and only did recently, indicates to me that they inadvertantly activated some of the Rojal code. This was apparent a few weeks ago during that first Junior Officer's Event. They didn't fix it.

So Romulans get an extra Maintenance Engineer, it would be a very small price to pay for stiffing the Romulans out of any new Ships in quite some time.

Who knows, they certainly won't be telling.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Well it's a special power, but not really a GOOd one.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    it's damn near useless - i'd rather have a free technician​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • smr12smr12 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    executed for incompetence...
    Until Cryptic fixes the bugs and the huge lag problem, i refuse to give them a single cent. A company that charges hundreds of dollars but can't even give a stable bugfree game (or at least doesn't have bugs that are years and years old), doesn't deserve my money.
    Also when coming back after 2 years not playing STO, spending $30 and getting hit immediately with a 7 day account probation.
    This shows very little respect from cryptic towards their playerbase and, this is another reason to not spend any single cent on this game.
  • erdi#1371 erdi Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    And don't say it's a dead thread because the bug is still there and it was difficult to create a new thread for the same problem. I do have the Exocomp.
    https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/573234387877888025/744278506292379748/Knipsel1.JPG?width=1442&height=675
    https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/573234387877888025/744278557341122642/Knipsel2.JPG?width=1442&height=674
    the general concensus seems to be the devs changed their minds about this, but the doff and mission still exist somehow. :/
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User

You mean the exovomp doff you can find in the phoenix pack?
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    No that is a Tactical one, the Duty Officer Weekend gives you a Maintenance Engineer.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.