test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

risa artifact scanner

drkwolf84drkwolf84 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
so. the artifact scanner is bugged. no matter how many times i use it it sends me in multiple different directions. i can stand in one spot and hit it 4 to 5 times and each time it points in a new direction.

Comments

• Options
    stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    Mine has always done that. The only way I can get artifacts is just go to known points on a map and check to see if it reveals a dig.

Unfortunately I haven't found a complete map so I waste a lot of time and haven't bothered to try to get the accolade.

If one is taking too long I just drop it and try another character.
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    It works best on foot, it seems bugged only while using a floater. So I only use the floater to get over mountains quickly.
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    It works best on foot, it seems bugged only while using a floater. So I only use the floater to get over mountains quickly.

Yes, and what's the quickest way to get multiple alts through the hunt? The floaters. Landing every few minutes to scan will hamper that ;) Still needs fixing.​​
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Mine has always done that. The only way I can get artifacts is just go to known points on a map and check to see if it reveals a dig.

Unfortunately I haven't found a complete map so I waste a lot of time and haven't bothered to try to get the accolade.

If one is taking too long I just drop it and try another character.

Artifacts Map with that one on the
    western slope of the volcano that never existed, but some people claimed was there briefly the first year. Ignore that one and you have them all.

I never relied on the scanner lines, as they were always at least a bit misleading. I found it easier to start right by Sovek, then go due South until it said Further, check due West a bit for Closer/Further, then East if it said Further. Doing this I finish on average in two minutes or so.

Edit: If it says Further immediately when you go South, then switch to North. It will be one of the five at the North end oif the map if that is the case.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    anodynes wrote: »

Artifacts Map with that one on the
    western slope of the volcano that never existed, but some people claimed was there briefly the first year. Ignore that one and you have them all.

I immediately noticed the map is missing one I found yesterday, just South of the Promenade on the beach. I think there's another one missing but I can't put my finger on it yet.
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    Risa_Summer_Resort_Artifacts.png?version=d89214193f00835e7ef97eda42e05e98

This is a map provided by their own gamepedia site, it is not hard to figure out approximately where they are located.
    Also, it is correct, if you are given a direction go to the most likely spot where an artifact is located and scan again,
    and continue to repeat till you find one, eventually you do find it.
    I know cause this is what I do.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I have a pretty good idea of where the artifacts are, so I just start scanning and fly towards a spot I know of in that direction, and keep flying towards spots as long as I keep getting closer. Only takes a couple minutes of that to find my artifact. I never rely on the pointer, just the Closer/Farther indicators.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    Here's how I do it...
    step 1 - start your scanner.
    step 2 - move a couple steps forward and scan again.
    step 3 - if you did not get "closer", turn 180 and repeat step 2.
    step 4 - move a couple steps sideways and scan again.
    step 5 - turn slightly toward your most recent "closer".
    step 6 - repeat from step 2 until your step 4 scan changes.

At that point you should be facing almost directly toward the artifact. Consult map (or memory) of usual locations and you should be able to narrow down to 1-3 locations.

Basically - each rep of this will produce a 90 degree arc of where it might be (in front of you and either to the left or to the right); the slight turns move that arc, which narrows down the location because the artifact, being stationary, must be in the overlap.

Kinda how I do it too. Gotten my time to locate one on foot down to just under five minutes. Though I have the preferred starting point of standing the the central crater (at where the biathlon finish is) and facing north. If the scanner points right, it's one of the eastern ones; left, one of the western ones; etc. Gives me the section of island to search.
  • Options
    I verified today that, at least for me, it doesn't consistently point in the right direction, and will point in opposite directions. It will also point effectively off the map where there are no dig sites, like off the beach into the ocean.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Today I was bored and felt like taking one of those fine examples of the reliability of the new scanner's VFX:
    9900_20200814202239_1.png?raw=1
    9900_20200814202253_1.png?raw=1

Yes I did stop moving for a few seconds before activating it both times, so it's not because of that.

And the artifact was actually under the tree near the beach party fire.
    I pity those who don't know all the possible spawn point locations.

The previous scanner was bad, but even at its worst, the direction was in the red cone (even if sometimes, virtually ON one of its sides).

EDIT:
    More insanity:
    9900_20200817203151_1.png?raw=1
    9900_20200817203159_1.png?raw=1
    *screams in a pillow*

Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1