test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free 'LOWER DECKS' doffs tomorrow!

13»

Comments

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    I'm hoping the uniforms (including the Admiral's uniform) are made available for players, as well as the hairstyles.

I wonder if Boimler became a captain of the U.S.S. Cerritios (I can't remember if that's how to spell the ship name or not) by the time we got to captain our first ship? Would 30 years experience be enough for his promotion?

Interesting question, and that actually raises a good point:

With the exception of time travel, the devs won't be able to include any of those characters in game because doing so would essentially 'spoil' those characters' future storyline (rather than people seeing how it plays out in the show).

Again, with the exception of time travel (or holodeck recreations).

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    That USS Cheerios. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Probably several ships that currently fit the cheerio classification, easily identified by the ring instead of saucer.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    Free stuff is always good.

Unfortunately it seems the trend is to give us free stuff simply to prop up/promote terrible iterations of Star Trek.

This. I'm honestly not going to take them, I want nothing to do with that nonsense, even in my game.

On my newest character those are the only four regular doffs I have (the initial doff compliment bugged out yet again) until they start trickling in via the recruitment missions the other personnel NPC gives. The holographic doffs are there but they are of limited use with no "live" doffs.
  • I don't even use duty officers for active ground and space they have useless conditional buffs
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

Unfortunately it seems the trend is to give us free stuff simply to prop up/promote terrible iterations of Star Trek.

This. I'm honestly not going to take them, I want nothing to do with that nonsense, even in my game.

If you dislike them that much, you should take them and then send them on missions where they will get injured :D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

On my newest character those are the only four regular doffs I have (the initial doff compliment bugged out yet again) until they start trickling in via the recruitment missions the other personnel NPC gives. The holographic doffs are there but they are of limited use with no "live" doffs.
    Can't you just mail some from other characters?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User

Can't you just mail some from other characters?

Yes, I mailed some of the extras other characters had at first (along with some doff packs I had sitting in the bank from a while ago), but this is about the fifth time the bug has bitten, so between that and fleet contributions I am getting low enough on useful extras to pass around that I have been just doing the trickle from the other personnel person.

If I really need someone for a particular mission I want to do I sometimes just buy one off of the exchange if they are not too inflated at the time. I should probably be more organized with the other characters to insure a good supply but so far I haven't gotten around to systemizing it yet. Also with the doff weekend coming up that should help too.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Hmm today's ep had a nice assortment of non-federation characters. Kaelons, Vendorians, Lurians, and weird aliens we've never even seen before! :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • starshine#7408 starshine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    who want to lay eggs in my throat
    TOS>LDS>DSC>VOY>DS9>PRO>ENT>TNG>PIC

Bring the Enterprise XCV-330 to STO
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    I'm hoping the uniforms (including the Admiral's uniform) are made available for players, as well as the hairstyles.

I wonder if Boimler became a captain of the U.S.S. Cerritios (I can't remember if that's how to spell the ship name or not) by the time we got to captain our first ship? Would 30 years experience be enough for his promotion?

Interesting question, and that actually raises a good point:

With the exception of time travel, the devs won't be able to include any of those characters in game because doing so would essentially 'spoil' those characters' future storyline (rather than people seeing how it plays out in the show).

Again, with the exception of time travel (or holodeck recreations).

Psst - STO ISN'T canon so no it wouldn't do anything. STO is at best an alternate universe/timeline.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
This discussion has been closed.