test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Infinity Lockbox Tweaks

Something Has to be done about the fact that the reward boxes are bound to character untill opened... there are just too many options in those packs already and it just keeps getting worse with every new lock box addition. The choice packs (ground traits, space traits, ships, hell even the promo ships) should be switched from Bound to Character to tradable, to make it easier to sell those things instead of having to speculate which ship someone is going to buy and all that stuff..

I can say both as a person getting those things and as a person selling those things, it has to change.. From the perspective of a person buying a ship for example, if it isn't on the exchange, you just can't get it until someone opens the pack and posts it on the exchange, while with those packs being tradable one could just get the choice pack and get the niche ship that no one is selling.. From the perspective of a person selling a ship for example, just dropping the choice pack on exchange is easier then searching which ship is most wanted and posting that..

That's all, Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I suspect a problem with making those choise packs tradable is the following: every time new stuff is added to the infinity lock box, the old lockboxes are updated, but old choice packs are not. For example, if I open a box and get a T6 choice pack, and later they add the Foobar class ship to the infinity lockbox, my choice pack will not be updated to include the Foobar class.

Thus there would be several versions of the same choice packs floating around, making searching the exchange very difficult. They could of course solve this problem by updating the old choice packs too.

At the very least, they should be account bound and give the ability to pick any ship, despite faction. The ship pack (for example) would still only be openable by the appropriate faction.
  • Options
    atlantis#9395 atlantis Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Garaffe that doesn't happen they are updated.. it's just the account/char bound stuff.. they have to get rid of it, it's bad for the people getting those to sell em, it's bad for the people buying them..

Also faction ships now exist in the thing as any faction ship packs..
  • Options
    Eh, yea account bound now wouldn't change anything these days.. back in the day it would solve that problem, but now they solved it another way by just dropping crossfaction loot instead of faction specific..

Go Unbound or go bust.. I'm not bothering with any more Keys and Promos getting those things if I can't just Sell those things as the Infinity Choice Packs that they are, and I'm sure there are people who feel the same way. Period.
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Garaffe that doesn't happen they are updated.. it's just the account/char bound stuff.. they have to get rid of it, it's bad for the people getting those to sell em, it's bad for the people buying them..

I stand corrected then.

I think if they were to make the choice packs unbound, they might as well do away with themed lockboxes and stick to only infinity lockboxes. I must say that there have been several instances where I have had to wait weeks for the ship I want to show up on the exchange which put a hamper on my enthusiasm to play the game at the time. I can imagine though that if choice packs were unbound, they would sell on the exchange for a considerable mark up.
  • Options
    Garaffe, the infinity promo packs were unbound for a while when they came out.. there wasn't a considerable mark up unless you call 5% tops a considerable mark up (which was at the time like 50m difference) and was also partly due to fluctuations, so there were actually cases where some specific ships from that thing were more expensive then the choice pack.

And in today's STO economy, due to the lack of unbound choice packs, some ships sell for 30% more then the value of the choice pack itself that is at 550m-650m range.. i mean hell, i've sold a Briostrys at 720m, and heard sometimes people get as much as 850m on a niche ship that no one else posted on the exchange if they're lucky.