test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Story Idea and Predictions for Season 2 of Star Trek Picard

ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
I was Watching Star Trek (09) and I am thinking Season 2 will be the Romulan Super Nova that Distorted Romulus and Crippled The Empire How it happen and why it happen on Witch will uncover truth on the Super Nova that it was created by an Ancient Empire that wants Revenge on the Galaxy! This Will Tie in with Star Trek (09) and of course another mystery from Season 1and Season 2 of TNG the Iconians we just have to find out
May the Shwartz Be With You
CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Assuming they go that route and not explore more of this myseterious AI species that almost showed up, because I kinda feel like that might be a big threat.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
    The AI Species might be in Discovery S3 I think what might come too is that they could have created the Super Nova that Swallowed Romulus because of the Vas Dash as sort of a Revenge type thing and if they are Highly intelligent they can see the Federation as an Allie since how they deal with there own Synthetics as Intelligent beings hell Data was even given a his own Freedom and Person-hood in Season 2 of TNG when Bruce wanted to Tare him open.
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    The supernova happened a number of years before the Picard show is set, why would they go back and prequel themselves in the second season?
  • ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
    Well there could have been new evidence that it was artificially Created from them visiting the site were Ambassador Spock "Gave his Life to Save the Galaxy" from Star Trek (09) and Raffi may Discovered that there something leftover from the Super Nova that caused it to go Boom and starts a hole new investigation that might lead them to the Iconaians
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
  • mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Instead of going into the future like Discovery does (9 centuries LOL) the only thing to do is alter the past now...so much for time travel.​​
    The one thing I see as a persistant threat is the Zhat Vash. They're still around. Now exposed to the public thanks to their confrontation with a Federation Fleet, but still a potential threat.
    The idea that there's some machine species out there that could pose a threat is something else that may get explored. Starfleet may not take an active role, but Picard himself might decide to investigate. For all we know, Starfleet might allow him to do so unoficially.

The one thing that kinda bugs me about the machine species is... who are they? And why the tenticles?
    Did a piece of Control survive? Or is this something else entirely?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The one thing I see as a persistant threat is the Zhat Vash. They're still around. Now exposed to the public thanks to their confrontation with a Federation Fleet, but still a potential threat.
    The idea that there's some machine species out there that could pose a threat is something else that may get explored. Starfleet may not take an active role, but Picard himself might decide to investigate. For all we know, Starfleet might allow him to do so unoficially.

The one thing that kinda bugs me about the machine species is... who are they? And why the tenticles?

Unless Control has mastered time travel or a piece of him was sent back in time, then it is another machine intelligence. The Admonition was left on that planet about 200,000 years ago. So we saw part of the machine intelligence race that originally left the Admonition or a race from a machine intelligence Federation that protects innocent machine intelligence races from evil organics.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    edited August 2020

Hopefully it doesn't come across the Borg, while Robo-Cthulhu seems to hate organics the Borg are also part machine, so it could be a potential ally for the collective assuming they don't try to assimilate Robo-Cthulhu, If they did try to assimilate Robo-Cthulhu they will say "We are the Borg, prepare to be assimilated, we will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own, resistance is futile" before being curb stomped by it.
    also Guinan is pretty much confirmed for season 2
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    It is always possible that Picard is using the machine civilization from TMP. V'ger did not start out with the power it had by the time it reached Earth, but it was still no joke power-wise when it started its journey (at least according to the novelization, which went into a little more detail than the book). It still does not explain the tentacles though, but who knows, with CBS writing maybe Cthulhu got Borged.
    Didn't think about the Machine Planet...

It would be a very interesting plot point to pick up since we never heard about it again after TMP.
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    Earth blows up and the Federation falls apart because the future is "dark"..
    Earth blows up and the Federation falls apart because the future is "dark"..
    crewman Daniels won't let that happen, he needs to keep the federation intact by the 31st century, 32nd century and beyond are fair game, however I would like to see Worf in season 2.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    edited August 2020

I'm not really convinced that the machine species are actually a threat.

From the Premonition, one could just as easily draw the conclusion that they intend to remove AI from advanced species to ensure that they don't destroy each other.

The basic message was: organics will fear AI, they will therefore stop its development but by then it will be too late and organic civilisations will destroy themselves.

It could well be that the intention of this unknown species is to simply avoid things reaching that point. For the sake of both the artificials/synths and the organics.

There is actually no evidence at all that they're intending to destroy organics or that they're a threat to the Federation. That's just what the Zhat Vash made of it and then it became a self-fulfilling prophecy because they destroyed a fleet that was intended to save their own planet...

All this could, in principle, be reduced to Romulan paranoia and its effects. The whole first season of Picard actually says a lot more about that species, than about synths, AI or this unknown species.

(Yes, one android did actually turn into a maniac after seeing the Premonition - but she saw it through the mind/eyes of Dr. Jurat - who had previously already considered the content of the message to be such a grave threat that she murdered her former lover and colleague; once more indicating that the problems may well more related to organics trying to interpret a message that was actually intended for synths than it having anything to do with synthetics/AI per se.)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Now that I'm thinking of it:

These events, of problems being created through the sharing of a message intended for artificial lifeforms, does somewhat resemble a problem of today.

Namely, the fact that algorithms and fake news can be used so easily to manipulate humans, whose cognitive development (a product of millions of years of evolution) of course has not kept pace with the tremendous developments in technologies that have occurred in just a few decades.

It is arguably more socially relevant today than robots taking over the planet - which is of course the more classical threat posed by AI in works of fiction.

A bit more far-fetched perhaps then: this fake news / the Premonition is basically the reason why, indirectly, people / the Federation become opposed to saving Romulan refugees - even to the point of threatening to leave the Federation ( / the EU).

Patrick Stewart himself has said that these (refugees, Brexit) are among the real world issues he wanted to address through ST: Picard.

Some people have complained that the social relevance, the practice of holding up a mirror to our own society is missing from the new series. But it's there, in Picard at least. Of course, it's more serialised now compared to the older series (bar DS9 and season 2 and 3 of Enterprise perhaps) so it may be more difficult for people to recognise it, compared to seeing a clear allegory in a 45-minute episode.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Now that I'm thinking of it:

These events, of problems being created through the sharing of a message intended for artificial lifeforms, does somewhat resemble a problem of today.

Namely, the fact that algorithms and fake news can be used so easily to manipulate humans, whose cognitive development (a product of millions of years of evolution) of course has not kept pace with the tremendous developments in technologies that have occurred in just a few decades.

It is arguably more socially relevant today than robots taking over the planet - which is of course the more classical threat posed by AI in works of fiction.

A bit more far-fetched perhaps then: this fake news / the Premonition is basically the reason why, indirectly, people / the Federation become opposed to saving Romulan refugees - even to the point of threatening to leave the Federation ( / the EU).

Patrick Stewart himself has said that these (refugees, Brexit) are among the real world issues he wanted to address through ST: Picard.

Some people have complained that the social relevance, the practice of holding up a mirror to our own society is missing from the new series. But it's there, in Picard at least. Of course, it's more serialised now compared to the older series (bar DS9 and season 2 and 3 of Enterprise perhaps) so it may be more difficult for people to recognise it, compared to seeing a clear allegory in a 45-minute episode.

How easily people are manipulated by Twitter and other social media websites proves that AI has nothing to fear from us. To save ourselves from the eventual AI overlords, we must destroy social media.