test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Jem'hadar faction selection bug

madman420#1724 madman420 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited July 2020 in PS4 Gameplay Bug Reports
So when I'm choosing my faction the Jem Hadar the second mission after you chase after that escaped prisoners and you go through the wormhole Deep Space Nine when you choose my faction I choose and then I get stuck at that screen I can't exit out transport or anything and restarting and deleting character does not work

(vague title correction) - darkbladejk
Post edited by darkbladejk on

Comments

• madman420#1724 madman420 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    This need to be figure out quick don't like spending money on stuff that you can't use
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Seems we have the same issue on Xbox. I expect it will be fixed in a few months. Super glad I don't play Jem'hadar.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Sorry you are going through this. Please be specific in your title and not just saying Jem'Hadar faction since that it is not the main idea of this thread. All that says is what faction is affected and not the bug in question. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    What's need more I say when when choosing faction playing as jem'hadar in Star Trek online for PS4 I do not surpass choosing menu then I have to restart my PS4 and do it all over again and nothing happens just keep on getting stuck either I can choose Starfleet or Klingon Empire try both nothing happens
    > @madman420#1724 said:
    > So when I'm choosing my faction the Jem Hadar the second mission after you chase after that escaped prisoners and you go through the wormhole Deep Space Nine when you choose my faction I choose and then I get stuck at that screen I can't exit out transport or anything and restarting and deleting character does not work
    Begin Pacific fine when choosing faction PS4 Star Trek online cannot surpass choose your faction screen after I get the choice of choosing Starfleet or Klingons I've done both and nothing happens after I chosen
    It just says stay stuck at that screen
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    What's need more I say when choosing faction playing as jem'hadar in Star Trek online for PS4 I do not surpass choosing menu then I have to restart my PS4 and do it all over again and nothing happens just keep on getting stuck either I can choose Starfleet or Klingon Empire try both nothing happens

What I am saying is that the title is vague and just says Jem'Hadar Faction. It does not give a brief synopsis of what the bug is regarding that faction. Your description is more informative than the title. Please fix. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    I have corrected your title to be more reflective of the issue at hand. Please refrain from such vague titles as that's a common clickbait tactic and also prevents people from seeing your post in a timely manor and responding due to such a vague title not catching their attention.

Now with that said, when you say you notice the issue, do you get any kind of error codes or anything like that at all? Is it a sudden crash or does it just gradually lock up? I also noticed you said you tried to delete the toon and it wouldn't do it. What exactly happens when you try to delete the toon? Do you get any kind of messages saying it can't complete or what's up?

All you should need to do is press the delete button, go through the confirmation steps and go from there. If you would like to PM me your handle that you're using for the game I will pass this up the chain.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    When I'm playing the game and start a new character as Jem Hadar I can't get past the mission where you go to choose your faction soon as you finish the mission I'm sure you hell. The captain and then you go into the screen where you get to choose Starfleet or Klingon you choose and nothing happens can't back out of the screen or do anything so I'm locked into the screen can't bring up transport or anyting only thing I can do is close the game and go back into it like I said I've tried everything deleting the character and all it does is send me back to the screen where you get the ketracel-white from the vorta for the first time then I had to redo the whole mission then I choose again and I noticed that it says I'm already in a faction but the same thing still happens when I play the Jem Hadar no error codes nothing and the game is not frozen because I still hear music and stuff like that and I can still press the x button and interact with the faction screen so I'm at a loss here
  • itsswaythur#8394 itsswaythur Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I found that if you close the app just after you choose faction then open the game and log straight back on it works