test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 8/6/20

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited August 2020 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 8/6 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Resolved an issue that was preventing the Summer Event Tracker from appearing.

This fix is good & welcomed, it is almost like a mini-calendar.

Resolved an issue that could cause the Rainbow Tribble's buff to grant less critical chance than intended.

A good fix for any potential buyers & those that already bought, I'll have to look-up the critter's stats.

Resolved an issue that was causing the horizon on Risa to appear distorted.

I'm a bit disappointed about this fix, I had thought Cryptic was doing something creative & there might be a backstory incoming for us all to enjoy plus it looks/looked cool.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    WOW! No fix for the Race and Biathlon cheaters! I sure hope that is a ninja fix that just wasn't mentioned.

Edit: I somehow missed the tabs on the side of the windows for the bird and monkey turn ins. :P Not all of the bird forms show up after going through all of the tabs.

I like the radiating sun as well. It made it look like the sun was radiating heat, keeping Risa nice and warm for us.
    Post edited by jcsww on
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    So I take it that Flying High no longer giving Favors was intentional then as there is no mention in the patch notes.
  • majcyricmajcyric Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    "Resolved an issue that could cause the Rainbow Tribble's buff to grant less critical chance than intended. "

Oh, I see said the blind who saw everything that just happened and was quick to tell the deaf man who listened hearing every detail..

I was a bit confused with these new tribbles, since i bought 5 to test out using one and giving 1 to each of my Boff's and my CritH% was somehow lower than it was before trying them.. I'll have to try them again since they are working now? or working after the down time 8 hours from this post?
  • mdussmduss Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    to the moderator.

Please delte this post, because I made a mistake so that my original post was wrong here.
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Where is the fix for access to purchasing the Fleet T6 Risian corvette for those who recently bought it from Mudd?
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • majcyricmajcyric Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Yeah I had figured that was the case and not something minor that could addressed(hotfixed) while the servers were still live..
  • megainexoros#5925 megainexoros Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    I see you got Q to stop the distortions...and from messing with the populace's time perception. It is agreeable that we will be able to perceive the timers again. It is also agreeable that the Q will remove the ether perturbations.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    So I take it that Flying High no longer giving Favors was intentional then as there is no mention in the patch notes.

It would seem it is indeed intentional.

I've enjoyed every single Risian Summer event up until this one. I just cannot get into it at all this year. Granted the bugs have played a hand in it. And while Flying High no longer awarding Favors is not a major blow over all, it is another issue that actively discourages me from spending time on Risa.

Some new activities would have been nice. Being able to start ANY of the activities, aside from races, when the player wants would have been great. Simply put the events like dancing or the Horgahn Hunt on a timer so that players can't abuse it. Instead I have to set specific times aside if I want to participate in those activities, time I no longer have.

I can play for 20-30 minutes a day and not at the same time every day. With the rigid event schedule on Risa it means I likely will never be on at the same time as the events I want to run will be up. So what's the point in me doing ANYTHING on Risa aside from the daily for the ship and logging out?

I do appreciate Cryptic continuing to give us new FREE ships several times a year and for trying to keep these types of events fun. I just feel there is more that can be done so that it doesn't seem so limiting.

Put the individual single player events on a timer, say 60 minutes. This means the Artifact Hunt, Horgahn Hunt, Dance Party and perhaps even the Sand Castles. When the player competes the task they get the bonus favors the events offer and then can't run it again for the bonus for an hour. Put the Favors back into Flying High as this is a nice little filler event to run.

Would these types of changes be perfect? Perhaps not, but letting players choose when they want to run an event seems much more inviting.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    It is also agreeable that the Q will remove the ether perturbations.

They weren't removed. Just properly scaled to line up with the Risian ship. Apparently they were supposed to be attached to the fins, but scaling issues made it so the ship was properly scaled for the map, but the distortions were full size.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

Cryptic likes to add stealth nerfs like that when taking away an option for players imo. Maybe the 20 extra lohlunats was breaking the STO economy lol

• paperbellpaperbell Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    So once again you failed to repair the launcher itself so I could actually get into the game?
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I'm glad the Summer Event schedule was worked on, it kicked in after the patch.

But it acted up again.

Last time it sprung up when I used the Patrol system. Up to the time I used it, the schedule was working. When I returned it was gone.

This time around I logged back on to work on the L'nuts and the schedule showed there was 9 minutes left to the Dance Competition. I decided that wasn't enough time to finish it, so I worked on Admiralty UI. When I looked at the schedule again, it had stopped working.

But it acted up again.

Last time it sprung up when I used the Patrol system. Up to the time I used it, the schedule was working. When I returned it was gone.

This time around I logged back on to work on the L'nuts and the schedule showed there was 9 minutes left to the Dance Competition. I decided that wasn't enough time to finish it, so I worked on Admiralty UI. When I looked at the schedule again, it had stopped working.

Posted on Twitter ..... Star Trek Online
    @trekonlinegame
    ·
    1h
    On PC: Opening the Mission Journal will sometimes cause the timer to disappear. However, if it disappears, keep opening the Esc menu until it reappears.

Star Trek Online
    @trekonlinegame
    ·
    1h
    The Risa Tracker issue is fixed on all platforms - sort of. We've discovered that you may need to take some extra steps.

On Console: If the tracker disappears, hold "A" to bring up the interact menu. This should bring the timer back until we have a better fix.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User

But it acted up again.

Posted on Twitter ..... Star Trek Online
    @trekonlinegame
    ·
    1h
    On PC: Opening the Mission Journal will sometimes cause the timer to disappear. However, if it disappears, keep opening the Esc menu until it reappears.

Star Trek Online
    @trekonlinegame
    ·
    1h
    The Risa Tracker issue is fixed on all platforms - sort of. We've discovered that you may need to take some extra steps.

On Console: If the tracker disappears, hold "A" to bring up the interact menu. This should bring the timer back until we have a better fix.

Thanks for the info, I sent the one concerning console to those who are in that predicament.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    Save 15 people on Khitomer accolade? Where?
    Save 15 people on Khitomer accolade? Where?

Post in the appropriate place. Thank You
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Accolades give you points but you can't spend them on anything. It is another way to keep you busy in-game to pad metrics. ;)

Also, due to fiats by the California Governor, software companies had to fix no more than two things a week. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.