test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WTH is this distortion on Risa?

annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,596 Arc User
there are 3 or 4 of them on the horizon... T'ket better not be plannin' nuthin.....

giphy.gif
awkward.jpg
We Want Vic Fontaine
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Remember.. it's not a bug. It's a feature from the new ship apparently.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Shield generators
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • adamspire#9038 adamspire Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I saw that too, I just ignored it. Maybe it's a CLOAKED SUPER SECRET KLINGON SHIP that will finally end this all.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,786 Arc User
    Have you asked the person with the floater? ;)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    Could be timequakes starting with all these Red Angels running around....
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    that distortion is my cloaked ship, waiting to shoot at you!
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Seems to be the distotion from the ship panel emitters, as the ship is scaled to fit, it seems that those effects where not..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,596 Arc User
    that would make sense except there are 2 more about 120 degrees or more around the horizon
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    I dont recall seeing the disruption till this morning and the island is surrounded. So my best guess is a cloaked fleet waiting to pounce on us before the event ends.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,362 Arc User
    It's the combined power of our sheer awesomeness as player characters, distorting the very fabric of space-time!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    It is about where the Ytjara was two years ago, maybe it is back and the Vorgon just have lousy cloaking tech.
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    In chat, people were saying it's the weather control system. But given that it's new this year with the actual weather control ship, which can apparently create 4 "neutronic eddies," and the fact that there are 4 distortions on the map, I suspect it's from the ship.

Although the ship's description also says that the neutronic eddies emit radiation damage, so I'm a bit nervous that it's firing them on the planet...
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,017 Community Moderator
    Yea I noticed them too.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Well with my mom going into heart surgery Friday morning, I went ahead and paid out the Lobi for the ship, must say, I like it. Named it Cobra Weather Dominator.
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    if i use it, i will name mine the Einstein, because he's the one who created the weather control device superweapon in red alert​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    Whatever it is, it's also silenced the dance music and broken the events schedule display. Or maybe, being a calendar, that was just "too difficult".
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Seems to be the distotion from the ship panel emitters, as the ship is scaled to fit, it seems that those effects where not..
    This^ there's 4 in a very specific pattern.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    I saw that too, I just ignored it. Maybe it's a CLOAKED SUPER SECRET KLINGON SHIP that will finally end this all.

Cloaked ship was my first thought too ;)
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    I thought it was the heat waves from the torches around the power board race finish, and they were not placed properly. But the "ship panel emitters" seems the more likely explanation...

:smile:
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
    This^ there's 4 in a very specific pattern.

Using North as 12 o'clock, I estimate that the distortions are approx at 2, 3, 6, and 7 o'clock around the island.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    It's the Tox Uthat
    if i use it, i will name mine the Einstein, because he's the one who created the weather control device superweapon in red alert​​

Wasn't that timeline altered when Soviet Tim Curry went back in time to kill Einstein to remove the Allies tech advantage, which in turn gave rise to the Empire of the Rising Sun, led by Emperor George Takai, and the loss of Nuclear Weapons? Also... Allies still had a bit of a tech advantage anyways.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Wasn't that timeline altered when Soviet Tim Curry went back in time to kill Einstein to remove the Allies tech advantage, which in turn gave rise to the Empire of the Rising Sun, led by Emperor George Takai, and the loss of Nuclear Weapons? Also... Allies still had a bit of a tech advantage anyways.

I love temporal mechanics!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »

I love temporal mechanics!

I don't, they give me migrenes just trying to make sense of the whole thing.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    if i use it, i will name mine the Einstein, because he's the one who created the weather control device superweapon in red alert

and you notice they still managed to recreate most of the technologies he gave them even without his actual presence, like the chronosphere, GAP generator and prism towers? even though they go by different names

and the soviets managed to recreate nuclear weapons too, if that 50 megaton bomb in the cuba mission was any indication...though it could have easily been a vacuum bomb too​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    and you notice they still managed to recreate most of the technologies he gave them even without his actual presence, like the chronosphere, GAP generator and prism towers? even though they go by different names

and the soviets managed to recreate nuclear weapons too, if that 50 megaton bomb in the cuba mission was any indication...though it could have easily been a vacuum bomb too​​

Yea. Its just that the Allies ended up with a corporate backed tech advantage over Einestin.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    I'd have to call them graphical additions. One in the...

Lr1TMAy.jpg

...area.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    I got to admit...it they tied an event to the end of Risa I think it'd be pretty awesome - your captain is hiding out on Risa following the SNAFU from last time; the current big bad sending a cloaked bop wolfpack to Risa to flush you out...
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,786 Arc User
    According to the patch notes, it's merely an appearance.

There... is... no real... distortion!

(Or there are four, if you prefer that version.)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They're not the horizons you were looking for.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.