test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cannot Access Yesterday's War

millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
edited June 2020 in PS4 Gameplay Bug Reports
I'm unable to start Yesterday's War, as the first episode remains locked, despite me being maximum level. All of the other story arcs have their first episodes available, just not Yesterday's War. I've checked my Incoming Hails in case the there's some kind of unlocking interaction there, but there aren't any pertaining to Yesterday's War. I was told that by the time I hit Level 65, it should already be unlocked.

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Have you acquired and completed the mission Galaxy At Large? It is in the Klingon War arc.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    Yes, I have acquired Galaxy at Large, and completed it.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    You can 'force' the mission to become available by marking all previous missions as 'played' or 'skipped'.
    If you find that you cannot 'skip' a mission, it's usually just a short mission to start off a story arc, so it shouldn't take long to do.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    You can 'force' the mission to become available by marking all previous missions as 'played' or 'skipped'.
    If you find that you cannot 'skip' a mission, it's usually just a short mission to start off a story arc, so it shouldn't take long to do.

So if I play through everything listed before it Klingon War through Iconian War, it will forcibly open Episode 1 of Yesterday's War? I'd rather not skip stuff, as I'm a new player and want to get the story of the game, but I read that the order listed on the console missions/episodes menu isn't the original chronological story timeline, so having finished Klingon War and Romulan Mystery, I wanted to start Yesterday's War (supposedly it's supposed to happen sometime in the middle of Romulan Mystery).

Support replied to my ticket that it was a bug, and that posting here was the correct step to take. I hope that it gets fixed, but knowing how an older MMO game's, and just game development timelines and workflows in general, updates go.... :-(
    The original order and the current order do not make for much change. In fact, I'd say the new position for "Yesterday's War" is better than the old position.

Later missions will only become playable if you play/skip previous missions.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • jlk#4117 jlk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am having the exact same problem. Started playing STO about two months ago. I haven't played the Yesterday's War arc with any of my 3 characters (one of which is 65 lvl). All characters drop Yesterday's War Ep. 1 "automatically" when I log in. Just started happening a few days ago, about the time of the most recent update. The story arc was accessible before, but now suddenly isn't. Does seem like a new bug.
    edited June 2020
    The story arc will become available if you have 'played' or 'skipped' all previous missions.
    If it doesn't, please do post images/video of your entire Mission Journal so that I may see it exactly as you see it - that way, I should be able to pinpoint the exact problem for you.
  • arophin#4904 arophin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I’m having the same problem and haven’t had the Yesterday’s War arc unlocked since i started. Went so far as to go to where Geordi la forge is supposed to be located in the Dranuur system and it was a no go. I have completed all episodes from the start up to it as well as every “side” mission I can do. La Forge will pop up as soon as I log in saying that he had nothing for me atm. I have two characters, both lvl 65, one is a fed Vulcan character that time jumps from the past and the other is a Rom character of the Rom republic. Rom character, I think, doesn’t have all episodes completed up to the Yesterday’s War arc. Any help would be greatly appreciated
  • arophin#4904 arophin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
  • tochinoshin#4830 tochinoshin Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Someone had told me in a different forum that this mission was not available for Discovery captains. That sounded really weird to me. That's not true, is it?
  • thebigb82#6717 thebigb82 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I can't access it on any of my toons, even ones who have run the arc, it seems to be an issue with Temporal Ambassador. It's missing and because it can't be skipped the whole arc is missing
  • dragenhjerte#5285 dragenhjerte Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Today, I finally figured out what the Geordi La Forge popping up with the "Nothing else at the moment." bubble was earlier today since He gives the mission that starts Yesterday's War story arc.
    [My toon is a Reman Fed alligned level 65]
    :(
    edited June 2020
    It's both good, and bad, to see that I'm not the only one who has this problem. Even people who have done the arc before can't access it now. I may have been spoiled by previous games I've played... but how has this been a thing for over three weeks, and it's still not patched/fixed? :-(
  • cadmess#5603 cadmess Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This mission is definitely bugged. Attempting to start the mission simply brings up the mission simulator modal with a text of "Input request" The only option is exit. This can be reproduced on multiple captains all of whom are at level 65 and have completed this mission previously.
  • derrickbelnger#3160 derrickbelnger Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I've gotten my new character to lvl 65 and I still cannot access Temporal Ambassador. Ep1 remains locked, so the whole arc is blocked from being played. On my other characters that have played it before, the attempt to repeat gives me the "input inquiry" block.
  • moreikelpmoreikelp Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have the same problem. I buyed a PS4 a few weeks ago and installed instantly STO. I want to farm the platinum trophy but for the achievement "in shadow" I need temporal ambassador, but I can't play it because yesterday's war is locked. I played EVERY mission AND side quest but it didn't work. Please Cryptic do something
  • livewally1974#7237 livewally1974 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I’m having same issue, All story arcs complete 100%. Only thing I haven’t gotten is yesterday’s war..
    Have you played/skipped the newest entries in the "Featured Episodes" story arc at the top of your mission journal? They could be what's responsible for blocking your progress.
  • burstie79burstie79 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    [quote]@inferiority said:
    > Have you played/skipped the newest entries in the "Featured Episodes" story arc at the top of your mission journal? They could be what's responsible for blocking your progress.[/quote]

I already wrote about the topic in the XBox section, it is a bug and not an users fault.
    I have completed for testing reasons ALL missions until the Yesterday Wars arc with a new toon. It does not work.

Due all respect, I can completly understand, you and Cryptic want to make sure, the problem is not caused by an user error. But it is not helpful when PC players state, it works for them or after nearly 2 months we are still asked, if we have completed all missions before. It is a bug on both consoles, PS4 and XBox ONLY, and appeared with the patch and the begin of the To Hell With Honor-event.
  • zaphod#3205 zaphod Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same issue, all other missions 100% but this one won’t unlock
    Is fine for my federation character but my lev 65 KDF is not working
    ps I have no Klingon war arc, is that because I’m KDF? And if so, does that mean can’t unlock?
  • colonygiantcolonygiant Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    It's the same for me on PS4. I completed the first set of episodes called Agents of Yesterday and was recruited by Daniels as a temporal agent and sent forward in time. Fast forward now to just after the Klingon episodes and I had a mission from Phillip Crey to speak to Daniels called The Once and Future Agent. I completed that and awaited a hail from Daniels that sadly never came. I am now level 65 fleet admiral having completed all the various story arcs and still Yesterday's War is still greyed out. I have played this game since the beginning on all formats and have never experienced the issues I have on console.
  • dougatt#7770 dougatt Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Temporal Ambassador can now be started but not completed. Getting a map transfer failed error when trying to board the Enterprise C with a Klingon character. It’s been confirmed elsewhere that it’s happening with fed characters too. Skipping temporal ambassador should let everyone do the other missions in the arc though
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    Yeah I can confirm I can now access the arc but getting the Aem map transfer failed
  • captainsatanicacaptainsatanica Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Has anyone had an issue where you cant access Episode 4 (Vargon Conclusions)?
    Has anyone had an issue where you cant access Episode 4 (Vargon Conclusions)?
    Make sure you've played/skipped all other missions in previous Story Arcs.
    Also, the 2 Discovery-related storylines could potentially be blocking access, so skip/play those as well.
    Bizarrely, the new Terran Gambit storyline might be blocking it too - skip/play these.
    Hopefully, at some point in skipping/playing those storylines, it'll unblock "Vorgon Conclusions" for you.