test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Free 'LOWER DECKS' doffs tomorrow!

Comments

• Options
    balarickbalarick Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I think you meant that the med bay is *understaffed,* right? "Overstaffed" implies you have doctors and nurses to spare.
  • Options
    alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    I'm wondering how Mariner has a SPACE trait that procs off of Security Team which is a GROUND trait. lol
  • Options
    mikeblackwolfmikeblackwolf Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Free stuff is always good.

Unfortunately it seems the trend is to give us free stuff simply to prop up/promote terrible iterations of Star Trek.

100% agree, I wouldn't pick these up if you paid me
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Free stuff is always good.

Unfortunately it seems the trend is to give us free stuff simply to prop up/promote terrible iterations of Star Trek.

100% agree, I wouldn't pick these up if you paid me

You don't have to. They're free. Take them or leave them - it isn't like they're being forced on you, so this is a total non-issue and completely not worth complaining about.

Yes correct they are free and it's not being forced on me, I'm simply expressing my dislike of current Trek as is my right to do so, as if your right to like it.

• Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Has this cartoon even got the broadcasters nailed down for outside the US?
  • Options
    excalibanexcaliban Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Can we have freebies of characters we actually want? Like the crew of The Orville! :smiley:
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User

Much like any other Star Trek things, it's not available outside of the US.

They removed Star Trek from Netflix because they wanted people to use the CBS service, but that's only for the US.. So they brought Star Trek back to Netflix but not all of it.. Just a number of the series and seasons.

So I just bought the Blue-Ray and DVD boxset releases instead, these contains all the episodes.. It also has tons of deleted scenes and a few extended episodes, so its overall better.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    balarick wrote: »
    I think you meant that the med bay is *understaffed,* right? "Overstaffed" implies you have doctors and nurses to spare.

No, I'm pretty sure, given the context of the show and these duty officers, overstaffed is the right word -- lots of red shirts who would very much like there to be a glut of available medical personnel for when they inevitably end up in the med bay.

Or do you go to hospitals without a full compliment (or more) of medical staff when you're sick or injured? Because that would be an odd choice, for sure.

No, overstaffed means you have too many. To give a real example, it was a major issue with the idiotic lockdowns, where many hospitals basically had to shut down because almost no one had the virus and everyone else was not coming in for other issues. Those places saw actual layoffs of doctors and nurses.
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    tasshena wrote: »
    Wow, an Orion doff without Seductive as a trait, that's kinda rare for STO :p And here I thought the push would be to wave Tendi around as a reason to allow the same thing that was done for Worf. After all, you can for a fee play Klingons on fedside. Why not Orions if the show supports it? :p​​

Already possible, and has been for ages. When a Feddie captain gets the Diplomacy DOFF Commendation to level 4, he/she/it can choose one BOFF from KDF side, including Orion. Likewise, when a KDF captain gets the Marauding DOFF Commendation to level 4, he/she/it can choose one BOFF from Fed side.

My Fed Sci Captain, (well, Admiral actually, but we call them all captains, don't we?), has had an Orion BOFF on her away team for years, and she is insanely useful. Not to mention smokin' hot ;)
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Bah, feddybear only

I'm actually surprised they didn't come up with a KDF cartoon version of doffs just to even things out. That wouldn't have been to much effort really I'd think. Imagine a Gorn, Nausican, Klingon, and Orion instead of the Fed list. Not to hard really and the Gorn could have had nerd glasses and a propeller beanie hat.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,019 Community Moderator
    nimbull wrote: »
    I'm actually surprised they didn't come up with a KDF cartoon version of doffs just to even things out. That wouldn't have been to much effort really I'd think. Imagine a Gorn, Nausican, Klingon, and Orion instead of the Fed list. Not to hard really and the Gorn could have had nerd glasses and a propeller beanie hat.

Odds are any KDF equivelent of the Lower Decks characters would have been executed for incompetence.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    excaliban wrote: »
    Can we have freebies of characters we actually want? Like the crew of The Orville! :smiley:

<3

• Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    tasshena wrote: »
    Wow, an Orion doff without Seductive as a trait, that's kinda rare for STO :p And here I thought the push would be to wave Tendi around as a reason to allow the same thing that was done for Worf. After all, you can for a fee play Klingons on fedside. Why not Orions if the show supports it? :p

Already possible, and has been for ages. When a Feddie captain gets the Diplomacy DOFF Commendation to level 4, he/she/it can choose one BOFF from KDF side, including Orion. Likewise, when a KDF captain gets the Marauding DOFF Commendation to level 4, he/she/it can choose one BOFF from Fed side.

My Fed Sci Captain, (well, Admiral actually, but we call them all captains, don't we?), has had an Orion BOFF on her away team for years, and she is insanely useful. Not to mention smokin' hot ;)

I'm not talking about just boffs. I KNOW we can get orion boffs from diplomacy. I meant an Orion playable captain. :p

Also, THIS, totally! :D
    rattler2 wrote: »

Odds are any KDF equivelent of the Lower Decks characters would have been executed for incompetence.
    ​​
  • Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    These unique powers are actually not bad. I can totally see using Mariner as her ability actually triggers off of Tactical Team and I use that in every build.
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG2bQJ3Xlac

Nope teehee
  • Options
    stocostumes#8412 stocostumes Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Lowe Decks crew reporting for duty!

https://imgur.com/a/vyD48db
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Any time limit on claim by date for these DOs? From the wording it looks to be going forward for any Fed toon? Sort of like the Admiralty card for the USS Sally Ride,
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Since they're named characters the KDF version will also be named characters. And they're going to a Klingon planet in one of the early eps so... maybe soon?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    update: green Duty officers that can NOT be ground down to common or combined with other greens to get a Blue Duty Officer. Still need to check to see if you can send em away on a duty mission in the Alpha Quad to possibly get a random DO.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    update: green Duty officers that can NOT be ground down to common or combined with other greens to get a Blue Duty Officer. Still need to check to see if you can send em away on a duty mission in the Alpha Quad to possibly get a random DO.
    If they can be reclaimed for free from the Z-store you can't grind them.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    tigeraries wrote: »
    If they can be reclaimed for free from the Z-store you can't grind them.

I dont think they can be reclaimed... it's claim once per character based on what I saw on the zen store.
  • Options
    tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    Yea...

The STLD DOffs are a once claimed per Feddie Character. Plus you need to have four open roster spots or you can't claim them.
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    I got em, and I like em.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    zolgearzolgear Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    excaliban wrote: »

Sure, just post a request to the Orville Online devs... oh wait.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Adding the Cast of the Orville (rights owned by Fox or the production company) or that of Galaxy Quest (rights owned by Dreamworks) is most likely gonna happen when owners of Cryptic deside they're bored at having money and want to perform corporate suicide at most flashy way possible.

Neither of those are part of the Star Trek IP or the license Cryptic has. To add those items Cryptic would have to negotiate with the IP holders for Orville (or Galaxy Quest) for permission to use those their IP and with CBS to be able to add them to their IP.

That's the thing Cryptic doesn't own all sort of Trek(ish) IPs so they could what ever they want, but rather they're limited by their License.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    volticua wrote: »
    What's about kdf? Klingon year pass and gone?

Nope. Klingons will be getting more revamped content and stuff later. This is just a tie in to the release of Star Trek: Lower Decks.
    They did something similar with Discovery (Uniforms), Picard (Seven's outfit and hair), and the Kelvin Timeline (Admiral's uniform).

Star Trek: Lower Decks trailer shown a Klingon settlement/outpost (?), maybe we'll get KDF-aligned Duty Officers from that episode when it debuts?
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I'm hoping the uniforms (including the Admiral's uniform) are made available for players, as well as the hairstyles.

I wonder if Boimler became a captain of the U.S.S. Cerritios (I can't remember if that's how to spell the ship name or not) by the time we got to captain our first ship? Would 30 years experience be enough for his promotion?
This discussion has been closed.