test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Event Schedule is blank

pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
The Summer Event schedule in the HUD display was working just fine this morning, but when I came back this evening, it is completely blank on all my characters. Am I the only one? I'm surprised I couldn't find this topic already mentioned.

Comments

• treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    I am having the same problem.
  • siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    Oh well, an event without game-breaking bugs just wouldn't be the same...
  • lemminger83lemminger83 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    I can confirm this issue.
    qc13grtl44vw.png
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Thank you, all, for confirming. It functionally breaks the event; you have no way to know when things are happening. You don't even have enough time if you sit and wait for the "next" event because you only have 60 seconds and it's starting by the time you get your S*** together.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    Hopefully, should there be maintenance this Thursday this will be fixed.
  • spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    Same problem here. Also, for the first time ever, I can't hear the music during the Dance Party event. I have not changed my audio settings since last year!
  • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I am also having the same problem along with a number of fleet mates.
  • divvydenddivvydend Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    This has happened each year at the start of the event and Cryptic carry out a fix. Looks like they keep forgetting to change the event code to get rid of the problem.
  • nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    It's definately widespread. Shows the event box-but it's empty.
  • paulda73paulda73 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I too am having the same issue, it is damn annoying and yesterday it worked today it does not and as yesterday I did the dance contects and the thing did not show up in the mission list to the right and below the mini map..

Also what is it with it being sunset on Risa? It is usually high noon?
  • parish#5017 parish Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Timer or? is broken, just summer event and no dropdown
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    I've found that sometimes you can open your Journal (default to J) to temporarily get the timer back.

But yeah, I noticed the timer for the April Winter Wonderland this year was similarly borked.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    yes its broken for me and fleeties too, sometimes pressing J a few times shows you the current event but mostly not
    • Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
    • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
    • History will never forget the name "InvalidEntityName"
  • apollopldapollopld Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I too am getting the same issue
  • xenovitaxenovita Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Confirming same issue...
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • borg72#8115 borg72 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Mine blank too
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2020
    Yea I noticed it too first thing Wednesday, it worked fine on Tuesday oddly enough.

@ambassadorkael#6946
    0zxlclk.png
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    Yep! It's broken! Just like with the people running at super speeds in Powerboard Race and Biathlon and even through the air to beat people with the fastest floaters and boards!
  • alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I have the same issue. Was fine yesterday. Completed a dance party. Did NOT get event progress.
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I can also confirm it was working yesterday (tuesday) but not today (wednesday). It started some time last night.
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Yup, it's broken.

tenor.gif?itemid=17180217
    1xe027q.png
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    It's nice that there are other events to do for the ship, but it's kinda hard to choose one when the timer is broken. How about a static timer saying A at :15, B at :30 etc?
  • stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I reported it to a GM and on Reddit last night. 11pm PST is when it ran out, the list actually shrank the hour before that as it stopped adding new events. Artifacts was the last one and Dance was the first unlisted one, which kind of makes sense as Dance is supposedly the first event in the cycle.

Naturally the GM asked if I'd turned it off and back on.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    This happened to me after my character re-appeared on Risa after using the Patrol feature. It hasn't returned after leaving and returning Risa's map through going to sector map.
  • zateron#9297 zateron Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    12 hours and counting Summer Event Tracker busted, making it extremely difficult to time manage what to play when.
    I'm really aggravated with it.

Waited an extra month for Summer Event, with busted event ticker.

No signs of repair on the way. Truly disappointed.

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Same problem here. Also, for the first time ever, I can't hear the music during the Dance Party event. I have not changed my audio settings since last year!

The music level is actually controlled by the ambient slider in your audio menu. Do you have that turned down?
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    @darkbladejk Can we see that this gets fixed if no one is already aware of it? Thx!
    1xe027q.png
  • megainexoros#5925 megainexoros Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Yay, so it's not just me.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    I was not online when it happened, but saw my wife's screen when she was on Risa. A Dev came in to say that the timer is a known issue and the head programmer is hacking away at it as we speak.

And also that the environment waves coming off the ship are misaligned. I'd assume that means they'll show up closer to the ship's current ground-view scale after a patch.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!