test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A possible new race?

Now I received a lot of constructive criticism on my last idea so for this one I will implement some of those pieces here.

Now if you want to see the features that this would add, please check out my last post which contains all but 2 of the features that this one contains. Those features are which groups you can choose this race on, the Dominion and Federation. And the ability to have full character customization abilitys.

Feel free to offer constructive criticism on this post so I can refine my idea further.

Comments

• Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    Now I received a lot of constructive criticism on my last idea so for this one I will implement some of those pieces here.

Now if you want to see the features that this would add, please check out my last post which contains all but 2 of the features that this one contains. Those features are which groups you can choose this race on, the Dominion and Federation. And the ability to have full character customization abilitys.

Feel free to offer constructive criticism on this post so I can refine my idea further.

If you want players to check out your last post. How about linking it.
  • Options
    bobthewise16#3839 bobthewise16 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Here is the original idea with changes to fit my current vision of said idea.

This feature would add new combat moves, quite a few character creation settings, and a new changeling race. My explanation will consist of three parts, 1. Character creation, 2. Combat, and 3. New non-combat abilitys.

1. While in character creator/tailor you will have access to 2 new things, the uniform is a slightly costomizable reskin of the string bikini/wetsuit that looks like it's made of changeling biomater. Note this IS a uniform not beachwear, it can customized to look like it's made of liquid gold or silver. The other thing is a new skin tone to look like gold or silver as well as those metals liquid states, this would also apply to the colour of your characters biomatter when in the liquid form. The choice to have a changeling character will be presented to the player once they reach level 65. Note: opon reaching level 65 the player will be presented with a setting on tbe screen, "would you like to change your characters species to a changeling, this will put you through a short tutorial where you can learn what powers this species has".

2. here's what'll happen in regards to combat, you'll only be able to have one weapon at a time, your armour slot has an armour called "changeling form"(more on this later) that levels up as you do, your other weapon slot has "changeling tentacles" these attacks(on Ps4 controls) are right trigger= strike(this counts as a ranged atack) right bumper= envelope(this won't work on changelings in there second form) and the "O" button= lash(the attack that knocks you back). Also you'll have immunity to melee damage changeling pool and choking mist.

3. The ability as noted at above called "changeling form" functions similar to an EV suit(i.e. being able to survive harsh environments but not allowing you to roket aroung space), activated by the kit select menu, while active this ability will no longer alow you to jump, have a 10% slower movement speed, and you take increased ranged damage.

NOTE, this is all just an idea that I would like to see implemented and it is only usable by the race added.
    NOTE, this species will only be accessed by federation and Dominion.
    Post edited by bobthewise16#3839 on
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Changelings are way too OP, they'll have to start the game at level 60 just like the Jem'Hadar.
  • Options
    > @paradox#7391 said:
    > Changelings are way too OP, they'll have to start the game at level 60 just like the Jem'Hadar.

That makes a lot of sense, I agree but for the federation when you reach level 60 you'll have the choice to change your race to a changeling gender would stay the same as the original character but the race would change to a changeling.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    I would rather Changelings just be added to the Dominion faction than to the Federation.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    sthe91 wrote: »
    I would rather Changelings just be added to the Dominion faction than to the Federation.

also add Vorta to that list
  • Options
    > @sthe91 said:
    > I would rather Changelings just be added to the Dominion faction than to the Federation.

While this in universe is true, you should whatch ds9 if you haven't already, but if you have remember odo?
  • Options
    > @sthe91 said:
    > I would rather Changelings just be added to the Dominion faction than to the Federation.

While this in universe is true, you should whatch ds9 if you haven't already, but if you have remember odo?

Odo is in charge of the current Dominion, but he would be more likely to ally with the Feds than the KDF.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    > @sthe91 said:

I have watched DS9. I remember Odo but again would any other Changelings/Founders besides himself join or ally with the Federation? I would rather the Changelings be part of the Dominion faction. The Federation already has a lot.
  • Options
    > @sthe91 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I have watched DS9. I remember Odo but again would any other Changelings/Founders besides himself join or ally with the Federation? I would rather the Changelings be part of the Dominion faction. The Federation already has a lot.

It does but that's the point of the federation, to be accepting of all species that it comes into contact with. My choice to have the changeling be accessible to both Dominion and Federation stands.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    And my decision to have the Changelings accessible to the Dominion and not to the Federation also stands until canon shows otherwise besides Odo. What I would accept though is that the Changeling could if they so desired just be part of the Dominion or have an alliance with the Federation or KDF. But I would not support adding Changelings to the Federation faction.
  • Options
    sthe91 wrote: »
    And my decision to have the Changelings accessible to the Dominion and not to the Federation also stands until canon shows otherwise besides Odo. What I would accept though is that the Changeling could if they so desired just be part of the Dominion or have an alliance with the Federation or KDF. But I would not support adding Changelings to the Federation faction.

I have to agree with sthe91, Odo seems to be the only Fed aligned Changeling, every other Changeling fears and hates solids even the game makes that clear, it makes no sense for them to be Feds.