test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My player wont visibly dance (or do any other emotes like push-ups).

wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 392 Arc User
I have a newly created character that does not move to emotes.

They still give the emote message, and in Risa dance, they get credit for each emote, but I do not actually see my character move, they just stand still for any emote (not just dances).

In my account I have like 12 characters and at least 3 have this issue.

I don't think it would be corrupt files or I would expect problem to affect all characters.

The character I'm using today is just 2 weeks old, and while you may argue that "klingons dont dance", I cant do other emotes either.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Also, I'm not sure if it is just me that does not see the moving, or if nobody sees the moving.

Comments

• ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    That is a bizarre one. Can you send me your character name and your @handle?
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    That is a bizarre one. Can you send me your character name and your @handle?

The character is Adramahlikh@Ratblaster

However, the issue is not occurring now. While character was on Risa for dance competition today, emote messages would appear in dialog box, but character would not move during emotes.

I just now moved character to starship bridge and they could dance normally.

I then transferred back down to risa, and can dance on Risa now.

So the issue appears to have been limited to occurring within a single Risa session.
    At that time today, other players in the same dance competition had no problems moving, so it was not a zonewide issue.

Also, this is not the first time this has occurred to me. It happened last summer also to a couple of characters during prior risa event...THose same characters I just now tested on starship bridges and they could move to emotes without problems.

So I'm not sure what is causing the issue..next time it happens, I'll beam up/down and see if that fixes it.