Free 'LOWER DECKS' doffs tomorrow!

thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    Free stuff is always good.

Unfortunately it seems the trend is to give us free stuff simply to prop up/promote terrible iterations of Star Trek.
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    Well at least we're getting them appropriately right as DOffs...

As to their Active abilities...
    Without knowing the percent chance, all but Mariner's seem usable, to some extent.

Now I wonder how long it'll be 'till we see the STLD uniforms and Rutherford's eye accessory character available...?
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    One could say what goes on in the lower decks stays in the lower decks but that isn't always the case especially when you involve a "monster of the week".
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    tymersto wrote: »
    Now I wonder how long it'll be 'till we see the STLD uniforms and Rutherford's eye accessory character available...?
    As for the eye accessory (and hairstyles)... I hope they didn't get lazy and render the heads as unique one-piece models...
  • khaniris#5451 khaniris Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I wonder if they will add the California Class? And is this that image a possible tease for that?
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Free stuff is always good.

Unfortunately it seems the trend is to give us free stuff simply to prop up/promote terrible iterations of Star Trek.

I haven't watched Lower Decks yet, but it looks like expectations are set too high for comedy cartoons. It's not as if it was meant to be the next Akira or Gundam.

As for other recent shows, it's as good as we're going to get for the foreseeable future.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,948 Community Moderator
    *fidgets*
    Want...

Uniforms...
    *fidgets*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Cool.

Now make bridge officers! ;)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2020
    Yea, I was surprised they were Uncommon quality, given the Show is based common officers doing more essential work, on a far less popular vessel. Though I'm sure ever Crew even their has a few special or more gifted Officer's, just as we all have special gifts or talents.

It be great to see Uniforms at some point, in some form or fashion. I've wondered as the series launches this week, if it might even spawn or inspire a few other Lower Deck items as well.

Still I'm going to try to enjoy the show, even if it's got a comic twist or spin to it; and am still greatly anticipating it, as many are just happy to see more Star Trek options!
    0zxlclk.png
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    With Discovery I'm enjoying the series overall, S2 was better than S1 imo but the second time I binged S1 it wasn't as bad as I had remembered. With the Picard series I enjoyed it better, but found the finale lackluster. I just haven't been able to become hyped for this Lower Decks not sure if that's because it is a cartoon or something else.

Regardless, many thanks to Cryptic for the free DOFFs! Good useful DOFFs & Specialization Points I always struggle to obtain so this is welcomed.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,498 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    strathkin wrote: »
    Yea, I was surprised they were Uncommon quality, given the Show is based common officers doing more essential work, on a far less popular vessel. Though I'm sure ever Crew even their has a few special or more gifted Officer's, just as we all have special gifts or talents.

Common doffs can die on missions, so people would be afraid to use them. Uncommon are still as common as dirt, so they aren't special.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,295 Arc User
    Still not entirely sure this is not somehow related to April 1st.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    What is not clear is if this will be char o account unlock... should be account... so i dont have to claim them on all my chars... because that will take a LONG time, but didn't find any information of that and if it is reclaimable..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    Odds are it will be an account unlock. I still got that Niel Falconer DOff, as well as access to I think Ang the Vicious from back when they tested Nukara Prime.
    And Cryptic has moved away from the character unlocks for these giveaways.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    What's about kdf? Klingon year pass and gone?
    volticua wrote: »

Nope. Klingons will be getting more revamped content and stuff later. This is just a tie in to the release of Star Trek: Lower Decks.
    They did something similar with Discovery (Uniforms), Picard (Seven's outfit and hair), and the Kelvin Timeline (Admiral's uniform).
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Noted this line: "Our med bay is already overstaffed, ok?"

Over staffed means you have more medics than you need... or maybe more medics than the facility has room for...
    tymersto wrote: »
    Well at least we're getting them appropriately right as DOffs...

As to their Active abilities...
    Without knowing the percent chance, all but Mariner's seem usable, to some extent.
    Even Mariner's TBH. on, off, on, off, on. so you end with SS, and if you're taking fire the blinking might absorb a few hits too.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    Wow, an Orion doff without Seductive as a trait, that's kinda rare for STO :p And here I thought the push would be to wave Tendi around as a reason to allow the same thing that was done for Worf. After all, you can for a fee play Klingons on fedside. Why not Orions if the show supports it? :p​​
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,475 Arc User
    For you lot asking about the Uniform. Ambassador Kael responded in a reddit/sto thread regarding it.

"We plan to do the uniform, but this is the giveaway for the show because this is what we could do with the time we had. :)"

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/i2zmxx/the_characters_of_star_trek_lower_decks_are/g08set0?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

pjxgwS8.jpg
  • powskierpowskier Member Posts: 67 Arc User

totally..year of theKlingon! ..STO awards free Fed Freaks
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,382 Arc User
    powskier wrote: »

We are not even done with the year. We already have Year of the Klingon Part 1, more is coming soon. Also, what do you have against the Federation? They are not freaks.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,475 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »

We are not even done with the year. We already have Year of the Klingon Part 1, more is coming soon. Also, what do you have against the Federation? They are not freaks.

I think he is implying that the year of the Klingon should be exclusive for Klingons. Nothing at all additional for Federation, Romulan or Jemmie's in any shape or form.

Which if that's it, is plain stupid.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,498 Arc User

Kahless knew to come in out of the rain.

Kahless would not bankrupt Cryptic by driving away the 70% of players who prefer Federation content.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    green doffs? hope I can grind em down to common for use.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    tigeraries wrote: »

I would have thought blue, because they are the kind of rare idiots who survive their own stupidity by sheer luck :lol:

Anyway, getting free doffs is great, especially since at least three of my newer characters got hit with the no initial crew bug (talking to the Caitian or the Klingon who usually gives them produces nothing) so their crews started out as just the cadet event ones, a few c-store doff packs I had stacked up from a previous giveaway or bought, or the occasional one mailed from another character, whichever I had available.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    westmetals wrote: »

I would have thought blue, because they are the kind of rare idiots who survive their own stupidity by sheer luck :lol:

Anyway, getting free doffs is great, especially since at least three of my newer characters got hit with the no initial crew bug (talking to the Caitian or the Klingon who usually gives them produces nothing) so their crews started out as just the cadet event ones, a few c-store doff packs I had stacked up from a previous giveaway or bought, or the occasional one mailed from another character, whichever I had available.

FYI you can also buy randomly-generated and mailable DOFFs with fleet credits.

True, though I am not in that much of a hurry so I am just doing the regular personnel officer recruitment stuff and passing along extras from other characters as needed. I had enough in the packs and whatnot to at least get R&D going and a few of the space and ground things running, and I would have used the packs to bolster their crews anyway.
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,756 Arc User
    edited August 2020
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

The actual starting crew doffs stink anyways(1 green and 15 commons I think?). I can throw together a better starter bundle from extras on other characters. At least that'd be green or better.

I like the joke of making these green quality. they're the only named uniques that are green :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Bah, feddybear only
This discussion has been closed.