test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer Event 2020 - August 4 RETURN TO RISA!!!

Comments

• Options
    sci321sci321 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    The part about the ship's trait that really sticks out to me is not the damage, but the +30 ALL subsystem power for allies. For reference, just one rank 2 Emergency Power ability gives the same amount of power to ONE subsystem, and their shared cooldown makes it impossible to have all four active at once.

Therefore, just by staying within 5 Km of an anomaly from someone with this ship's trait, you basically have ALL FOUR rank 2 Emergency Power abilities active simultaneously. Depending on weather or not this stacks per anomaly, this could lead to entire teams constantly having maxed out power levels.
    Post edited by sci321 on
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »
    they already said it does not have a new interior... we basically don't get new interiors anymore. not that we got them much in the first place.

Getting a new interior never even enters my mind anymore. :D
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    sci321 wrote: »
    Depending on weather or not this stacks per anomaly..

I see what you did there - nice pun!

• Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    The event ships make up a large percentage of the total Science ships available to KDF, let's not forget that point.

I compare this ship to the other Science Vessel event ships, like the Flying Dorito, and the Kremin Science Vessel. It seems to me there's another I should be mentioning, but I can't login and look right now. The KSV was a killer for sure, but it's turn rate of 10 made it a bit of a pig. I am concerned that this new RWC with a turn rate of 12 isn't going to be nimble enough to make me happy.
  • Options
    jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    I was watching the recorded stream video of them showing of the new risa ship for the event and I'm not sure if I have heard right but did they mention some thing about a new enterprise ship or a new ship that they are going to release?
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    I preferred the Risa Ship Design with Island Dome. Ah well. The Ship Trait will be useful, though. I have a character who specializes in modified anomalies; it will fit with them.

Next year, could we get a different sport? We have had baseball for a while now. Archer was all about Water Polo. We could do that. Volleyball is a summer sport.
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    jslyn wrote: »
    I preferred the Risa Ship Design with Island Dome. Ah well. The Ship Trait will be useful, though. I have a character who specializes in modified anomalies; it will fit with them.

Next year, could we get a different sport? We have had baseball for a while now. Archer was all about Water Polo. We could do that. Volleyball is a summer sport.

I'd expect them to use them all. Why would they toss out 3 other designs w/o using them? (well, unless one of them got really low votes. They might skip that one.)
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    At least two Lukari contenders have been used later on, next to the contest winner. So I assune we'll see at least the runner-up design (the Envirodome one I think) used next year.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    jslyn wrote: »
    I'd love to, but there's clearly a baseball fanatic in the dev team, so the not-funny-at-all running gag will go on for years to come even if baseball is gratuitous and has no logical connection here.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Take_Me_Out_to_the_Holosuite_(episode)

Yup, nothing to do with it at all. even before that Sisko mentioned of it, and had a ball on his desk through the entirety of the show. :p In fact, he put the baseball on his desk and mentioned going to a game sometime, right in the very first episode!

And volleyball won't be as good as people 'want' it, it'll generate complaint until/unless they bug the game up further trying to add bounce physics to female body types. I'm sure you realize that?​​
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    *looks at new universal endeavor*

I can actually think of one thing to add to Risa. Pitchable tents, that can be used anywhere on game. Particularly the Voth Battlezone, for all the people camping the rexes. :p ^_^​​
  • Options
    mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    tasshena wrote: »

I can actually think of one thing to add to Risa. Pitchable tents, that can be used anywhere on game. Particularly the Voth Battlezone, for all the people camping the rexes. :p ^_^

There are quite a number of summer sports that Devs could work to add to Risa. I believe that the main problem creating a group sports like "volleyball" or "soccer" would be hard to code. However, if they can come up with an activity that is solo like it is now in current events perhaps would be better.
    Something like:

Frisbee
    Golf
    swimming
    Skateboarding
    Biking

These should not be hard to code or add to Risa. Also, if we take winter event as an analogy there is already a precedent to make a group event aimed at killing a boss (Snowborg Queen/Snowman Overlord/snowman) so perhaps they can do the same if everyone in Risa attacks (using waterguns or similar) the main boss (M113 or salt vampires, mugatos or dewan arthropods).

There is so much out there they can still make it work...hope something else will come next summer.​​
  • Options
    willriker#6685 willriker Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Hey guys, I used to play STO years ago when it first started, so had to create a new account now... Anyway, I'm having trouble finding the minigames on Risa- I've been walking around for hours (real time!) and can't find the Lohlunat festival, nothing... I'm only lvl 10 but that shouldnt be a problem right?
    Pls any help would be much appreciated :smile:
    LLAP
  • Options
    > @westmetals said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > The festival does not start until after the maintenance period that is scheduled tomorrow morning. ;)

OK fair enough, but what about all the minigames which should normally be there..? It' not available now?

And thanks a lot for the reply :)
  • Options
    Ahh OK i had no idea ...

I played STO about ten yrs ago, when it first came out. It had so many bugs, and kept crushing all the time.. I couldn't even pass through the first missions.
    Well, I'd love to access my old acc but I'm somewhat unsuccessful.
    LLAP
  • Options
    Wonder if this will start with no issues? Bring on those bikinis.​​
  • Options
    sacdragonsacdragon Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    They're giving us band tees but NOT making one a Caitian screech metal band that Kyona talked about in the First Contact Day blog? They could even make it a parody of kiss by naming them "H.I.S.S." Cats even have those wicked fur patterns from Ferasans, it's the perfect idea!

I can always hope for next year.

^ This. So much this. I would pay unholy sums for THAT merch! LOL And as for the games everyone seems to be complaining about, I say we bring back good old fashioned drinking games! After all, what vacation would ever be complete without getting completely hammered, hitting on what appear to be extremely fine members of the opposite sex, and waking up in a basement? Oh, wait... :wink:

• Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    westmetals wrote: »
    The event ships make up a large percentage of the total Science ships available to KDF, let's not forget that point.

I compare this ship to the other Science Vessel event ships, like the Flying Dorito, and the Kremin Science Vessel. It seems to me there's another I should be mentioning, but I can't login and look right now. The KSV was a killer for sure, but it's turn rate of 10 made it a bit of a pig. I am concerned that this new RWC with a turn rate of 12 isn't going to be nimble enough to make me happy.

Doesn't the blog say 17? (The 12 I mentioned was the Intrepid that I was comparing to.)

Oh, hey, that's great! I don't have a link to the blog, but 17 will be fantastic!
    *************edit********************
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11476653

Yes, indeed, it is 17 turn rate! All around, this looks like a nice little ship. I just hope it is actually little. I like small ships because they block less of my view. (The Vo'Quv is/was the ultimate example of a nice ship that's almost unplayably huge)

/happydance
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »
    BTW anything more than just rumors about the "spa/beachside, swimsuit compatible ship interior"? A new admiralty card is neat but such a thing as a general all Risa ships unlock would be the must have real deal. The generic bridge/interior for these summer flair joyrides is just... weird. Double on KDF.

they already said it does not have a new interior... we basically don't get new interiors anymore. not that we got them much in the first place.

One of the bigger let downs of the game really. Then again there are so many other issues with the game that this is really pie in the sky now since it's been easier to cut things from the game then actually fix and enhance stuff.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    tasshena wrote: »

I can actually think of one thing to add to Risa. Pitchable tents, that can be used anywhere on game. Particularly the Voth Battlezone, for all the people camping the rexes. :p ^_^

There are quite a number of summer sports that Devs could work to add to Risa. I believe that the main problem creating a group sports like "volleyball" or "soccer" would be hard to code. However, if they can come up with an activity that is solo like it is now in current events perhaps would be better.
    Something like:

Frisbee
    Golf
    swimming
    Skateboarding
    Biking

These should not be hard to code or add to Risa. Also, if we take winter event as an analogy there is already a precedent to make a group event aimed at killing a boss (Snowborg Queen/Snowman Overlord/snowman) so perhaps they can do the same if everyone in Risa attacks (using waterguns or similar) the main boss (M113 or salt vampires, mugatos or dewan arthropods).

There is so much out there they can still make it work...hope something else will come next summer.
    • Biking and Golf would be problematic given the size of the map and how compact it is;
    • Skateboarding would only require copy and pasting the Overboard code and making slight adjustment, inverting ground and water;
    • Frisbee is a great idea that would only takes a few seconds to code, they'd only need to copy and past the Baseball pitching and change the baseball visual for a frisbee;
    • As someone else pointed out, swimming and diving would also take seconds to add as a sister game by Cryptic sharing the same engine already has it. Current underwater would be disappointing, but given the miracle the art team did with Pahvo Dissension, I'm pretty sure they could work on underwater reefs and corals in a reasonable time, should they want to.

Yep! there is a lot more they could do if they are willing to. Hopefully, they will listen to add something else besides baseball related stuff.​​
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I am a bit annoyed that the buyout option uses lobi. A nice big middle finger to me since I don't have 1000 lobi and can only get enough at the cost of about 200 keys... Talk about an expensive as hell event buyout.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    garaffe wrote: »
    I am a bit annoyed that the buyout option uses lobi. A nice big middle finger to me since I don't have 1000 lobi and can only get enough at the cost of about 200 keys... Talk about an expensive as hell event buyout.

The summer & winter event "buyouts" have been lobi since before there were event buyouts. (i.e, when you needed to collect 1000 tickets, you could buy boxes of random tickets for lobi. And yeah, it was always a huge amount. And yet, there'd always be someone flying the new season's ship around on day 1. There's some bulk-lockbox-opening folks out there with vast piles of lobi sitting around.)

edit: I wonder if part of the reason we don't get more swimwear is that it would mostly be a female-character-focused thing, rather than unisex like the last few years have been. (yes, there's plenty of more styles of female swimwear they could make, but guys would be stuck with what? more shorts?)
    Post edited by kiralyn on
This discussion has been closed.