test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Afterlife - Assault on Boreth

13»

Comments

• unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I definitely feel everyone's frustration with this, but I have a hunch that one of the primary reasons for the delay in fixing it might be due to the upcoming Summer Event. If you look at the Patch Notes prior to ANY major event, they'll always be extremely light. It's very possible that all of the Devs are caught in Crunch Mode in an effort to get the upcoming event ready for release. My guess is that this bug could be fixed anytime within the next couple of weeks after the Summer Event is released.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    razartrek1 wrote: »
    razartrek1 wrote: »
    4 weeks and this is still being completely ignored not looked into. How sad

There's no money in it...so it won't ever get fixed. Cryptic only seems interested in fixing bugs that costs them actual revenue.
    They spent time,manpower and money to actually do all changes to KDF stuff. Regardless thats not really an excuse not to fix very important story mission. Just pure laziness not caring

This is not pure laziness nor caring. Remember the Summer Event is coming up on Tuesday.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • larrthorlarrthor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    submitted my own request to fix. Uggg I wanna see how this pans out and not skip it.
  • scott#2577 scott Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Well, it's Friday August 14, and I can report the same problem. Can't target or attack the 3rd Fek'liri group of ships
    I'm putting my KDF toon on hiatus until this is fixed...
  • valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I just had this happen to my new Klingon as well.
  • aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    Still bugged.
    They did a patch today, 8-20... Here are the patch notes.

Resolved an issue that was preventing a successful upgrade when using an Ultimate Upgrade with an Accelerator.
    Updated the Portraits of the Lower Decks Duty Officers to directly match the art from the show.
    Nanopulse "Son of None" weapons now have bolt hues that match their blade hues.
    This affects both NPC and Player versions.

HOW ABOUT FIXING SOMETHING THAT MATTERS, LIKE THIS QUEST???

• scudgerscudger Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    still bugged
  • aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    guljarol wrote: »
    Add me to the people who had this problem too.

I managed to progress by using AOE attacks that didn't require targets, and slowly destroyed them all.

Same, I gassed them with Eject Warp Plasma several times. Still it should not go on broken for this long.

It should not be broken this long.

• reman1701reman1701 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    As of 9/5/20 this anomaly is still in effect.

In my case I spent a considerable number of hours trying to find a work'around and in doing so discovered the nature of the issue. This is not a bug or glitch and must be addressed in a different way.

So far I have managed to destroy one of those three but it took a great deal of flying around.

This was on a Klingon destroyer with battle cloak.

I will describe the issue in detail because it seems the Devs may(?) not know where the real trouble is.

The problem is that the spawn points, pathing and tether distance were all wrong from the start.

There is a barrier that does not allow combat or targeting near any planet. Or better stated where combat routines and targeting will not function. It is in this region that these three buggers are exploiting players. I know, I know, but as weird as it sounds it's the truth. Because of the game space these three ships occupy their ai actually allows them to take advantage of this dead zone. They can fire and engage their combat script routines but players can not.

The solution is to move their spawn points and change their pathing, the tether returns them to both so it's not directly the issue.

So...

Until the Devs make those changes here is a possible solution. But it will take a lot of time and patience.

As I said, so far I have only managed to kill one using this method.

While cloaked I trail the ships. Eventually one of them will separate from the other two. What you need to do is get between that ship and the planet. Do not attack it until you have a target. While in this dead zone you will not be able to target these ships. I mean a target you can engage not just a selected target. The difference is that your weapon icons will go live, then you know you have a true target. The tricky part now will be to keep yourself between that ship and the planet so it can not reenter this dead zone.

The other two seem to be a little trickier. They don't seem to pull away from the planet far enough to engage. But I did manage to get one to chase me literally to the other side of the planet. There were points along the way where I was able to damage it but would not stay out of the dead zone long enough to destroy it. The problem again was the tether distance. Inevitably it returns to its spawn point and starts pathing in the dead zone again.

If anyone else has a better method, post here so I can try it. I was able to get mines to do some damage with the transport mines to target but the damage was so low it was easily mitigated by the npc. Maybe some AOE method? So far I was only able to destroy one with direct damage targeting.

EDIT:

Doh, just read above that someone used a gas aoe to get the job done. I'll give that a try.

Well, maybe some of what I learned can help the Devs reconfigure this instance.

Post edited by reman1701 on
  • talar#3988 talar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    As of September 7, I am having the same problem. I know some people have ways to around this, but I do not have a way to get rid of the 3rd group at Borath. Not sure how to report a bug, but I am on PC and I can't get through the Afterlife Space battle.
  • maples01#8904 maples01 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    damienoz72 wrote: »
    When you have to take out the three Fehkliri groups - one of them can't be targeted and so you can't complete that part of the mission.

Beautiful, I want all the money back that I've spent on this nightmare as they obviously can't seem to fix anything, 2 months later and this still exists, I should never have invested a dime, be it console or pc, this game is barely functional!
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    This might actually be a feature because the easiest method of this is owning the original T5 bortasqu' lol. So you can use the teleport console to teleport them out of the bugged out area and in into normal space. Takes one at a time to do it but it works its how I've helped people get thru it.
    Big updates on 9-8 and 9-10 and they still can't fix this, pathetic, glad I wasn't stupid enough to spend any money on this mess
  • aliceslick#4123 aliceslick Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    [

Until the Devs make those changes here is a possible solution. But it will take a lot of time and patience.

As I said, so far I have only managed to kill one using this method.

While cloaked I trail the ships. Eventually one of them will separate from the other two. What you need to do is get between that ship and the planet. Do not attack it until you have a target. While in this dead zone you will not be able to target these ships. I mean a target you can engage not just a selected target. The difference is that your weapon icons will go live, then you know you have a true target. The tricky part now will be to keep yourself between that ship and the planet so it can not reenter this dead zone.

The other two seem to be a little trickier. They don't seem to pull away from the planet far enough to engage. But I did manage to get one to chase me literally to the other side of the planet. There were points along the way where I was able to damage it but would not stay out of the dead zone long enough to destroy it. The problem again was the tether distance. Inevitably it returns to its spawn point and starts pathing in the dead zone again.

If anyone else has a better method, post here so I can try it. I was able to get mines to do some damage with the transport mines to target but the damage was so low it was easily mitigated by the npc. Maybe some AOE method? So far I was only able to destroy one with direct damage targeting.

EDIT:

Doh, just read above that someone used a gas aoe to get the job done. I'll give that a try.

Well, maybe some of what I learned can help the Devs reconfigure this instance.

[/quote]

so, for those of us who don't have an appropriate teleporting ability or anything, can anyone suggest a fix, or would someone who does have the apropriate abilities be willing to carry me through it? I don't want to skip it and I've gotten all my other characters up to the end of their storylines so it's pretty much stalled me out.

Any help or suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
    Alice
    New updates on 9-23, still not fixed...
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    scott#2577 wrote: »
    New updates on 9-23, still not fixed...

It was supposed to be fixed last week in the 9/17/20 patch notes. Did you try the mission out and is it still not fixed since then?
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    Finally working!