test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any chances of those KDF ships seen in AOY to own?

smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
Like the TOS raptors, the TOS Gorns and so on?

Would not mind this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geuKTASus0E
dvZq2Aj.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    No chance, that Gorn design is based on ADB's starfleet battles game, different license
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,493 Arc User
    No chance, that Gorn design is based on ADB's starfleet battles game, different license

The one in the Trekyards video? It does not look much like any of the SFB Gorn ships, and it was in the TOS Remastered series so it actually is canon and the property of CBS, not ADB. It was designed by the Okudas.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    I seem SIMILAR stuff in AoY
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User

The one in the Trekyards video? It does not look much like any of the SFB Gorn ships, and it was in the TOS Remastered series so it actually is canon and the property of CBS, not ADB. It was designed by the Okudas.

If you look at the ADB Gorn ships they have the saucer and over/under nacelle, the trekyards is a more modernised and expanded design but still basicly what SFB put out.

I can't speak for the legal side of things. But it is interesting that the SFB game, star fleet command, completely redesigned the Gorn and used the Klingon models from Klingon academy so who knows what the licensing thing is all about.

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,493 Arc User

If you look at the ADB Gorn ships they have the saucer and over/under nacelle, the trekyards is a more modernised and expanded design but still basicly what SFB put out.

I can't speak for the legal side of things. But it is interesting that the SFB game, star fleet command, completely redesigned the Gorn and used the Klingon models from Klingon academy so who knows what the licensing thing is all about.

The SFB ships were all two or three oblate spheroids strung together with bar-shaped hull sections, usually with a single engine on the top and often a second single engine attached to the bottom. None of them had much similarity to the Okuda ship at all.

Which Klingon ships are you talking about? I did not see any of the three and four engine D7s with twin forward torpedo tubes or anything else that Klingon Academy could claim was their unique design in STO so far, the greatest similarity are the canon ships that both use to some degree or another.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Gorn_starship

Is canon. Was designed for the remastered TOS episode, and fleshed out over time. Also that particular ship was modeled for Star Trek Attack Wing as well.

As for the argument regarding Gorn ships from SFB... they only had 2 nacelles in the over/under configuration, directly down the center line of the hull. Also the saucer was more organic in a way. A lot rounder vertically.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,823 Arc User
    edited August 2020

I mean heck, SFC was based on SFB and they couldn't even use the SFB models...SFB is based on the TOS era and SFC was based on the TMP era
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind them, especially the bridge setups those ships used. I'd snag em all and have TOS Klingon and Orion bridges.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
This discussion has been closed.