test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Melee Build Help

rykus83rykus83 Member Posts: 124 Arc User
Anyone have a build for using The Emperor's Sword?

Comments

• smi3thsmi3th Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    I actually was considering making a melee build out of a science character.

The concept would be that they would use Hypospray:Dyovelene to get a big boost to melee damage and then use Nanite Health Monitor to help keep you alive while you enter melee. Use Neural Neutralizer when you get mobbed to placate the foes near you, or possibly sonic pulse to push them back. Hypospray:Melorazine would help protect you from energy damage from enemies that are out of your reach. Vascular Regenerator is a heal that you can pop in advance and it also gives you damage resistance.

I haven't seriously tried this yet but it's been floating around in my mind for a while.

There is a terran rep trait that grants a bonus to melee damage and run speed, and there is a borg one that boosts melee damage as well. A number of races give a boost to melee; Vulcans, Romulans, Klingons, and Gorn come to mind.

If you are going with a Tactical character, Motion Accelerator, Rally Cry, and Target optics will all buff your melee damage. Since tactical characters can use Sweeping Strikes I don't usually bother too much with melee weapons on them, but having a melee weapon gives you space for a different kit module. Stealth could let you get close to your enemies before they start shooting.

Engineering doesn't seem to have much that gives synergy with melee weapons. Weapons malfunction will cause a lot of enemies to charge you in melee, and if they are coming towards you mines will deal damage before they reach you, meaning you could cut them down much easier when they reach you. Fighting near a medical generator or combat supply crate will probably help.

Don't forget to practice your sword combos. The emperor's sword can both expose and exploit, which is very nice.

Hope that's useful.