test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just a *small* moment of reflection

I'm just curious as to who's brainstorm was to have so many legs with tiny little ships versus huge ones? Yippee congrats you can pilot a new tier of ships! but the plot arc keeps you in a tiny runabout fighting Deridex or warbirds......to quote Tom Hanks from the movie "Big"......"I don't get it., what's fun about that?".

Comments

• eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Not sure I'l following, but I'll throw a few guesses out there.

When you get access to the next tier of ships, I assume you're claiming one at the ship vendor. Did you remember to select a new Active Starship at the Ship Selector (or on non-mission space maps)?

Because you should be able to fly your new ships immediately. Only reason you'd be in an old tier is if you forgot. And if you're in a Runabout in a mission that doesn't require Small Craft, then yeah, you need to swap to your main ship. Very few episodes require Small Craft.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    I'm just curious as to who's brainstorm was to have so many legs with tiny little ships versus huge ones? Yippee congrats you can pilot a new tier of ships! but the plot arc keeps you in a tiny runabout fighting Deridex or warbirds......to quote Tom Hanks from the movie "Big"......"I don't get it., what's fun about that?".

Like El said. There is only a very small amount of small-craft missions (thankfully).

Whats fun about that? Trying to get some absurd stuff on your flyer. I have fun equipping mine with a Hargh'peng launcher :D
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User

Like El said. There is only a very small amount of small-craft missions (thankfully).

Whats fun about that? Trying to get some absurd stuff on your flyer. I have fun equipping mine with a Hargh'peng launcher :D

Oh yeah, equipping your best end-game Set Pieces on a Runabout or LTS Captain's Yacht and taking it into the Atmospheric Assault TFO is quite satisfying. Lorca's Ambition DSC Reputation Weapons is a favorite.

But back on topic. Was OP able to get into the correct ship? @chaghagan#1062
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User

You need to use more engine power and slot anything that gives more defense and possibly torps if you are not using them already especially doing a torp spread can be more useful than any energy weapons. Anytime you see where it says miss its because the dice roll RNG in the background there was no enough accuracy to land the hit against your defense so its better to play to the strengths of the ship or small craft when using them. Although it is also a good reason why they need to grandfather all small craft into pilot stations though so an easier/healthier gameplay is given to small craft in my opinion anyways.