test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mudd's Market - Discussion and Feedback

1111213141517»

Comments

• titanhoss#9356 titanhoss Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Is it just me, or does every time something moves into the Mudd's market, the reclaim tab gets all wonky...
  • voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    are the mines or prios (spelling) sat any good from the market?

The mines are good if you like mines, but they're mines... so... you won't see a lot of use on most builds. The priors satellite is a useful console in so much as it gives bonus to energy damage and a reduction in weapon power cost- it can see a lot of use on energy weapon builds. The click power is mostly irrelevant.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    I remember when the Mudd's sales were 85% at one point. I know why they won't just drop these items that could originally be obtained for free down to a reasonable price but it's still not very consumer friendly.

It's very obvious that these items are overpriced just to sucker people out of obscene amounts of money off sale, and when on sale they use the patent-pending Fear Of Missing Out(TM) to make sure we don't wait until a better sale. As well, by making an 85% sale bring prices down to what they should be in the first place, they never have to give these items a *real* sale price. They'll never actually be on sale, only ever less overpriced (and even then, the "sales" they give us are becoming more sparse and significantly weaker deals as time goes on and people catch on). If the MM was priced even slightly fairly, they would have to put these items on sale with the rest of the store when they host those wide scale sales. They would have to put these items on sale for AN ACTUAL SALE PRICE, rather than what we have now: putting previously free items on """sale""" for a little bit less obscenely overpriced than before.

These anti-consumer business practices are just frustrating.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    As I stated a few times already, if they cut the List Price IN HALF, having a 60% Sale will have the Items/Bundles cost the same as with the doubled price under an 80% Sale.

It would provide some better PR and partially ameliorate the negative effects for people that can't take a hint from Mudd himself (for all that is Holy don't buy at List Price).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    As I stated a few times already, if they cut the List Price IN HALF, having a 60% Sale will have the Items/Bundles cost the same as with the doubled price under an 80% Sale.

It would provide some better PR and partially ameliorate the negative effects for people that can't take a hint from Mudd himself (for all that is Holy don't buy at List Price).

I don't mind admitting, I had to look-up the definition of: ameliorate
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    Is this still followed/viewed by the people in charge? Oh well, I just hope; hate squandering thought process and time wasted.

I write the following in the assumption that Cryptic wants the Mudd store to be the next big thing (Whale hunting wise) in STO in a possible fallout of gambling like mechanics. Either that or at least profitable side by side with the boxes.

Right now it is not engaging at all. It has a few fancy pictures and if one really, really wants a ship and or really, really want to et rid of excess zen it might work. Otherwise (my impression and own reaction) it is viewed as "meh". A big desperate "Give me your money!" sign. The idea of a chic special place to be for big spending without visiting Vegas is not a bad one though; 'specially in an FTP game. We do have the regular c-store stuff; faction ships, faction/account services mostly regular priced. And thats ok. But if you want some big coins with Mudds you need to make it extra sparkly IMO. Not a mere listing in the c-store. Sure, it can be there too but to swoon people for getting outside the regular zen comfort zone you need to make Mudds an actual place to be.

Make it a big entertainment park like space yard people can visit. Let them see the ships offered and be dwarfed by their scale; let them have test-drives via a mission simulator to get a feel for these; let it have booths for the non-ships stuff being showed off and interacted with in some form. Maybe have an occasional event with some small scale giveaways. Have some non MTX related activities so people might check on occasion and see new arrivals. Have Mudds be there in an office to talk with and make it more obvious that hes a legit business man who wants nothing to do with his mustache swirling ancestor. IMHO it will make a massive difference.

Turn it from this:

yacht-boat-websites-design-3.jpg

into this:

New%20York%20Homepage%20Hero%20image.jpg

e9ec1033153867.56a18a8f1fee3.jpg

Ask yourself; which of these places would make you more spend happy; or even at least want to be there for sightseeing even without the intend to spend something; some web-page you would probably not even visit if you where not looking for something specific or a fun looking place with a lot of stuff to see?
    Needs to be restickied.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    Is this still followed/viewed by the people in charge? Oh well, I just hope; hate squandering thought process and time wasted.

I write the following in the assumption that Cryptic wants the Mudd store to be the next big thing (Whale hunting wise) in STO in a possible fallout of gambling like mechanics. Either that or at least profitable side by side with the boxes.

Right now it is not engaging at all. It has a few fancy pictures and if one really, really wants a ship and or really, really want to et rid of excess zen it might work. Otherwise (my impression and own reaction) it is viewed as "meh". A big desperate "Give me your money!" sign. The idea of a chic special place to be for big spending without visiting Vegas is not a bad one though; 'specially in an FTP game. We do have the regular c-store stuff; faction ships, faction/account services mostly regular priced. And thats ok. But if you want some big coins with Mudds you need to make it extra sparkly IMO. Not a mere listing in the c-store. Sure, it can be there too but to swoon people for getting outside the regular zen comfort zone you need to make Mudds an actual place to be.

Make it a big entertainment park like space yard people can visit. Let them see the ships offered and be dwarfed by their scale; let them have test-drives via a mission simulator to get a feel for these; let it have booths for the non-ships stuff being showed off and interacted with in some form. Maybe have an occasional event with some small scale giveaways. Have some non MTX related activities so people might check on occasion and see new arrivals. Have Mudds be there in an office to talk with and make it more obvious that hes a legit business man who wants nothing to do with his mustache swirling ancestor. IMHO it will make a massive difference.

Turn it from this:

yacht-boat-websites-design-3.jpg

into this:

New%20York%20Homepage%20Hero%20image.jpg

e9ec1033153867.56a18a8f1fee3.jpg

Ask yourself; which of these places would make you more spend happy; or even at least want to be there for sightseeing even without the intend to spend something; some web-page you would probably not even visit if you where not looking for something specific or a fun looking place with a lot of stuff to see?

The Canyon 283 sure has a nice and sleek look to it.
  • dom#7122 dom Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hi guys, now that we are on the subject of Mudd's Market, I am having an issue with it at the moment. Please guide me to the right direction if you have a similar issue.

This is in regards to the Cryptic 20th Anniversary Pack & a reclaim issue on alt characters. I originally claimed it on one of my characters, but when I go to claim it on an alt the following message appears:

"Unable to complete transaction: that item cannot currently be purchased"

However; as previously stated; I had claimed it on my first character of the account - even that character is having reclaim issues as well. Is this a known bug? If so, when will it be fixed?

Thanks
  • kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Needs to be restickied.

Yea, but that would encourage continued discussion about this very questionable 'market'...
    It would also provide a venue for informing of sales in the Market.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,438 Arc User
    kurtron wrote: »
    Needs to be restickied.

Yea, but that would encourage continued discussion about this very questionable 'market'...

There is nothing wrong with having a discussion of Mudd's Market whether you agree with it or not. Just be glad that people have the opportunity to get things that previously they did not unless they played the event when it first was around, played the episode during a Featured Replay event, etc. Also, it is meant to be questionable this is Harcourt Fenton Mudd we are talking about here.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    It would also provide a venue for informing of sales in the Market.

Precisely.
    I see my sarcasm didn't translate here.
    I actually am agreeing with you and am for the Market, as questionable as it is, in that we can have access to otherwise previously 'exclusive' items, and have made purchases from it in the past.

It is only the cynic in me which is has me thinking that by unstickying the thread, it will eventually be necro'd. Then where'll the discussion about the Market be?

kurtron wrote: »
    I see my sarcasm didn't translate here.
    I actually am agreeing with you and am for the Market, as questionable as it is, in that we can have access to otherwise previously 'exclusive' items, and have made purchases from it in the past.

It is only the cynic in me which is has me thinking that by unstickying the thread, it will eventually be necro'd. Then where'll the discussion about the Market be?

Sorry kurtron I am not always good at detecting sarcasm due to my autism. Thanks for the explanation. :)
    [/quote]

Sorry kurtron I am not always good at detecting sarcasm due to my autism. Thanks for the explanation. :)[/quote]

Hey, no problem. I could have been clearer and less smarmy, anyways.

So when're they gonna put the chronodynamic armor, veteran BOff tokens, original tutorial BOff token and Worf Baldric into the Market? I would buy those.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    Harcourt Fenton Mudd CANNOT BE TRUSTED TO CHARGE THE CORRECT COST ON ANY ITEM HE IS SELLING!
    Plain and simple. LOL.
    Bumping for the weekly reminder to resticky
This discussion has been closed.