test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hoch ‘ebmey tIjon

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Chancellor J'mpok faces a difficult decision, and meets a potential new ally, in our latest fiction blog!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11476583

Comments

• trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Its very clever and insidious to make these Klingons from Discovery era liked at least by myself now lol. Aakar just looks like a perfect combination of Gowron and a bit of the Discovery Klingons mixed together in a lot of ways. Kind of hoping they are planning something like that delta, temporal, gamma recruit thing with the status changes of the story where we can make between Discovery Klingons or Ones that look similar to them like Aakar does. The way its been unfolding I am starting to wonder if a lot of how the Mo'kai are being represented that they may have been the main influence of bird of preys and the tactics of using them and possibly getting some more T6 ones in the game too that aren't paywalls :D
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    A good entertaining short story! That was a fun read & easily envisioned as a scene from a television episode too.
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    Love all the references to "Crazy eyes" Gowron XD
    Never liked him as Chancellor, but damn, he had some of the best none vocal acting I've ever seen with just those eyes.
    And now we know HOW J'mpok got the weapon. I had expected he had it planned before the mission. This was an interesting twist.
    C3Oiobz.gif
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Hmm..more information to know which enemy to introduce to the burny end of an industrial mining laser

Time for J'mpok to take his seat on the barge of the dead...hopefully in the middle aisle flanked by a targ with massive flatulance that would give you Gowron eyes and a jackal mastiff with Rura Penthe breath
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Its very clever and insidious to make these Klingons from Discovery era liked at least by myself now lol. Aakar just looks like a perfect combination of Gowron and a bit of the Discovery Klingons mixed together in a lot of ways. Kind of hoping they are planning something like that delta, temporal, gamma recruit thing with the status changes of the story where we can make between Discovery Klingons or Ones that look similar to them like Aakar does. The way its been unfolding I am starting to wonder if a lot of how the Mo'kai are being represented that they may have been the main influence of bird of preys and the tactics of using them and possibly getting some more T6 ones in the game too that aren't paywalls :D

Temporal Klingon should be TOS Klingons. It was a misstep on Discovery's producers to use the designs for Bryan Fuller's ancient Klingons for 'modern' TOS era Klingons. But since that's Disco canon, it should be kept to Disco Klingons/Mo'kai House characters.

At the very least, the head of CBS All Access Star Trek said that they weren't going to remake all Klingons (like pre-Disco Klingons like Worf) in Disco Klingon's image.
  • balarickbalarick Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Gowron wasn't a mad tyrant, nor was he dishonorable. Then again, the perceptions of a targ like J'mpok might be a bit skewed.
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Pretty sure the episode was 'Tacking into the Wind' (least that's the one where he's made chancellor), and yeah, spot on. Gowron was trying to have him undermined or better 'killed in glorious combat' so he wouldn't be a threat anymore. Another politician. Reminds me of what I think was in the novelization of Way of the Warrior (I think, don't quote me on it) where someone wondered about people who schemed and played to get a seat on the High Council, then practice with rusty bat'leths in a private yard and think it makes them ready to do what the KDF did every day.

Wheras Martok actually IS the KDF, and does do it every day, so large parts of the 'normal' population would support him clear to the ends of the galaxy.​​
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    You hand a couple incomplete sentences, and a few unnecessary passive constructions, but overall it read fine.

Mike, please remember— dashes are used in sentences to replace commas and other grammar marks. Hyphens should only be used to link compound adjectives, nouns, and verbs.

It is good that you are working on your storytelling, but good editing is the mark of professionalism. Being a little more detail-oriented will help your communication...and maybe give us fewer botched update notes.
  • krysz2#5177 krysz2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    qultuq wrote: »
    You hand a couple incomplete sentences, and a few unnecessary passive constructions, but overall it read fine.

It is good that you are working on your storytelling, but good editing is the mark of professionalism. Being a little more detail-oriented will help your communication...and maybe give us fewer botched update notes.

Umm...
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    qultuq wrote: »

Umm...

He is talking about Mike Fatum A.K.A. AmbassadorKael, the community manager of Star Trek Online as well as other games. Yes, I noticed some mistakes as well like 'hand' instead of 'have' though that could also be autocorrect to blame as well. Also, a missing 'of' after the word 'couple'. He has a point though and those were only two mistakes while Kael's are plenty. I also want professionalism from all Cryptic employees. Proofreading, proper spelling, etc should be present in the game, blogs, tweets, reddits, and on their Facebook page. Make it so!
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    i mean...grammarly is free - they should be using it​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    i mean...grammarly is free - they should be using it​​

+1
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Those... eyes...

62qSlaq.jpg
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)