test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Well, I was going to get some Dominion ship weapons...

echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
Forgot about the EV suit thruster bug. Managed to walk all the way to where you needed to go up to ledge and that stopped me. One would think we could walk up a wall since we're wearing magnetic boots :p

Anyway, not too big a deal. I posted a bug report and my J-H will have to make do with the Inhibiting polaron beams from Dominion Rep. They do quite well, actually in conjumction with the space set from Home.
Now a LTS and loving it.
Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    Half the game has bugs. Welcome to Star Trek Online
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I know this. I've been playing since around LoR, thank you :)

I was just venting in a good-natured kind of way.

This is also the first mission-breaking bug I've run across. Most others don't bother me.

Well, there was that one bug that broke Frozen, but it's fixed now.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    if you're talking about the dedicated button not working, you can just slot it via the powers menu in a free power tray slot​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    Why, thank you. I didn't know that. Now that was helpful information :)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    You post on a open forum, expect criticism. Maybe get thicker skin.
    Well, looks like BTR is still broken.

When I reached the end of the space battle and beamed to Ops, it was the New Ops, with no Kurland to talk to. There were buttons to contact Enterprise and Loriss, but once I spoke with them the game didn't recognize this and check them off.

Yes, I put in a post in the bugs forum. Getting ready to send a ticket as well.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    echatty wrote: »
    Well, looks like BTR is still broken.

When I reached the end of the space battle and beamed to Ops, it was the New Ops, with no Kurland to talk to. There were buttons to contact Enterprise and Loriss, but once I spoke with them the game didn't recognize this and check them off.

Yes, I put in a post in the bugs forum. Getting ready to send a ticket as well.

Yikes, I remember it being broken like that shortly after the DS9 revamp so early 2018. Some bugs never get fixed :(

I vaguely recall there being some workaround, but I can't remember what it was. Or if it was just "sometimes it works so play the whole thing x times to succeed once."

If you search PC bug reports you might be able to find old topics on it.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

Just curious but why even post? Neither of your posts dealt with the actual thread topic & were more just negative rhetoric on STO overall & an attack towards the original poster. Granted I have to concede to contributing to that very thing now, but was curious of your goal with those posts?

I for 1 am thankful for the thread/posts since I learned about that supposed EV thruster "bug" so I now know to avoid that mission for now.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    I think last time I played it, it did have the thruster bug. But I was able to complete. Kurland was in his office looking out into space.

I wonder if the thruster bug was due to setting up the code for the Red Angel activation thing, since it also has the same extended tray as activating an EV suit.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited July 2020
    That's possible about the thruster thing. Still, with the workaround I was given I was able to get to the end.

Still, the game should have marked that I talked to Shon and Loriss, and it didn't. Unless I have to talk to Kurland first. I may go back and see if I can find him. He sure wasn't in Ops.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Thank you! That's what I needed to do was talk to Kurland. And yes, he was in that office. I guess last time I played the ep it was still part of the main storyline and not an Available mission.

Many thanks! Now that I know how to get around the kinks I can play it for the whole set of beams and maybe a couple cannons and whatnot.

Yes, I don't mind playing the mission. "Kurland Here" doesn't bother me at all ;)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Its a meme.

Anyways I just wish that the Dominion Polaron wasn't such a pain to get, and that there were other options besides just dual cannons and beam arrays.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Its a meme.

Anyways I just wish that the Dominion Polaron wasn't such a pain to get, and that there were other options besides just dual cannons and beam arrays.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind some DBBs and turrets/DHCs

But I'll take what I can get right now.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Its a meme.

That would be SO great if Cryptic expanded the selectable option types.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Just about everything they relegate to the "available" tab gets bugged in some way.

What is really annoying is that there is no skip function so just going for the polaron array takes something like six missions (several of which are especially annoying, like the "Of Bajor" step-and-fetch and the shuttle mission) instead of only one, which makes the reward somewhat lacking by then. It would have been better to have kept them in the episodes tab and just have the whole thing skippable for those who don't want to bother with it (same with Spectres, it really looses relevance when kicked to endgame even though it is one of the best of the old episodes, especially since it makes the Andorian phasers practically worthless by then).

Besides expanding the selectable option types as foppotee suggests, it would be good if they matrixed the rewards so instead of repeating the exact same mission to get a set that is currently all stacked on one, you have the option to chose those items in other missions of the string. That matrix idea might be a problem though depending on their database design.

edited July 2020
    Most of the missions aren't so bad, and the AA makes the shuttle mission that much easier as it melts the bees and gives you time to shut off the sensor nodes in one sweep instead of having to start over.

Other than that, there isn't much about the 2800 arc that I really dislike, including Of Bajor. I got most of it done in one swoop up to getting to the Gamma Quadrant before shutting off for awhile and finishing it the next day.

The new KIDD and DOT-7 drones helps out when you're doing BTR.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    I'd prefer to take a Point Defense with me in Op Gamma. Practically oneshots the swarmers. For added comedy take the full Cardi console set from the Cardi Intel ships.
    I'd prefer to take a Point Defense with me in Op Gamma. Practically oneshots the swarmers. For added comedy take the full Cardi console set from the Cardi Intel ships.

I have that full Cardassian console compliment on my Elachi Qulash (all Elachi turrets) ship + the M'Chla's Graviton Displacer, the S'torr's Chains of Fire, Gravity Well, Charged Particle Burst, & + more for some fun piloting. I think of it as my space spider. That 3 console set is pretty useful & having all 3 making the 1 min cooldown is extra beneficial.
    I don't have any of those ships or consoles. Still, now that I've played through everything and don't need the ship stuff I can just replay BTR a few times to get what I really wanted.

Thanks for the tips, though.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    I think the Point Defense Console comes off the T3 Thunderchild so... shouldn't be too difficult to get.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    I think the Point Defense Console comes off the T3 Thunderchild so... shouldn't be too difficult to get.

The point defense console is also in the Phoenix store so it is easy to get without having to buy a ship.

Just curious but why even post? Neither of your posts dealt with the actual thread topic & were more just negative rhetoric on STO overall & an attack towards the original poster. Granted I have to concede to contributing to that very thing now, but was curious of your goal with those posts?

I for 1 am thankful for the thread/posts since I learned about that supposed EV thruster "bug" so I now know to avoid that mission for now.

I just wanted to say thanks for the criticism. It made my day

It's still playable, you just need to slot the thruster in your big tray. Bring up your powers list and it'll be in there.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Which brings us to an odd omission: why on Terra isn't Dom-polaron the default type Dominion operators have access to at ship gear stores?
    Which brings us to an odd omission: why on Terra isn't Dom-polaron the default type Dominion operators have access to at ship gear stores?

Because they only come in beam array and dual cannon flavors. Whereas normal Polaron comes in all flavors.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Hypothesis: This is Polaron with an extra Tetryon proc. Maybe it represents Dominion research into hybridizing their tech with Breen tech? It could be experimental weaponry from a bygone era.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I equip the Shuttle with two Omnis as the Weapons in addition to those Point Defense Consoles. I never did try it with slotting the Point Defense Protocols for that Mission.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.