test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Relocate mines skill?

jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
I have never used mines but this skill pops up in my list of skills all the time no matter whatever load out i use. Is this a bug or something i missed?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• pet1e86pet1e86 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    Its a new (ish) captain skill, everyone gets it at Level 38, if you do not use mins then dont use it, otherwise it is a great ability for those of us that use mines.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    After this skill appeared I started putting at least one mine, sometimes in place of a rear torpedo. It's great, as it teleports mines close to your target and has a one minute CD.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    The skill makes mines a lot more valuable, especially for a mine layer build, but I still won't use them in a serious capacity without hot pursuit and preferably holographic mirage decoys. 3.5km chase distance by default is absolutely tiny, especially when they create a lot of things where you don't want to get within 5km. If this skill had a 30s CD or could be reduced by using mine BOFF skills, that might work better too.
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    OK cool so will it work with that mine torpedo like launcher from way back? I forget what it was called but i think it's still in my bank.
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    Breen Transphasic Cluster Torpedo Is what i was talking about.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I don't know why you'd need the relocate mines ability with the torpedo. It goes to the target as a torpedo, then deploys mines on top of your target, so if it works, it would only be useful if in the time between the torpedo deploying its mines and them locking onto the target, you kill the target and another one is more than 3.5km away from it. Maybe it works but that is an absolute sliver of a time window where it would be valuable.

Generally you should have no use for relocate mines if you are using the cluster torpedo.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I don't think it will work with Cluster Torps because the mines tend to activate a lot faster and hit before you need to use the ability. On top of that, if the target is destroyed befure they activate somehow, the Core Breach would destroy the mines from a Cluster Torp anyways. It would be far more useful for a more traditional mine layer build.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Nice skill, pleasant surprise to have seen it added, too bad it has no practical utility.

The vaadwaur tricobalt torpedo I'm quite sure is stronger than a single tricobalt mine, so even for a fun build the loss of yet another weapon slot isn't worth it.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Nice skill, pleasant surprise to have seen it added, too bad it has no practical utility.
    As noted above, works quite well in concert with gravity wells. Note, however, that it only works with mines you deploy directly... no 'making it rain' with the quantities Echentises deposit, unfortunately. With four per Ryn'kodan, a full team can get rather ridiculous numbers going (twenty frigates in most TFOs, and eighty in Starbase Fleet Defense).
This discussion has been closed.