test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Event 2020 - August 4 RETURN TO RISA!!!

Comments

• alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    duasyn wrote: »
    Nice, the ship I voted for seems to have won?
    Even though it looks like the design got handed off to a Jem'hadar manufacturer. It's very bugship like. :D
    The original picture seems a bit more sleek.

I had the exact same thoughts! The bug ship is really nice IMO, as are all other J'H ships, but on this it kind of looks a bit odd. Just hoping in-game and from other angles it will be better.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    Why are the devs obsessed with baseball? I just don't understand...
    Mostly, I understand, because Sisko is a big fan. That does not, however, mean that STO shouldn't branch out. For example, into football (the variety much of the world refers to as 'the beautiful game'; I'm sure the art team could have a field day coming up with the uniform patterns and color schemes. Yes, this would extend to the ball, given that it would be part of certain relevant emotes.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Mostly, I understand, because Sisko is a big fan. That does not, however, mean that STO shouldn't branch out. For example, into football (the variety much of the world refers to as 'the beautiful game'; I'm sure the art team could have a field day coming up with the uniform patterns and color schemes. Yes, this would extend to the ball, given that it would be part of certain relevant emotes.

I'm assuming you're referring to what we Americans call Soccer. (As our Football is rather... heavily armored and not really global)
    As far as I'm aware, sports haven't really been visible in Star Trek other than Baseball and Water Polo. I think they showed part of a bowling alley aboard the refit Enterprise in TMP.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Sigh. Another year of skipping the outfits. :/

edit: which also means I won't need to restock on Favors. Which means no reason to do anything beyond the 1/day ship earning. Yay, summer.
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I was hoping this would be the best summer event EVER since they were late over a month...now another copy/paste event with more baseball stuff (getting olddddddd), a boring ship and nothing new. Only left thing to do is party and just hang out.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • c0nsic0nsi Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

I'm assuming you're referring to what we Americans call Soccer. (As our Football is rather... heavily armored and not really global)
    As far as I'm aware, sports haven't really been visible in Star Trek other than Baseball and Water Polo. I think they showed part of a bowling alley aboard the refit Enterprise in TMP.
    Or....and this might sound really wild.... something that has nothing to do with sports at all... seriously, this isn't fifa or some sports game, why are the devs so obsessed with those baseball stuff? Let me guess...because it's a easy copy&paste job?
    The amount of people I see run around in those 'uniforms' is near 0, am i just super 'unlucky' and don't wander around the baseball hotspot?
    Give us something we actually WANT to use :/

I was hoping this would be the best summer event EVER since they were late over a month...now another copy/paste event with more baseball stuff (getting olddddddd), a boring ship and nothing new. Only left thing to do is party and just hang out.​​
    ^This
  • c0nsic0nsi Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Or, and this may sound wild, something that hasn't anything to do with sports at all, seriously, this is Star Trek, not Fifa...
    How many people do you see actually running around in those 'uniforms', the number of people i see using those is pretty much 0, am i missing the 'baseball hotspot'?
    This was a fun idea for 1 summer event...but since it's easier to just copy&paste we are now stuck with those boring things -_-
    ^This
    c0nsi wrote: »
    How many people do you see actually running around in those 'uniforms', the number of people i see using those is pretty much 0, am i missing the 'baseball hotspot'?

Usually start seeing more and more around summer. Also people like having the baseball caps as options too.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    For the people throwing a fit over a uniform, at least it's not never ending horrible Discovery content. I'd rather have your problem. Anyway, love the red cap! Definitely gonna pick that up. The band shirts are pretty cool too.

As for the kit modules, looks like I can add something to my electrical character, and maybe start a .....lava build?
    As for the kit modules, looks like I can add something to my electrical character, and maybe start a .....lava build?

I've already got a pyro, so I'll be getting that module for her.
  • theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    Huzzah! We get a space blimp! At least that's what it looks like.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    They're giving us band tees but NOT making one a Caitian screech metal band that Kyona talked about in the First Contact Day blog? They could even make it a parody of kiss by naming them "H.I.S.S." Cats even have those wicked fur patterns from Ferasans, it's the perfect idea!

I can always hope for next year.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    The lack of content overall and most of it just being recolors of the boring baseball stuff is lame though. The modules and kit might be cool for a few hours, but that's all that's super interesting.
    I have a feeling the "Year of Klingon" influenced the band shirts.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yeah, but the Kit and Modules will be overpriced as is everything in the Summer Store. Winter is a bargain in comparison.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Yeah, but the Kit and Modules will be overpriced as is everything in the Summer Store. Winter is a bargain in comparison.

I've never really found it overpriced, since I can get 500 in a 15m Horgahn Hunt, and in past years I was always Hunting often to get eggs to raise birds for rep marks. So I've always been swimming in thousands of Favors.

There's just been a lack of stuff to buy the last ~3 years. :|

(but yeah, Winter is cheaper/easier - just doing a daily set of Doff missions on several alts, I ended up with 1.5k+ of each ornament stored in my "holiday mule's" bank.)
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I do not like the overall look of the ship this year, but I do like how the warp half-rings have the Lukari engine vapor like the N'Kaam. The longer sleeker version in the voting illustrations was good, this one is just chunky and fugly like the Defiant class mated with a Dominion bug under an ugly tree (it is way past ugly stick level of ugly).

System wise it looks good from the little bit they showed in the stream, though I wish they would have made it something besides a Pilot ship again (what's with this Risan obsession with Pilot?), it is great for the corvette but this thing looks like it would do better with Miracle Worker or Intelligence. And it would be nice to have had something besides just the Daystrom/Antaak/Varel for a sci-MW, especially one with a secondary deflector like the summer ship has.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    I can see the point that Risa and baseball have little canon connection.

But what about another sport that was a major sport of 1 on-screen captain, and it happens to be a sport played in water? Archer's calling, give us some Water Polo!

(Or not.)
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • meddlefxmeddlefx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Ship #1, eh? Well... there goes any enthusiasm I had for this summer event.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    To be honest, I was expecting a big red nose on the Rainbow Caracel. It reminds me of a carnival clown :)
    Eactly! The only ties between Baseball and Star Trek are a couple scenes and a few more lines of dialogue. That's it.

Um... a whole episode says Hello.
    ltminns wrote: »

I think its mostly a difference of currencies. Winter has several, while Summer has only one. I do admit that it would be nice if everything was a bit cheeper, but I guess it is what it is. At least the Summer activities are more laid back than Winter events.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Yeay!

Also it looks like all swimwear ever invented already made it into STO :P
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Having a science ship from it will be interesting, for certain. But no more creative name than "Return to Risa"? I bet it'd get more attention if it were labeled "Summer Event 2020: Gorns in Speedos!" ;)​​
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    > @rattler2 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I've already got a pyro, so I'll be getting that module for her.

Nice. Seriously though, sometimes my characters feel more like X-men than officers.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I like how the ship turned out. I just recently discovered that I like the corvette, I hope this one is a bit bigger. And maybe next year it could be a drone/swarmer carrier pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Do you think it will be possible to wear the TRIBBLE Pistols shirt with the kilt? I sure hope they are not in different categories.
This discussion has been closed.