test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Event 2020 - August 4 RETURN TO RISA!!!

Comments

• crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Again, not posted here by a dev... lol...

Thank you for posting, though! Nice to know and be able to schedule...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    I will wait for the OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT HERE on the news page.
    Social media to me is half rumor mongers and half dont bereave without hard evidence.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    I will wait for the OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT HERE on the news page.
    Social media to me is half rumor mongers and half dont bereave without hard evidence.

This is hard evidence even if it is not in the forums or a blog post yet.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    sthe is right. Twitter and FB are both official sources, so what's there is official.

you can believe or not, as is your right, but it won't make it so.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    I remembered the Summer Event a few days ago and was like "Did I miss it?" :D
  • mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    August 4...two more weeks. Yikes.

Record late and do hope for some good NEW games instead of the same copy paste job. tiger-2.gif​​
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    August 4...two more weeks. Yikes.

Record late and do hope for some good NEW games instead of the same copy paste job. tiger-2.gif​​

And I still hope for no new lower-payout games to make the intervals between the couple of things that actually pay well for the time involved even longer.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • jasonkirk#8984 jasonkirk Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    NO blogs yet....anytime now.

I hope they are saving good news as new mini games with all the extra time they had.​​
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,823 Arc User
    NO blogs yet....anytime now.

I hope they are saving good news as new mini games with all the extra time they had.​​

Well the event starts next week so they're probably just saving the blogs for mid to late week. My guesses are thursday for the new stuff added and thursday or friday for the ship blog.
  • jasonkirk#8984 jasonkirk Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Finally...feels like SUMMER now tiger-2.gif​​
  • mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    I was hoping for more fun filled games...shame no additions to mini games and just really small shinnies. Still it's a welcome sight year after year.​​
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,995 Arc User
    Noticed that Flying High has not been mentioned as an activity. Wonder if this is just an oversight, or it has been pulled. If that is the case then there is no reason to try the new floater.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11476593-return-to-risa!

The ship I also voted for, #1, seems not cool looking like the prototype sadly. I don't like the little weird detail at the top center, not a fan of that split forward section, and I hope it is a bit longer than it appears in that angle. The rear-top engines look great though.

I like the new caracal, tribble, and universal kit modules. Sadly more baseball nonsense and no new swimsuits.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • sci321sci321 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    The new kit frame and modules have my interest. AOE electrical and fire damage available for all captains, a weapon damage boost depending on the amount of Risan kit modules equipped, and a chance of activating ANY Risan kit module in addition to the one the player activated.
  • zateron#9297 zateron Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    More Baseball, and no new swimsuit designs????
    Seriously?
    <blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="J0HGnGp"><a href="//imgur.com/J0HGnGp"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    YAY my main character can go to Risa for a months vacation.
    Was waiting for this to be announced :) was looking forward to some time away from missions and grind.
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11476593-return-to-risa!

The ship I also voted for, #1, seems not cool looking like the prototype sadly. I don't like the little weird detail at the top center, not a fan of that split forward section, and I hope it is a bit longer than it appears in that angle. The rear-top engines look great though.

I like the new caracal, tribble, and universal kit modules. Sadly more baseball nonsense and no new swimsuits.

Same for me, I saw it and was like, wait a second....that is either just a super bad angle or that ship got mutilated during design because she isnt as pretty now. Also the rock band shirts...sigh...and baseball stuff...I mean yes, baseball is summer related, but I felt like maybe its time to move on from it, new things...and at the same time...oh well just means I grind only a little as opposed to ALOT...
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I wish #3 won.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    The new kit stuff is interesting; I'll probably pick up some of them for my 'space wizard' captain. I'm curious if the frame will allow you to proc Risian abilities outside your career(generators as a tac/sci, etc.).

As for the ship; interesting that they went with a Weather Control theme for it instead of the submersible approach. I think it matches pretty well. Curious to see the stats/specialization(I'm guessing a Miracle Worker seat).
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    szerontzur wrote: »
    The new kit stuff is interesting; I'll probably pick up some of them for my 'space wizard' captain. I'm curious if the frame will allow you to proc Risian abilities outside your career(generators as a tac/sci, etc.).

As for the ship; interesting that they went with a Weather Control theme for it instead of the submersible approach. I think it matches pretty well. Curious to see the stats/specialization(I'm guessing a Miracle Worker seat).

They showed the stats off last week during Ten Forward Weekly. 3 tac, 3 engineering, 5 science, 3/3 weapon layout, secondary deflector, subsystem targeting, pilot seat specialization. The rest I can't remember but the blog should be tomorrow.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    szerontzur wrote: »

All Risian abilities apparently. The new blog says that even abilities that you cannot or have not equipped, can proc.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    To avoid confusion: I did not come up with or approve any of this. This is entirely on the Devs. ;)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    so which ship won? the one in the pic does not look like any of em that was in the vote.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    I can't wait to make a GW build on that new ship. Sure, not my favorite design, but still good looking. I'm itching to try a maximum Risian Ground build too.

Also, silly thing of course, but all of Risa is I suppose: with no major Pride events in 2020, a Rainbow cat and tribble makes for a decent Pride in 2411.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
    edited July 2020
    Nice, the ship I voted for seems to have won?
    Even though it looks like the design got handed off to a Jem'hadar manufacturer. It's very bugship like. :D
    The original picture seems a bit more sleek.
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Again, not posted here by a dev... lol...

Thank you for posting, though! Nice to know and be able to schedule...

CM

Yeah, the devs don't seem to like their own forums. They just post stuff on Twitter and assume everyone uses it.
  • wwwwoodywwwwoody Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I just hope they finally fix Pavyls hide and seek game.

If you started it before the map change, but didn't finish, then he is invisible and non interactable.

Reported this every time for at least the last 2 years years with zero acknowledgment.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Why are the devs obsessed with baseball? I just don't understand...

I am also not looking forward to the additional optical spam and obnoxious effects that will come with these new universal kit mods.

The ship is ugly, but I do like the new floater and powerboard (I had to try quite hard to come up with something to compliment about this announcement).
This discussion has been closed.