test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Items in the personnel tab are still not account unlocks as advertised

sfofficer123sfofficer123 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
I still have items from the personnel tab of the store I have already bought requiring zen to be claimed, contrary to a blog that stated all purchases would become account wide reclaims.

On June 22, a blog was posted announcing that all items in the personnel tab of the C-Store were to become account unlocks, regardless of when they were purchased - https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11461853

This was implemented with the patch on June 25th, and after said patch I reclaimed some bridge officers and noticed zen was still being taken from my account, despite no indication that these reclaims would still require it DUR45k6.jpg (notice no cost associated with any federation bridge officer, and that they are all unlocked: Borg; Aenar; and Caitian). Luckily this was a bug and my zen was returned to me within hours (thank you customer support!)

The initial bug was patched on June 30th, however in doing so I lost access to the Federation Aenar bridge officer 0GvciYW.jpg (notice it now asks for zen, acting like I never bought it before, contrary to the previous screenshot which showed I had!)

After waiting a patch cycle or 2 I submitted a ticket with customer support on July 9th, getting back a reply on June 13th that unlocks were still broken and that the developers were working on a fix, and the ticket closed. Understandable.

On July 25th, our community manager AmbassadorKael went to twitter https://twitter.com/AmbassadorKael/status/1286836848900284416?s=20 to announce if you purchased items before Feb 14th 2019, you currently need to buy them again to become account unlocks. Wait a minute, no cut-off date was mentioned in the initial announcement blog, not good. He goes on further to say that while fix may be possible, its too much work and unlikely to happen. (Two points: 1- this is in direct conflict with customer support who said they were working on a fix; and 2- whenever cryptic use the words 'may' or 'would like to', very rarely have these things happened). No apology for being screwed out of a purchase, no promise of a fix, no nothing, apart from the customer being out of pocket if they wish to fix the dev's mistakes!

So I opened up my ticket again, and the final reply before it was closed was a recommendation to post on the official forums, for some reason. At least they were apologetic about being unable to help. They can't help and the dev's won't help so I don't know what this will achieve, but here it is as suggested.

Post edited by sfofficer123 on

Comments

• rc5150420rc5150420 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    this is what they do take your money and then lie about doing something about their mess up, so once again the LONG term PAYING coustomer gets shafted