test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonus Dilithium Weekend

ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
This is what they announced on Twitter:

@trekonlinegame: Captains on PC can earn bonus Dilithium this weekend throughout the game, including from the Bonus Dilithium rewards in the House Divided Event!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11476573

It states that the Bonus Dilitium Rewards from the Event would get the Dilitium Bonus. Last night when I ran the Event through the TFO, I got 720 Dilithium from the TFO (Bonus from 480) and 11k as the Event Bonus and not 16,500 as stated by the Tweet. This 11k was the Daily Bonus I was supposed to get based on Event Progress. (Per the Bonus Shut-off I did not get the 9k and 10k Awards the two days before that, but the Progress was correct).

Has anyone gotten the Dilitium 50% Bonus on the Event Bonus Dilithium?
'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
Judge Dan Haywood
'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
l don't know.
l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
Lt. Philip J. Minns
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    I hate to say it, but at this point we honestly cant' expect the specific numbers in blogs and announcements to be correct. The fact that there actually IS a dilithium weekend as announced is pretty much a win for us :D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    This is what they announced on Twitter:

@trekonlinegame: Captains on PC can earn bonus Dilithium this weekend throughout the game, including from the Bonus Dilithium rewards in the House Divided Event!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11476573

It states that the Bonus Dilitium Rewards from the Event would get the Dilitium Bonus. Last night when I ran the Event through the TFO, I got 720 Dilithium from the TFO (Bonus from 480) and 11k as the Event Bonus and not 16,500 as stated by the Tweet. This 11k was the Daily Bonus I was supposed to get based on Event Progress. (Per the Bonus Shut-off I did not get the 9k and 10k Awards the two days before that, but the Progress was correct).

Has anyone gotten the Dilitium 50% Bonus on the Event Bonus Dilithium?

I concur, I didn't receive bonus dilithium payout pass my scheduled 12K for completing my daily House Divided event but the initial dilithium bonus of 720 up from 480 for the TFO completion. Perhaps it is just more pretty words or an oversight.

I also don't give Cryptic credit for this Bonus Dilithium Weekend as some sort of compensation as some are doing. This is still requiring us to invest the normal resources/effort to receive any of the bonus dilithium from in-game & we have no way of telling, accountability, whether this is an extra unplanned Bonus Dilithium Weekend or just 1 that will bump the next one to an even later date.

Cryptic: Sure, buy-out the event using money/zen so that way you can earn even more dilithium. Then stop rewarding dilithium with no warning, leave the player(s) hanging & take the money & run. To me it is just another reason to never use the buy-out option. All that being said, if the "rumored" reason for Cryptic stopping the dilithium rewarding because of an exploit is true Cryptic may have not handled it in a best way but it had to be handled.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Japori again without the lashings from Gecko. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    Cryptic: Sure, buy-out the event using money/zen so that way you can earn even more dilithium. Then stop rewarding dilithium with no warning, leave the player(s) hanging & take the money & run. To me it is just another reason to never use the buy-out option. All that being said, if the "rumored" reason for Cryptic stopping the dilithium rewarding because of an exploit is true Cryptic may have not handled it in a best way but it had to be handled.

FYI, it was possible (I did this) to have finished the Red Angel event this past Sunday with no buyout. So it's not just the people who sprung for the buyout that would get bonus dil on top of the reward dil...

I understand that & that;s my experience since that's my method too.
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    I stay away from this TRIBBLE. There are other ways to get dil. Cryptic just doesn't seem to get it.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
This discussion has been closed.