test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Random TFOs are not very random, ATM

parish#5017 parish Member Posts: 127 Arc User
For the past 2-3 days the randoms are limited to just a few maps. Across 4 toons and approximately 10-15 RTFOs I have only had space maps and those maps are.
Azure Nebular, Several Gateway to Gre'thor, Hive onslaught, Many Battle at the Binary Stars, Several Counterpoint, Many of the Romulan Imperial Minefield, Many Vault: Ensnared. Those are all for one toon over 25 - 30 randoms. Same on 3 other toons but with less runs but many repeats, some maps repeating each run, same map one after another.

It's been much better at randomness in the past but really failing lately and making the game boring.
TC Be Safe LLAP

Comments

• Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    I've encountered a wide variety. Perhaps the Random system takes you into a TFO that has already multiple people queued for. Let's say three guys queue for Azure Nebula, then me and you fire off the RTFO, we are all matched to the Azure Nebula.
  • Options
    eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    I feel like I can almost bet on getting Infected Space whenever I join Random Advanced RATFO. I know it's because it's everyone's favorite parsing map, but it's tiring. When I'm trying to get Fleet Marks, it's annoying to land on maps that don't award any (except the Random box itself.)

Yes, it's true that usually it sends you to stuff that needs filling. Sometimes even a backfill; I joined a Hive Ground the other day that had almost finished the first room. I've heard that forming your own 5 person group for RTFO/RATFO can be better since you don't really fill other groups, and it's truly randomizing a queue.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • Options
    pet1e86pet1e86 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    I've heard that forming your own 5 person group for RTFO/RATFO can be better since you don't really fill other groups, and it's truly randomizing a queue.

Nope, Last night, 5 in Armada teamed up for random TFO's, was pretty much repeat of the same 4 over and over.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User
    The random system is and does everything it was not supposed to be and do.

Just be grateful that it hasn't been removed yet. Most stuff that doesn't work properly is cut from the game, they seem to have made an exception for this thing. Probably because it never worked well in the first place and they broke the parts that were working on purpose.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.