test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Plain and Simple Bundle

2»

Comments

• sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    Starting tomorrow, we're releasing a special Lobi Bundle on PC celebrating one of our favorites - plain, simple Garak. Grab the Cardassian Keldon Cruiser, a Holographic Garak Bridge Officer, and more!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11467893

This one was a plain and simple "nope" and should have been a Mudd's store item with account reclaim for ship and Garak.
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    Why are things seeming to get just more and more expensive? Why are they continuing to offer more junk at ever expansive pricing? Plain and simply a 'no' from me.

Although, if they're that desperate for cash, why dont they just make this game a pay monthly again. Many of us are life timers anyway - atleast it'll give them an opportunity to update the life time subscription offer and gain some steady income before this game gets beyond its already ruined state.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    redwren89 wrote: »
    Why are things seeming to get just more and more expensive? Why are they continuing to offer more junk at ever expansive pricing? Plain and simply a 'no' from me.

Although, if they're that desperate for cash, why dont they just make this game a pay monthly again. Many of us are life timers anyway - atleast it'll give them an opportunity to update the life time subscription offer and gain some steady income before this game gets beyond its already ruined state.

I'm not sure about this part, but I agree that it seems Cryptic is going for more "big-ticket" selling instead of offering more common player items/services for sale. Besides that there's normal inflation too, but Cryptic regulates the supply then players' actions are secondary in supply & definitely demand.

I always found the ceasing of the normal subscription option off-putting myself & wondered about that decision. Maybe its along the lines of focusing on "big-ticket" selling. What I thought Cryptic did dirty to many of those normal subscription players was not auto up-tiering by 1 when they deactivated the normal subscribing.

Beyond that, I think Cryptic is trying different approaches & with that some will swim & some will sink. I think Cryptic/PWE is trying this for if/when loot (gamble) boxes become regulated or illegal.

• vishara#9855 vishara Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    People want loot boxes gone and more direct purchases, did you think it would be cheap?
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    People want loot boxes gone and more direct purchases, did you think it would be cheap?

There is some value in some of these bundles though. You just have to do the math. Sure, the appeal isn't always there when they bundle up too many things though. The Stealing Time bundle on sale with the ZEN charge bonus was worth it for me to finally cave, but if Temporal ships aren't your thing. That's completely understandable. The same goes for the Legendary Fed Bundle.
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    well I'm all for avoiding ridiculous pricing for garbage like the latest romulan legendary bundle - doing the math, it works out as garbage for sure.

I'd happily pay monthly for a plain and simple mmo :pensive:
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User

I am not part of these people.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • diggingcrumpetdiggingcrumpet Member Posts: 88 Bug Hunter
    When might plain and simple make another appearance on Xbox ? I missed it :-(