test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer Event: Water Guns, please?

devencombsdevencombs Member Posts: 222 Arc User
I'm really looking forward to this year's Summer event, but I hope that at long last we will be able to have water gun / water balloon fights. Everyone loves the Winter event because of the snow weapons we get to use. But up to now at least there isn't an equivalent for the Summer event. I love using the Risa floaters and power boards, but if all we'll doing this year is a bunch of races then it will get old quick. The ability to buy a nifty water gun and balloon launcher would give me a new reason to go on a Lolunaht hunt.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    devencombs wrote: »
    Everyone loves the Winter event because of the snow weapons we get to use. But up to now at least there isn't an equivalent for the Summer event.

No everyone doesn't. That's what I particularly DISlike about the winter event. Please don't turn Risa into a summer version of the dreadful, childish winter wonderland.
  • Options
    Hmm, apparently, some people don't like to have fun.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    That depends on your version of fun. Not everyone likes to be attacked, even if it's with water pistols or snowballs.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    robert#4620 robert Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Thanks for the insight on why the Summer Event doesn't seem as complex as the Winter Event. Regardless I hope we get something innovative like a new section in where we can use water guns.
  • Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    I'm really curious about the summer ship and if it's worth doing the dailies for it.

And maybe fun is different for different people. Late summer event ftw!
  • Options
    Everyone loves the Winter event because of the snow weapons we get to use. But up to now at least there isn't an equivalent for the Summer event.

No everyone doesn't. That's what I particularly DISlike about the winter event. Please don't turn Risa into a summer version of the dreadful, childish winter wonderland.

echatty wrote: »
    That depends on your version of fun. Not everyone likes to be attacked, even if it's with water pistols or snowballs.

If you don't like the snowball fights in the Winter event, that's your business. But you are not forced to participate, so stop complaining about it! If water gun fights do break out on Risa and you don't like it, then don't play. I'm not a fan of the foot race in the Winter event, but I don't complain about it's existence; I just choose not to participate. It really is that simple!
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I posted this in another thread pertaining to Risa, but since it is relevant here too:
    Water fights outside the event. The Winter Event has weapons that shoot snow. Well, why not convert those for use on Risa? Heck, you could probably even use the winter weapon templates. The ones that usually shoot snow could shoot water, the ones that normally fire candy could shoot balloons or candy statues.

It'd be a little extra fun for those of us who use Risa as a social hub.

And as noted in that thread, Risa is a pretty big map and there are plenty of areas, away from the main resort section, that could be 'segregated' to accomodate water fights. Heck, they could even use 'Old' Risa since it isn't used for anything else.

Sadly, as per that thread, Risa doesn't actually generate any real revenue for Cryptic (nothing about it that really makes players buy Zen) and isn't easily monetized, hence nothing being added (in terms of event activites) since 2017. It doesn't seem likely that this will change.

Oh there is a way or two they could monetize it, I just hope they don't resort to it.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User

I like being childish.

No point in being grown up if you cant be childish.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    casualsto wrote: »
    I'm really curious about the summer ship and if it's worth doing the dailies for it.

With them opening up the floodgates on which events contribute to the daily progress, on top of it being a FREE T6? Yes. Even if you don't intend to use it we are talking a free T6 account unlock.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Some people aren't going to want forced PVP, especially if it allows creepy guys to whip out their gun and squirt all over you.

If it was restricted to a "water sports" area then maybe. I'm not one to kink shame.
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »

With them opening up the floodgates on which events contribute to the daily progress, on top of it being a FREE T6? Yes. Even if you don't intend to use it we are talking a free T6 account unlock.
    rattler2 wrote: »

Also a free Admiralty card.

Me, I like science ships and intend to at least run up the mastery on it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Some people aren't going to want forced PVP, especially if it allows creepy guys to whip out their gun and squirt all over you.

If it was restricted to a "water sports" area then maybe. I'm not one to kink shame.

Again, they could use the 'old' Risa map. It is used for litereally nothing else.

I like to hang out there. It's a nice map. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    As long as you can't be hit with water if you are not specifically in a watergun fight 'event', then the comparison to Winter Wonderland 'foot races' is valid. I believe that is why they stopped open world throwing of snowballs by Players at other Players years ago.

They also make you immune to being thrown at by Snowmen when in the Race.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    hylia#6092 hylia Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    set phaser to water splooge yeeeehhhhaaaaawww
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Only active on the other map please if it has to be in at all.
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    I posted this in another thread pertaining to Risa, but since it is relevant here too:
    Water fights outside the event. The Winter Event has weapons that shoot snow. Well, why not convert those for use on Risa? Heck, you could probably even use the winter weapon templates. The ones that usually shoot snow could shoot water, the ones that normally fire candy could shoot balloons or candy statues.

It'd be a little extra fun for those of us who use Risa as a social hub.

And as noted in that thread, Risa is a pretty big map and there are plenty of areas, away from the main resort section, that could be 'segregated' to accomodate water fights. Heck, they could even use 'Old' Risa since it isn't used for anything else.

Sadly, as per that thread, Risa doesn't actually generate any real revenue for Cryptic (nothing about it that really makes players buy Zen) and isn't easily monetized, hence nothing being added (in terms of event activites) since 2017. It doesn't seem likely that this will change.

The only thing that 100% factual does not make them money is someone not playing the game. (...well... running subscriptions of ppl not playing excluded of course :P ).

Interesting additions to events (not just even but most likely specifically free ones) does the opposite of this; it makes people interested in playing.
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    All you have to do is get Q to run the event and presto, WATERGUNS FOR ALL ! LOL.
  • Options
    gileslestradegileslestrade Member Posts: 86 Arc User

Again, they could use the 'old' Risa map. It is used for litereally nothing else.

What is the "old" Risa map. Is that the "classic island?" if so, is that only for FED characters? My daughter likes to take her Orion KDF character to Risa, but it won't let her go tot he classic island.

• Options
    edited July 2020

What is the "old" Risa map. Is that the "classic island?" if so, is that only for FED characters? My daughter likes to take her Orion KDF character to Risa, but it won't let her go tot he classic island.

Does she try to go from the resort? The only way I know of to get to Risa Classic is when you warp into the sytem you have a choice to go to classic or resort.

Edit: Looks like it's Fed-only. I took a Klingon and did not get the choice of Classic, only the Resort.

Took a Fed and got the choice of Classic and Resort.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »

Does she try to go from the resort? The only way I know of to get to Risa Classic is when you warp into the sytem you have a choice to go to classic or resort.

Edit: Looks like it's Fed-only. I took a Klingon and did not get the choice of Classic, only the Resort.

Took a Fed and got the choice of Classic and Resort.

Yes, the classic Risa map is Fed only.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Honestly... if water guns were to be added, we don't need Q level shenanigans for it. Humans would have had the tech for centuries after all. And the way I'd see it working is that it doesn't do damage to players. Just gives the target the wet "debuff" that just adds the visual effect you usually get when coming out of water anyways. And they could use the ammo mechanic they made for some of the plasma weapons, only instead of a melee you have a "pump" option that has to be triggered in water to reload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e21B8jXEL10

How else would we defend ourselves? B)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.