test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What would YOU add to Star Trek Online

Comments

• c0nsic0nsi Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    - a font where you don't have to guess if it's a 5,6,8 or 9 if the text is a little smaller
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    jcsww wrote: »
    Photon-Tribble Torpedoes!

+15% crit chance +45% crit severity vs Klingons

Quantdrotriticale Tribble Torpedo Spread 3 has them multiplying more the further distance you are from the target.
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Provide 'historical' holodeck access to AoY arc like you have with Disco. Spread the classic love.
    Now that we can 3d print our ships. How about 3d print our captains? We spend as much time and money getting them just right as well. (Better if I could do my whole landing party. But one thing at a time.)
    Expand the colour pallette on clothing options.

And finally I would like to mix and match the clothing I unlock in game. Why can't I put Mako armour over an iconian body suit for example?

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    80's inspired musical scores. Especially hard rock/metal! \m/

Also maybe some 80s rocker looking outfits. Or stuff like they wore in Miami Vice.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    feiqa wrote: »
    Provide 'historical' holodeck access to AoY arc like you have with Disco. Spread the classic love.

I'd like them to fix the level scaling for replaying those missions honestly. In most instances it scales you back down to first run level while enemies are still your actual level. And it still gives level appropriate loot for first run levels.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Having said what I did. Right now, what I'd add to the game as soon as possible is a torpedo that played the AOL dial sound while firing and flying, and then when it slams into the target it says, "Welcome! You've got mail!"

Of course, this would just be for the comedic relief of it.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    I'd like to see more access to the different eras of Star Trek, as far as equipment is concerned. I can't get TOS officers for my TOS character once I leave the TOS starter area, for example. Oh, K13 has them, but they're nearly impossible to get, as they require upgrading the thing to max level AND cost a fortune in dilithium, EACH. Same with weapons.
    Since when is 40k dil for a BOFF, 3,750 dil for a ground weapon, and 10k dil for a space weapon, a fortune? And since when it having a fully upgraded K13, something pretty much every fleet that isn't just 10 or less people has, a big roadblock?

It is a paywall. Compare the prices to the same types of characters on Qo'nos or Starbase 1. They are massively different. And saying that because an established group can afford something so who cares is rather elitist. And the last time I checked the devs try hard Not to do that.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    In the future I would love to see more humorous episodes. out of all the STO content Quark's Lucky Seven is by far my favorite. it's hilariously funny. Maybe even some Lek stand-alone missions, adding some gear and making a Ferengi Liquidator set.
    Spock.jpg

• vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    I'd like to see more access to the different eras of Star Trek, as far as equipment is concerned. I can't get TOS officers for my TOS character once I leave the TOS starter area, for example. Oh, K13 has them, but they're nearly impossible to get, as they require upgrading the thing to max level AND cost a fortune in dilithium, EACH. Same with weapons.
    Since when is 40k dil for a BOFF, 3,750 dil for a ground weapon, and 10k dil for a space weapon, a fortune? And since when it having a fully upgraded K13, something pretty much every fleet that isn't just 10 or less people has, a big roadblock?

if there is an issue it's that people who are not in a fleet, or more importantly, REFUSE to join a fleet are denied access. Do not misunderstand. I am not saying Me Too. I choose to avoid making STO a second job where I bust my tail to feed EC and diltithium tithes to a fleet overlord., and I accept that I will not have access to the fleet goodies. As long as those fleet goodies do not significantly break the balance of the game, I'm good with it, although the argument can be made that it already DOES break the balance. none of the Uber DPSers would come anywhere near thier marks with stuff that in non-fleet.
    Spock.jpg

• jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    There are fleets out there that will allow players to join and dump their resources in exchange for access to provisions and fleet stuff and then drop out. Fleet Marks pretty much only have one purpose. Some people have stock piles of Dilithium as well to dump.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    ok hear me out Cardassian Ground Weapons, we have the race, the outfits and ships but no Cardassian pistols, rifles or miniguns, make Cardassia a visitable planet like Vulcan and Bajor, add unique dialogue options for Cardassians when dealing with both Cardassian and Bajorian NPCS, I think all of these things will greatly improve the gameplay experience for Cardassian players.
    The only thing you can't get with a simple map invite is fleet ships. Those are tied directly to your own fleet. I've got a KDF fleet that isn't as far along as my Fed Fleet. Only a T3 shipyard. I can't just go to another fleet with a T5 to get a Fleet Blackguard because MY fleet's shipyard doesn't have access to it. Fleet ships are the only exception to the public service map invites.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    hmmm i would add

1. A calendar so we can see what weekends and events are coming up
    2. some form of Explorations missions, ANY form of exploration
    3. Revamped New Romulus ground adventure zone AND revamped Romulan command center giving an external area to the new capital ( still under construction) that would have a new Romulan Republic academy where Romulan captains can do the normal Romulan recruitment assignments and have one for specifically Reman Doffs like both the federation have ones for other races in there organizations.
    4. EV suit slot for captains and Boffs where it would be automatically activated where conditions require a suit to be activated if there is a suitable one in the slot
    5. Complete revamp of the C-store allowing for a new search bar and new filters and allow to sort by faction specific content and the addition of a new tab specifically for redeeming and reclaiming promotion specific content all in one place.
    6. Add the ability to pre-select a number of skills when allocating space and ground points into your captains skill tree to allow you to play around with your skill layout a bit before purchasing any of them with a big confirm button after hitting purchase. should be very handy for folks that are using there one free re-train token.
  • jst455jst455 Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    Crew who sit "on" chairs. not through the chairs
    Actual Join Date: Feb 2009
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User

Ah yes. The old "I have a sandwich, so you must not be starving argument". :s
    grtiggy wrote: »
    and the addition of a new tab specifically for redeeming and reclaiming promotion specific content all in one place.

Don't we already have a Promotions tab?
  • warpcore#6887 warpcore Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Captain's Career Respec Token B)

And better Infrastructure to help lag for all players :D
    "One of the advantages of being a Captain is being able to ask for advice without necessarily having to take it."....... James T. Kirk
  • mindclone#7837 mindclone Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    - Starbase vs. Starbase PVP
    - Bring back every single items that has ever been released in STO for the 10 year Anniversary, thus never doing it again after this year.
    - Make Omega tradable again
    - Bring back foundry missions as permanent side story missions with unique rewards.
    - Armada Mail
    - Fleets in Armadas can help out with provisions from fleet stores...obviously only highest rank can authorize this.
    - Yeah, the calendar...enough said.
    - Make more explorable planets like New Romulus.
    - Add a fixed torpedo slot to all full size ships, two for cruisers, and up to three for Dreadnoughts.
    - Complete revamp of all enemies making them competitive...especially Borg who should be much more dangerous, to adjust for power creep.
    - Unique rewards for Elite missions that would be tradable on the exchange for those who don't get drops.
    - Make ground combat more fluid
    - Improve hotkey delay from mapped buttons...really lags when more than one skill is activated at once.
    - Seriously focus on lag, bring back 100 per Queues.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User

- Add a fixed torpedo slot to all full size ships, two for cruisers, and up to three for Dreadnoughts.

how about no?
    1. adding torpedo hardpoint to existing layouts is way too much powercreep
    2. If you don't add them, but replace existing ones, you TRIBBLE people who built dedicated faw boats
    3. if the torpedo hardpoints are torpedo only then I will make the assumption the other slots are dedicated beam/cannon, which is again, no. I like my submarine as a torpedo boat
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »

how about no?
    1. adding torpedo hardpoint to existing layouts is way too much powercreep
    2. If you don't add them, but replace existing ones, you TRIBBLE people who built dedicated faw boats
    3. if the torpedo hardpoints are torpedo only then I will make the assumption the other slots are dedicated beam/cannon, which is again, no. I like my submarine as a torpedo boat

and if you go on real naval practice, it would be the other way around. dreads and carriers would not have torpedoes, cruisers 2 (port and starboard) Destroyers 4 and smaller boats, (PT boats) would have 4-6
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • cirran1cirran1 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Public events that take place in copies of the "no fun zones". I.E. at random times large groups of attackers hit Earth Space Dock, Qu'nos, Romulan Fleet or New Romulus, DS9 ect.

Cirran
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    cirran1 wrote: »
    Public events that take place in copies of the "no fun zones". I.E. at random times large groups of attackers hit Earth Space Dock, Qu'nos, Romulan Fleet or New Romulus, DS9 ect.

Cirran

They had the perfect opportunity to do this when the Iconian Arc was first released and a general state of war was at hand (many planets attacked through Iconian gates at once).

It would have been a fun addition that would have played right into the story line - heck, the devs themselves could have randomly spawned attacks and caused a universal call to arms at the attacked locations.

But sadly it didn't happen then, so I don't see this concept ever getting put into the game.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Well there are some ships I'd want to add first. Hirogen Huntmaster Dreadnought Cruiser, Na'kuhl Khaerops Dreadnought Carrier, and T6 Vo'quv at least.

Some Cardassian ground weapons like others suggested...

Definitely the Romulan uniform from Nemesis and shuttle and runabout pets for Romulan carriers. Playable Suliban for Romulans

Playable Vorta for the Dominion faction and perhaps Son'a?

TOS and Discovery ships for TOS and Discovery Captains Photonic Fleet

Update the Paradox and Annorax with some Temporal seating

Perhaps a Cooperative faction...always kinda wanted a Enterprise Fed sub faction and could be a reason to add the NX bridge

Probably more but that is off the top of my head

This discussion has been closed.