test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Afterlife - Assault on Boreth

Comments

• navar#3536 navar Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    razartrek1 wrote: »
    I hope they fix this soon I'm stuck in limbo cant level my KDF toon:( dont want to just skip step its important story mission

I have tried finding a way to skip it but cannot find the option. is there an actual way to skip this?

Edit: Never mind, not sure why I didn't thin to check under Episodes. Found it.
  • baloqbaloq Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    This is driving me nuts now. It's been like this for over a week now.

Just pick another spot for the ships to spawn! How bloody hard can it be to fix this?!?

They are taking the rest of the year to update and fix the Klingon content.....Well, Guys?!?!? Here's somthing what needs fixing. You broke it, freaking fix it!
    The reputation system got nerfed to prevent "power creep"; it's called an investment in time and money, and I think I should get a little something for my time and money like being able to stomp the TRIBBLE out of a new guy since I've been playing for three years now! :D
  • neowolfenneowolfen Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    They are definitely aware of the issue, I reported it and had a response. However the fact they asked me to also post it here when it already exists as a report here too and they apparently don't know that does not fill me with confidence.
    Ser Alathor Crownguard, Cwelenas Alenuath, Dwarin Stonefist, Danaerys Hellborn
  • captdragonvipercaptdragonviper Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I"m having the same problem with the mission too. I contacted support too and was told the will give it to the Devs to look into the issues and to make a report on here too. I have been trying for about a week to finish this mission and stuck on it. I have 2 KDF toons and both unable to complete the mission. So at the moment my new KDF is stuck until the mission is fixed.
  • neowolfenneowolfen Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    I hope they fix this soon I'm stuck in limbo cant level my KDF toon:( dont want to just skip step its important story mission

I have tried finding a way to skip it but cannot find the option. is there an actual way to skip this?

Edit: Never mind, not sure why I didn't thin to check under Episodes. Found it.

If you open your Journal, click episodes, find the mission in the relevant story arc, just below it is the option to Skip which will open up the next mission. However if you have things like the Gamma Recruit etc skipping that mission will prevent you getting completion for that story arc with the temporal agent. If however you do not have Gamma Recruit ebenefits then you can skip that mission as noted without any issues.
    Ser Alathor Crownguard, Cwelenas Alenuath, Dwarin Stonefist, Danaerys Hellborn
  • damienoz72damienoz72 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I am STILL having this issue. Very frustrating. I have submitted a ticket but doesn't seem to have been handled.
  • sleel43sleel43 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    It's really marvelous. Go on and on about revamping KDF missions, especially the starting arc. Borc the hell out of Afterlife. What do you guys do about it? Sweet Frig All. Why not? Not like it's been like that for over 2 weeks and patches now. Why would we want to see what Grethor is like now? Guess we wont.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    damienoz72 wrote: »
    I am STILL having this issue. Very frustrating. I have submitted a ticket but doesn't seem to have been handled.
    sleel43 wrote: »
    It's really marvelous. Go on and on about revamping KDF missions, especially the starting arc. Borc the hell out of Afterlife. What do you guys do about it? Sweet Frig All. Why not? Not like it's been like that for over 2 weeks and patches now. Why would we want to see what Grethor is like now? Guess we wont.

Things take time guys (more so on console due to restrictions) Somethings are quicker to fix than others. Just need to be patient. Things will get fixed eventually.
  • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Not sure about other mine launchers but the Black Ops Mine Launcher can still get at the frigates but is a slow process.
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    Add me to the people who had this problem too.

I managed to progress by using AOE attacks that didn't require targets, and slowly destroyed them all.
  • jamesbrycejamesbryce Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Having the same issue so add my name to the list
  • raiken1990#2812 raiken1990 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Still has not been fixed. Just tried, and I guess my BOP ship is not getting lucky with mines either. Engineer rank isn't high enough for eject plasma core to be useful. Really hope it doesn't take as long to fix, as they did with that one romulan mission (to help or not help Obisek).
  • eavueavu Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    (S)ame
  • kingsman#9233 kingsman Member Posts: 3 New User
    same here it is still not fixed
  • drbuck67#3078 drbuck67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Stuck as well for the last 3 days. Had hoped that yesterday's patch would fix it...
  • theonesanewonkotheonesanewonko Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Stuck with this one as well. Got only a generic answer from support. So nothing new here.
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Yup, third group is stuck in the planet and can't be targeted.
    1xe027q.png
  • kisasanurakisasanura Member Posts: 1 New User
    15 days after the first post on this thread and STILL not fixed. how hard can it be to shift the planet or the group of 3 ships a few kilometers so this doesn't happen? A friend of mine is jokingly saying that doing so would cause a rift in the space/time continuum here in the real world, and so ARC has been instructed by Starfleet Temporal Division not to fix this bug until they can prevent the rift. IDK, just fed up with broken missions
  • razartrek1razartrek1 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    Devs please fix this. This is just getting out of hand:(
    "My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me… My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."
  • rupirilorupirilo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I had to level up to commander and get lieutenant commander engineer and use the eject warp plasma just to get past it following the advice from https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Afterlife
    A pain to do but it worked after trying that one group for 10-15 mins.
  • divvydenddivvydend Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Still faulty :(
  • wynterheart#1068 wynterheart Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Still hasn't been fixed
    Was able to use the 'mine method' with one character, but after the 23/06/20 patch the mines no longer go after me they just explode where they are
    My own mines go after the Fer'Jai Frigates, but do no damage
    Have submitted ticket about the bug
  • damienoz72damienoz72 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    BUMPING for the Devs.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    I have also had issues running Afterlife, unlike others, I will be stopping ALL missions until this one is fixed. Character in question is now on indefinate hold until further notice. I will not bypass mission.
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I have also had issues running Afterlife, unlike others, I will be stopping ALL missions until this one is fixed. Character in question is now on indefinate hold until further notice. I will not bypass mission.

I'm with you on this. I'm hoping that this bug will get fixed soon or else the whole "Year of the Klingon" hype is meaningless.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
    4 weeks and this is still being completely ignored not looked into. How sad
    "My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me… My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    I made a new Klingon character and had the same problem.. HOWEVER, Rattler here on the forums had a good idea that worked.. I bought mines! I bought a bunch..

I went to the mission started, took out the enemies I could.. Then I filled all my rear weapon slots with the mine launchers.. Then flew as close as I could to the enemy ships you can't target... And spammed mines, the mines are able to target and fly towards them.

It took a while for them to work they're way through the shields.. But after 10 minutes, I had managed to defeated the enemies... Using just mines, then I could continue the mission without problem.
  • revanthackrevanthack Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I had the same issue, I was able to fix it by going back to sector space and restarting it. Even one of the frigates I had killed by keeping close to them and letting there own mines damage it was still dead.
  • accordvtec77accordvtec77 Member Posts: 140 Arc User

There's no money in it...so it won't ever get fixed. Cryptic only seems interested in fixing bugs that costs them actual revenue.

There's no money in it...so it won't ever get fixed. Cryptic only seems interested in fixing bugs that costs them actual revenue.
    They spent time,manpower and money to actually do all changes to KDF stuff. Regardless thats not really an excuse not to fix very important story mission. Just pure laziness not caring