test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

THATS IT!!!!!!!! I QUIT SMOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

exarch1701exarch1701 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
edited July 2020 in Ten Forward
AFTER SO MANY YEARS OF PAIN, SUFFERING, WASTED MONEY, WASTED TIME, AND GETTING NOTHING IN RETURN, I FRIGGIN QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to this game, and a LOT of help from my fleeties, I finally quit smoking cigarettes. Been 1 month clean, and Im never looking back.

Thanks guys!

Comments

• exarch1701exarch1701 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    gratz!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Congrats! Now you will have so much more money to spend on this game :D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    Ok. That's nice. Well done.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • exarch1701exarch1701 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Congrats! Now you will have so much more money to spend on this game :D
    Already bought the Jem'Hadar Vanguard pack with what I saved from smoking!

Ok. That's nice. Well done.
    Thanks! Appreciate it!
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Congratulations!

And keep this in mind:
    1b77caa4bbbc6afe0fd55553c9f01316.jpg
    Never knew all that..... Thanks for posting that, Ill keep it in mind.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    Well done! Keep it going!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Awesome! I ought to tell my wife, "see, something good does come from playing this game!"

Good Anya!

:blush:
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Congrats. Great to hear your fleetmates are helping you with this.

Also... word of advice, if you ever smoked around your computer... might be a good idea to open 'er up and clean 'er out a bit. When I trained to be a computer repair tech (unfortunately never went anywhere because recession hit as I got out of school) I did clean out a few computers that had some... carpets of dust. The ones with someone who smoked around them... were pretty bad. But I think that was from years of doing so and never cleaning out the inside.
    Also don't get me started on Macs. Alien artifacts I swear. ;)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    I quit threads are not allowed so you are going to have to start smoking again :)
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • betsyphotog#1877 betsyphotog Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    As a former smoker, myself, congrats! I know how hard it can be, but quitting cigarettes is an amazing thing 😁 You should be very proud of yourself! I'm proud of you ❤️
  • raistlin75#1768 raistlin75 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Congrats! I quit five years ago, and feel much better these days. And having more money doesn't hurt either!
  • sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Yep Aug 11 coming up will be 10 years for me stopping.
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Congratulations! Hope you can breathe better now. I never picked that particular nasty habit up, but my parents and sibs all smoke, though the parents stopped after mom got ill. She finally passed on some years ago (unrelated to smoking).

It's a real milestone when someone can toss cigarettes and not pick them back up.

My husband does the dip and I can't stand it, but it's his choice.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I quit Threads are not allowed!!! :) :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    If you quit, why is the smoke detector beeping in the background???
    J/K, Congrats
    Spock.jpg

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    If you quit, why is the smoke detector beeping in the background???
    Sorry, it was my turn to make dinner.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    I quit quitting, and also I quit not-quitting.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    hawku001x wrote: »
    I quit quitting, and also I quit not-quitting.

So... you in Limbo doing the Limbo?
    jonsills wrote: »
    Sorry, it was my turn to make dinner.

Thought I smelled something burning...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Many grats! I finally stopped smoking about 4 years and some change ago, and am I ever glad to be off that ride. Keep it up!

Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Now try quitting the most dangerous addiction of all, Star Trek Online. :tongue: