test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wrath of khan uniform promotion broken for some Xbox one users

It appears that the "wrath of khan" uniform promotion is broken for some Xbox one players. After linking an xbox account to the Arc app no reward is generated in the Zen store promotional tab. Other promotional from the Arc app do not have any issues showing up in the Zen store. This does not seem to be a universal bug as I know other players who joined before and after I linked my Arc app with my gamertag who do have the Khan outfit- and had no issues with it appearing in the promotions tab. It does not work for any accounts linked from my home IP address however.

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    @darkbladejk Please move this thread to the Xbox One Gameplay Bug Reports section of the forums. Since this has to do with Xbox One users. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    edited June 2020
    @darkbladejk @wingedhussar#7584 Please move this thread to the Xbox One Gameplay Bug Reports section of the forums. Since this has to do with Xbox One users and not PC users. Thanks. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
  • mutantcamel#2832 mutantcamel Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    I’m in the Arc app (linked to my gamer tag successfully) and I don’t see that promotion anywhere either.
  • darkstar#8047 darkstar Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    When I did this it wasn't through the Arc App It was on the main window of the game itself where there was an option to link the account, when activate it too me to the Arc website to register,once I did that the Khan outfit was in the promotions tab of the zen store. I never once used the Arc app during this.
    I’m truly amazed at how oddly difficult it’s been to try to find possibly one of the most popular and iconic uniforms in Trek history in this game. I’ve been looking for it for years and it’s never popped up. :(
    Bumping this one, as I really would like an answer from the devs on this.
    Do devs come here anymore? Did they ever?
    edited July 2020
    There is one who reads the bug reports. Check FCT 2.0 for further information which is located in General Discussion.
  • darkstar#8047 darkstar Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Do devs come here anymore? Did they ever?

Yes apparently they do read but they just don't respond

A. Because if they do respond they get yelled at and abused
    B. If they don't respond they get yelled at and abused

So they simply decided that since they will be yelled at and abused anyway, they don't bother responding. Still it would be nice if they would say something like, thanks we are aware of it. Instead people end up posting repeatedly the same bugs because they don't know if anyone on the dev team has taken notice of it yet.

I wish they would just put up a sticky post with known bugs so we could check before posting.
    edited July 2020
    That’s an excellent idea! A lot of open-source dev houses out there (Mozilla is a prime example) have rolling bug lists that show their regular status, which are also used for release notes upon deployment. That way everyone knows where things are at.

And it makes sense about their reluctance to lurk here. I’ve been a developer myself for 30 years and it can be a thankless job. However, I’ve also found that most of my users are appreciative of at least an email within 24 hours to let them know their issues are being addressed. Buys me a lot of time and good will to get the job done. Ignoring the users, or at least the perception thereof, is not a viable model for good development practices, IMO. Oh, well... different strokes for different folks, I guess...