test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What happened to my saved outfits?

artemesia724artemesia724 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
I went to the tailor today, and wanted to reload some outfits for an event, but the "Load Saved Outfits" area is empty for me. What happened? I tried logging in and out several times, I changed characters; nothing works! Still no outfits. I saved some new ones, but those are the only ones that show up. What's going on?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Check your screenshots folder and confirm if they are still there.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    On PC, saved outfits are actually saved locally on your computer. If you are logging in from a new computer, you won't have those saved outfits.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • artemesia724artemesia724 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    But I'm not logging in from a new computer. I'm using the same one I've played this game with for 7 years! I did have to change the password recently, but it's never done this before.

And yes, I have a screenshots folder, but it only has pictures from an outfit I made today.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    Odd...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    could be your computer settings caused the OS to redirect the file path. if you installed to a "system" location it hides the saved costume data in a shadow directory outside the installation folder. finding the shadow is a PITA. It's a hidden system folder attached the the user profile you're logged in as.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    That seems like the most likely thing that happened, but how am I supposed to find such a file? I made a shortcut to the screenshots folder in my STO directory, but it doesn't appear to show where my user profile is.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    that's a bit annoying. you have to tell windows to display hidden and system files, then search the the hard drive. Hmm I think screenshot_ would be a good option for search string.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • darknovasc01darknovasc01 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    Assuming you are on Windows 10, in File Explorer switch to the View tab, and towards the end of the ribbon you should see options for 'File name extensions' and 'Hidden items' - tick both of those to start.

Then look under C:\Users\**Your User Name**\AppData, then search the folders 'Local', 'LocalLow' and 'Roaming' for image files in the format your costumes are normally saved in. I am guessing you should end up with something in a folder with 'Cryptic Studios' in the path (I use a custom install folder, but the above folders are where you will find appliacation data specific to a particular user login.
    My computer is Windows 7
    Okay, sent in a support ticket, hopefully the experts will know what to do.
    Great news guys! :) I found the original screenshots folder! My saved outfits were just fine! I found them in this file path:

Local Disk (C:)/Cryptic Studios/Star Trek Online/Live/screenshots

I was so surprised and happy. I copied the screenshots to both a safe place, and to the file path the game currently uses:

Local Disk (C:)/Program Files (x86)/Perfect World Entertainment/Star Trek Online_en/Star Trek Online/Live/Screenshots

I tested it in the game, and the outfits are there :smiley:

I'm so happy right now :smiley: Even better, I found it on my birthday! Talk about a nice present!
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Happy birthday and congratulations.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
This discussion has been closed.